VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely M. Flahive from the Hampton Rovers should have made the side! I know he missed first time we played them but the second time i thought he was brilliant.

A very silky, HFF of the Dermott Cleary mould. Would have been a worthy pick.

And has forme not getting picked, im speechless!

ABSOLUTE JOKE!

If the bloke did it and owned up I say good on him for having the balls. Would of been a lot easier to say nothing and let a possibly innocent bloke take the wrap and miss a GF.

You cant be serious!
The bloke who took the blame wasn't going to get a game anyway so they used him as a scapegoat so the "innocent" bloke could get off and play.

The one who took the blame will probably enjoy free piss over the next few weeks at the club - especially if a win comes!

Spoke to a teammate of his that claims it was in fact a noble act from the culprit. The vague recollection was a bit suspect, but he recalls going in with a knee and wasn't sure if it had connected. Still wreaks of undermining the system, but good luck to them. The decision's been handed and someone's missing 4 weeks of a footy and quite possibly a premiership.

Tips for the week are:

Hampton

Oakleigh by 37 points. I'm led to believe the only unavailable player is the suspended Chapple. Geelong were good last week, but the overall consistency of the Oakleigh season should be enough to culminate in a GF appearance.

And kudos to DC. Obviously one of our own trying to convince the forumites it's an alias of mine.

The bloke Chapple that owned up was the one that hit him... dunno about any stray knees, it looked like a good punch from where I was standing. Don't look upon the hampton bloke as a victim though, he definately threw a punch to get the ball rolling.

Just thought I'de clear it up. Been a good laugh reading this thread all year. Keep up the good work.

PS. Can Dermott Cleary's head get any bigger

Now for the grand final we've been waiting for-Oakleigh v Hampton Rovers. Guys, who's your selection for this grand final and why?

oooo it was an exciting wittle game yesterday. i just knew our boys were going to be weady for those sneaky panthers. can somewun pwease tell that nasty boy 25 i want my baby back. yes, you camwern. pwease come home. i miss you.

p.s. tell mitzi to cwean his sheets.

Scribe, seeing you've covered last year's C Section GF that ended up being decided by a point, what chance of the D1 GF becoming a thriller?

Scribe, seeing you've covered last year's C Section GF that ended up being decided by a point, what chance of the D1 GF becoming a thriller?

It'll take a great effort from Oakleigh to stop the momentum that the Rovers have at the moment.
How was Woodsy's shoulder?
and the little fella's knee?

Mick, can you help me out with a few names?
Number 15 - Brown?
Number 9 - Leroy?
Number 39?

The big dudster was important in the middle.
Leigh Fletcher was pretty damn good too.

Don't underestimate Oakleigh, they are a very experienced and very professional side. As Tom Brain said on radio yesterday, no matter how far behind Oakleigh are, even in the last quarter, they will find a way to come back, as we saw in Round 18, and in the second semi. This is something the Rovers would have to be aware of. This game is not going to be a blowout, as we saw in the Rovers two previous finals. I reckon this match will be tight all the way to the final siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll take a great effort from Oakleigh to stop the momentum that the Rovers have at the moment.
How was Woodsy's shoulder?
and the little fella's knee?

Mick, can you help me out with a few names?
Number 15 - Brown? correct
Number 9 - Leroy? correct
Number 39? Ferrari

The big dudster was important in the middle.
Leigh Fletcher was pretty damn good too.

Duds and Fletch were good. As were the other 3 you mentioned. Wasn't many that weren't. Not sure about the injuries champ.

Duds and Fletch were good. As were the other 3 you mentioned. Wasn't many that weren't. Not sure about the injuries champ.

One more question Mick, At the beginning of the 3rd quarter there was a bit of an altercation in front of the coaches box. i know you saw what happened, but can you elaborate?

I can give you an early tip who's going to be umpiring the D1 grand final on Saturday- Mark Gibson and Wayne Hinton. You couldn't have two of the most experienced umpires to do this game, something like over 700 games combined. I know I might be wrong but that's my guess.

I can give you an early tip who's going to be umpiring the D1 grand final on Saturday- Mark Gibson and Wayne Hinton. You couldn't have two of the most experienced umpires to do this game, something like over 700 games combined. I know I might be wrong but that's my guess.
Mark Gibson Umpired Under 19's on the weekend after being out for three\four weeks due to a serious hamstring injury ... it would be very unlikely if he did the game in question.

Check your PM's. Won't elaborate on the forum. But there was an incident involving spectators, Coach McGee and Tom Brain.

McGee is an outrageous bloke.

The example he sets for his very young side is terrible, not to mention selfish, attention seeking & not in their clubs best interest.

My tip is that in a couple years the very young OM's side will be tearing up higher grades if they can keep their talent and get rid of him.

Knowing Mark Gibson, and how much he loves doing finals games, I wouldn't rule out 'Gibbo' doing a grand final this year-question is, which one? You're talking about possibly the most respected umpire in the VAFA community. If there was an opinion poll on 'best VAFA umpire', Mark Gibson would be in the top 3. Gibson handles grand finals better than any umpire I've seen in my time in VAFA footy. And the way he controls fiery incidents (and it will be the case on Saturday-I'm not ruling that out)by talking to players in a calm and professional way is first class-something most AFL umpires should learn from. The VAFA is very lucky to have umpires the calibre of Mark Gibson, Wayne Hinton, Steve McCarthy, Albie Firley, Tim Sutcliffe.

Knowing Mark Gibson, and how much he loves doing finals games, I wouldn't rule out 'Gibbo' doing a grand final this year-question is, which one? You're talking about possibly the most respected umpire in the VAFA community. If there was an opinion poll on 'best VAFA umpire', Mark Gibson would be in the top 3. Gibson handles grand finals better than any umpire I've seen in my time in VAFA footy. And the way he controls fiery incidents (and it will be the case on Saturday-I'm not ruling that out)by talking to players in a calm and professional way is first class-something most AFL umpires should learn from. The VAFA is very lucky to have umpires the calibre of Mark Gibson, Wayne Hinton, Steve McCarthy, Albie Firley, Tim Sutcliffe.

First class and umpires should never be used in the same sentence.

Us mentone boys are over it, we are just looking forwarding to having another chance this weekend. Who cares about umpires, marks, punching, time keepers, all I know is that Oakleigh won by 1 point end of story. We at Mentone are just looking forward to another challenge this week against Hampton.

So, How'd you enjoy the challenge? I look forward to your post mad monday response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back