VCFL State Team Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Beaker3

Draftee
Nov 14, 2008
Ringwood North
AFL Club
Collingwood
A huge congratulations to the following players who have been selected in the Senior VCFL State team 2 to play the Amatures on Saturday in Shepparton.

Michael Smith - Mt Eve (Vice Captain)
James Charge - Mt Eve
Jarrod Bayliss - Wandin
Josh Taylor - Emerald

A great acheivement and reward for representing the league this year. Good luck boys a great job!

Congratulations boys! Are they in state team 2 because they are in the Vic Country zone, or were they regarded to be in the bottom half of the players selected?

A huge congratulations to the following players who have been selected in the Senior VCFL State team 2 to play the Amatures on Saturday in Shepparton.

James Charge - Mt Eve
Jarrod Bayliss - Wandin
Josh Taylor - Emerald

A great acheivement and reward for representing the league this year. Good luck boys a great job!

Great Effort - will they actually play? - big ask for Bayliss considering he coaches a side!

Taylor coaches Emerald and he is playing with the full support of the playing group and committee. You don't get the opportunity to play matches like this every day and I believe that it paints the club and the league in a positive light to have representation at that level.

The State Team 2 is made up of the Vic Country Leagues ranked 11-20 plus all of the district comps. Team 1 consists of the teams ranked 1-10 (like the O&M / Mornington / Goulburn Valley / Hampden leagues ect).

In regards to the 2 coaches selected (Jarrod Bayliss and Josh Taylor) this is a great effort and they could only make the side if they have been training and had committed to playing. I am sure that their clubs have supported this opportunity for them to develop and experience another level of football and look at it as an opportunity for them to develop and bring back more to their clubs.

Also a great effort from Smithy to be named Vice Captain of this side after narrowly missing out on the number 1 side last year prior to the VCFL changing the set up a little.

Taylor coaches Emerald and he is playing with the full support of the playing group and committee. You don't get the opportunity to play matches like this every day and I believe that it paints the club and the league in a positive light to have representation at that level.

The big difference being Wandin play Olinda in what may be a season defining game. Judging how even Div 1 is you need your best players playing every game. In contrast you could run a raffle every Thursday night with the prize being a game in the seniors in Div 2 and no one would know the difference.

The big difference being Wandin play Olinda in what may be a season defining game. Judging how even Div 1 is you need your best players playing every game. In contrast you could run a raffle every Thursday night with the prize being a game in the seniors in Div 2 and no one would know the difference.

I don't think a few players missing against Yarra Glen will make much difference on Saturday. They were flogged on the weekend with 3 or 4 of their better players not finishing the game with long term injuries. Add a couple of early retirements I have heard they will struggle to fill two sides this Saturday.

James Charge - Mt Eve
Jarrod Bayliss - Wandin
Josh Taylor - Emerald

Great effort by the 2 mt ev guys, would also like to extend my thanks to the yvmdfl for drawing us against the bottom side this week seeing as we don't have the best player in the comp and no. 1 ruckman. Cheers.

Great to see Yarra Glen with 6 of its best players out knock over Mt Evelyn with 2 or 3 of their best not playing. I think Bayliss missing from Wandin would have been a bigger loss than Smith & Charge, as good as they are Mt Evelyn did have players to cover for them, no one at Wandin could cover Bayliss being away.

Great to see Yarra Glen with 6 of its best players out knock over Mt Evelyn with 2 or 3 of their best not playing. I think Bayliss missing from Wandin would have been a bigger loss than Smith & Charge, as good as they are Mt Evelyn did have players to cover for them, no one at Wandin could cover Bayliss being away.

Possibly the stupidest statement i have read on this forum! not only would most clubs struggle without there starting ruckman and no 1 onballer but when they are deemed the best in the comp it is a touch hard to "cover" as you put it! not too mention a couple more handy types! the sh!t coming out of your mouth dgball, is not to disimilair from the amazing surface we played in on sat good luck next year

A most articulate and well considered response to someone's opinion, I stand by belief that having your best player AND coach missing is harder to cover than having your best 2 players out. This is especially so when one team thinks it is a top 4 side and the other is an up and coming contender. Maybe I overestimated the rest of Mt Evelyn's list, can't beat the bottom team who was decimated with injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DGBall - don't get sucked in by someone who is prepared to take a cheap shot at B Murf, thank the league for drawing against the bottom side whilst two of their better players were out and criticize the ground conditions. For years Mt Ev's ground was similiar in conditions. I am tipping the Mt Ev coach would not be too happy with his comments. Basically he is saying that they can't win a game with the list that they have when a few are not playing. I am glad our blokes did not have that attitude on the weekend whereby only 13 players played from last years GF side played and the ones on the sidelines included the league leading goal kicker, League B & F and Club B & F not too mention two key backs.

Possibly the stupidest statement i have read on this forum! not only would most clubs struggle without there starting ruckman and no 1 onballer but when they are deemed the best in the comp it is a touch hard to "cover" as you put it! not too mention a couple more handy types! the sh!t coming out of your mouth dgball, is not to disimilair from the amazing surface we played in on sat good luck next year

You are starting to shit me stop posting shit in my name. Does anyone no how to get rid of this d*ckhead

DGBall - don't get sucked in by someone who is prepared to take a cheap shot at B Murf, thank the league for drawing against the bottom side whilst two of their better players were out and criticize the ground conditions. For years Mt Ev's ground was similiar in conditions. I am tipping the Mt Ev coach would not be too happy with his comments. Basically he is saying that they can't win a game with the list that they have when a few are not playing. I am glad our blokes did not have that attitude on the weekend whereby only 13 players played from last years GF side played and the ones on the sidelines included the league leading goal kicker, League B & F and Club B & F not too mention two key backs.

Trust you to associate the words sucked and ball! is this the same deano that used to get left out of or named emergency in all those interleague sides i played in ? our ground was like that deano you are actually right about something but instead of spending money on b grade footballers that cant even keep you in 1st divvy maybe you should tip some money into your playing surface, like we did! our list is just fine deano, thankfully finals are played on good grounds not yours!

Trust you to associate the words sucked and ball! is this the same deano that used to get left out of or named emergency in all those interleague sides i played in ? our ground was like that deano you are actually right about something but instead of spending money on b grade footballers that cant even keep you in 1st divvy maybe you should tip some money into your playing surface, like we did! our list is just fine deano, thankfully finals are played on good grounds not yours!

You are clearly not Jon Dalton so own up and stop hiding behind someone elses name. Again I am sure Mt Ev's coach or committee wouldn't be too be happy with your comments!

Remove this Banner Ad

VCFL State Team Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back