VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets look at the grog situation at Sandy and the Magee issue.

Magee has caused at least 6 different altercations over the past season at venues where alcohol is not consumed. End of story. magee is the problem and will continue to be given he has has been told to pull his head in and has been unable to.

A few years in the wilderness may calm the lad down a bit.

ease up deano, that sounds a bit too much like reasonable rationale to me. it has no place in here! you should know better!!!

point to the easiest scapegoat and avoid the real issue!

all i know is that i was approached by mr magee for a fist-a-cuffs after the half time siren on saturday. this was following the usual verbal banter between myself and an OM player that takes place between players during a game. it only turned physical when said mule intervened.

second hand info on the 3rd quarter incident points to an easily aggravated coach, lippy spectators, over-zealousness and misunderstanding. NO BOOZE!

ease up deano, that sounds a bit too much like reasonable rationale to me. it has no place in here! you should know better!!!

all i know is that i was approached by mr magee for a fist-a-cuffs after the half time siren on saturday. this was following the usual verbal banter between myself and an OM player that takes place between players during a game. it only turned physical when said mule intervened.

second hand info on the 3rd quarter incident points to an easily aggravated coach, lippy spectators, over-zealousness and misunderstanding. NO BOOZE!

Speaking of rationale.... Stop philosophying Duds.

good luck Dudsta - I hope you can bring home the bacon my old mate.

I hope to get there to see it

It wouldn't surprise me if Old Mentonians re-appoint Ben McGee for 2008, even if McGee gets invovled in incidents other coaches try to avoid. If I was president of Old Mentonians, this is what I would've done:re-appoint McGee. What you've got to remember that this is a good performance by McGee to get his team into the finals in his first year as coach, bear in mind not too many people at the start of the year would've had Old Mentonians in the finals, so McGee, by his own standards, has done well. I reckon he might even give the Coach of the Year award a bit of a shake.

Duds,

Not sure what the official VAFA line is, but the logical viewpoint is that if two players finish in front of you in a B&F count (whether tied for the medal or 1st and 2nd), then you are the third best player that year, and therefore you finish third.

Pretty sure this was a question on the ads for "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" :D

Duds,

Not sure what the official VAFA line is, but the logical viewpoint is that if two players finish in front of you in a B&F count (whether tied for the medal or 1st and 2nd), then you are the third best player that year, and therefore you finish third.

Pretty sure this was a question on the ads for "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" :D

looks like id best hit the books and get my self a 5th grade education then... gotta gets me some of that profound logic!

just one interesting note...

Rutter 19
Snow 19
Drew 16
Andersen 15

who got the 3rd best score? :eek:

looks like id best hit the books and get my self a 5th grade education then... gotta gets me some of that profound logic!

Rutter 19
Snow 19
Drew 16
Andersen 15

Answer: Drew - as there were 2 scores better than his, 19 and.....19 again. :)

Duds,

FYI Fraser, "Duddy" is actually not Anton Duddy as many would be led to believe. Someone's using an alias. Rest assured this person is somewhat well educated and hates an argument/debate.

olympics aside... are you saying there is no second?

this IS a matter of view. here is a valid point of view that only a moron would not acknowledge: equal first (rutter/snow), a second (drew) and a third (andersen). perhaps we should ask what the offical VAFA line is... Scribe? Tom Brain?? comments?

trying to deny anyone of such sounds like sour grapes! either you are a serial bench sitter, frustrated spectator, 2008 D1 player or an Oakleigh mule trying to stir the pot. either way, get over it nerd!

well done to 1st (2 of them:eek:), 2nd, 3rd and all the players who polled well.

Bring on Saturday!!!

Calling someone a nerd not only doesn't cut deep but it is straight out of the 80's. Do you wear one piece tracksuits too?

By the way, you are the one spending all your time on the internet. Who's the nerd? I bet you belong to chat rooms and think the people you speak to are real friends.

Rutter 19
Snow 19
Drew 16
Andersen 15

Stupidest argument of the year. What position is Drew on your list - 3rd, what position is Andersen - 4th. It goes on position not score.

If 3 players tie in golf for first on -9 then the next player is on -8 they are 4th because there are 3 in front of him/her. Score makes no difference it is position!!!

Stupidest argument of the year. What position is Drew on your list - 3rd, what position is Andersen - 4th. It goes on position not score.

If 3 players tie in golf for first on -9 then the next player is on -8 they are 4th because there are 3 in front of him/her. Score makes no difference it is position!!!
very stupid.. but i like it..

The idiot who said that when there is a tie for the gold in the olympics they still award a silver and bronze.. well for fact, they don't, they only hand out a bronze if the gold is a tie between 2 ppl...

Gee it is good to be back in town. I agree, what a stupid post by the dud. The poor old dudster is not very bright is he. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very stupid.. but i like it..

The idiot who said that when there is a tie for the gold in the olympics they still award a silver and bronze.. well for fact, they don't, they only hand out a bronze if the gold is a tie between 2 ppl...

