Vale Nicole Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surprised this wasn’t up yet. Deserves a thread.

Nicole Duncan, who we all know with her trademark visa standing on the sidelines, sadly lost her short battle with Luekemia on Saturday.

Nicole has served the club for over 30 years and was a diligent administrator and heart and soul of the club.

Fages - ‘Nicole was the most competent and diligent colleague I’ve worked alongside in my time in the AFL.

“Her work was her passion and she was an expert at her role. She wanted nothing but the best for our club and her daily aim was to serve the Lions with purpose and efficiency. Without doubt she achieved her goal consistently over a 30-year career,” said Fagan.

duncs3.png

“My wife Ursula, daughters Jessica & Ellen and I loved her dearly. She made us all feel so welcome at the club and part of the family.

She was currently our footy dept manager which is an enormous role, impacting all levels.

The thoughts of everyone are with Nicole’s family.

She was an absolute institution at our club and will leave a massive hole.

Link to story - Vale Nicole Duncan

Last edited:

Very sad for her family and the Club - obviously, a much loved member of staff and an extremely well regarded person. Amongst her other roles, was Nicole the lady on the boundary who checked off our interchanges at home games?

Very sad for her family and the Club - obviously, a much loved member of staff and an extremely well regarded person. Amongst her other roles, was Nicole the lady on the boundary who checked off our interchanges at home games?
Nicole’s most visible role was holding up the board telling players how much time was left in a quarter.

Surprised this wasn’t up yet. Deserves a thread.

Nicole Duncan, who we all know with her trademark visa standing on the sidelines, sadly lost her short battle with Luekemia on Saturday.

Nicole has served the club for over 30 years and was a diligent administrator and heart and soul of the club.

Fages - ‘Nicole was the most competent and diligent colleague I’ve worked alongside in my time in the AFL.

“Her work was her passion and she was an expert at her role. She wanted nothing but the best for our club and her daily aim was to serve the Lions with purpose and efficiency. Without doubt she achieved her goal consistently over a 30-year career,” said Fagan.

duncs3.png

“My wife Ursula, daughters Jessica & Ellen and I loved her dearly. She made us all feel so welcome at the club and part of the family.

She was currently our footy dept manager which is an enormous role, impacting all levels.

The thoughts of everyone are with Nicole’s family.

She was an absolute institution at our club and will leave a massive hole.

Link to story - Vale Nicole Duncan
Thanks for posting this lioninthesand. So sad for the family, friends and club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back