VB Series: India vs Zimbabwe @ Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

ScouseCat

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2003
Melbourne
Other Teams
Geelong & Liverpool
Zimbabwe are 5 for 89 in the 31st over at Hobart, already looking well out of their depth against India. Verinder Sehwag has taken 2 wickets with his part time spinners, Carlisle made a slow 36 to be the top scorer for Zimbabwe at the moment.

Their approach has been diabolical. They're playing to hold their wickets, meanwhile their number 3 gets dismissed after a shot that even Stupid MacGill would be ashamed of.

Their top order is disgraceful. Heath Streak is their best batsman and should be batting at 3, whilst Andy Blignaut should be batting at 5-6.

Their top order is disgraceful. Heath Streak is their best batsman and should be batting at 3, whilst Andy Blignaut should be batting at 5-6.

And Blignaut should be given a licence to play shots from the get-go.

better.

Zimbabwe 207 from their 50 overs.

Not bad, given their situation. Mind you, it's all down to Streak and Ervine.
The Indians may struggle if the Zimbos are as tight in the field this game as last.

Bloody good effort by the Zimbots to get 207 after again early wickets fell. By the looks of it they made 93 off the last 72 balls...thank Ervine a lot for that.

Will be interesting to see if the bowlers can again bowl well enough to trouble the opposition. There could still be a match in this yet.

Originally posted by spanna
And Blignaut should be given a licence to play shots from the get-go.
He was the one who smacked us around in the World Cup in the latter overs in Harare. Maybe Zimbabwe should open with Blignaut and give him a licence to hit over the top in the first 15 overs. Scoring at 3 runs per over in the first 15 overs just doesn't cut the mustard in this country, so it could be worth a try.

Originally posted by spanna
I couldn't see the game. Can anyone tell me how Dravid kept?

He was ordinary.

Ian Healy spent much of his time tearing Dravid's approach apart.

I reckon India'll stick with Dravid as keeper for the whole series...if they bring in Patel then they have to drop one of Laxman or Singh and Laxman is too good a batsman to drop and Singh too good a fielder as well as being a hard hitting batsman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point Tank. I also think that Patel showed in the tests that he may not be up to keeping in the one dayers anyway.

Huge talent for the future though, considering he is only 18, and showed plenty of heart with the bat.

Doesn't look like the bowlers have come to play today...India are going to kill them...and quickly too.

0/91 off 17 overs.
Tendulkar on 35 off 40
Sehwag on 45 off 63

India beat Zimbabwe by 7 wickets with more then 12 overs to spare today in Hobart. Chasing the Zimbabwe score of 6 for 208, India were never troubled in reaching the target... Sehwag 90, Tendulkar 44, Ganguly 32 not out and Laxman 13 not out in India's score of 3 for 211. India gained all 6 points from the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

VB Series: India vs Zimbabwe @ Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back