I think that has been clarified about 4 times already, catch up old boy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Old Mentonians re-appoint Ben McGee for 2008, even if McGee gets invovled in incidents other coaches try to avoid. If I was president of Old Mentonians, this is what I would've done:re-appoint McGee. What you've got to remember that this is a good performance by McGee to get his team into the finals in his first year as coach, bear in mind not too many people at the start of the year would've had Old Mentonians in the finals, so McGee, by his own standards, has done well. I reckon he might even give the Coach of the Year award a bit of a shake.

On the VAFA web site the Old Mentonians Senior/2's/19's jobs are advertised on the new installment of coach ads.

So you might be proved wrong Jase. However it might be a constitutional requirement ? Any Panthers out there willing to spill the beans ?

it appears ive been out voted by the intellectual might of this forum... therefore it must be so.

i still stand by my position that 15 is the third highest score... therefore 3rd place. granted it he was the fourth person... i see no quandary in considering equal first as equal first. it would be disrespectful any other way.

ive also seen no real argument convincing me otherwise... sure, plenty of slander, but no valid reasoning. "golf does it" and "in the olympics" doesn't qualify in my book. nor does flock mentality.

so i'll ask a question (it works for jase):

why is the person with the 3rd highest score not considered the third place getter?

rutter and snow - first
drew - second
andersen - third.

yours expectantly,
uncle mick's smart guy :eek:

GF week = no work! this is fun :thumbsu:

it appears ive been out voted by the intellectual might of this forum... therefore it must be so.

i still stand by my position that 15 is the third highest score... therefore 3rd place. granted it he was the fourth person... i see no quandary in considering equal first as equal first. it would be disrespectful any other way.

ive also seen no real argument convincing me otherwise... sure, plenty of slander, but no valid reasoning. "golf does it" and "in the olympics" doesn't qualify in my book. nor does flock mentality.

so i'll ask a question (it works for jase):

why is the person with the 3rd highest score not considered the third place getter?

rutter and snow - first
drew - second
andersen - third.

yours expectantly,
uncle mick's smart guy :eek:

GF week = no work! this is fun :thumbsu:

"Your book".. ok mate.. I don't listen to professional sports around the world either.. If it doesn't make sense in my own head everyone else must be wrong, even with valid reasons which I just brush aside...

It's not the 3rd highest score when there are 3 scores above that score.. its the 4th highest, TWO at the top, and ONE below that making a total of THREE scores, the andersen person you are talking about has the next score down which is FOURTH.... you simpleton..

Who cares? The mule's going to be stubborn on this one. All we know is I'm the number 1 biggest head in Bayside and equally the deepest voice. There's no 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Hey Pinto, yeah I saw that sthlut at Motel. She gave me a gobby in the car park. Thsick!

"Your book".. ok mate.. I don't listen to professional sports around the world either.. If it doesn't make sense in my own head everyone else must be wrong, even with valid reasons which I just brush aside...

It's not the 3rd highest score when there are 3 scores above that score.. its the 4th highest, TWO at the top, and ONE below that making a total of THREE scores, the andersen person you are talking about has the next score down which is FOURTH.... you simpleton..

baaaaaa...

Uncle Mick, who will the rovers play on Trevor Bromley this week? Haven't seen any of your clashes this year with Oakleigh so not sure how damaging he has been

What's your opinion on Richmond hosting a VAFA final (it doesn't matter what grade, or what final it is) in the future, seeing that the Tigers doesn't have a Social Club? After all, Punt Rd Oval is centrally located, has a good playing surface and factilities for the spectators are more than adequate. It could be used if the MCG is not hosting a final, which would make it easier for fans to park their cars. Brian, 10 goal wins in grand finals are very rare (unless you happen to watch Old Xaverians during the period of greatness 1995-2000), so I expect this game to go right down to the wire. Both Oakleigh & Hampton Rovers are very evenly matched, so I think this would be a tight contest. For the record-what price a draw in the grand final?
Jason, we play extra time in the GF so i'll give you odds of 1trillion to one!
Good luck Sunday.

Here are the rules regarding extra time in finals & grand finals:

If both teams are level after normal time, there will be 2x5 minute period each way to decide the result. If both teams are still level, then both teams will go at it again for 3 minutes each way, and if they're still level, it will be a draw and a replay arranged the following week. (Why did the AFL not think of this rule back in 1977, when the Kangaroos and Collingwood played out a draw?)

Here are the rules regarding extra time in finals & grand finals:

If both teams are level after normal time, there will be 2x5 minute period each way to decide the result. If both teams are still level, then both teams will go at it again for 3 minutes each way, and if they're still level, it will be a draw and a replay arranged the following week. (Why did the AFL not think of this rule back in 1977, when the Kangaroos and Collingwood played out a draw?)

AFL still don't use the rule in Grand Finals. If a draw they have a replay but only in a GF. All other finals have extra time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back