Velocity Sports Cup - AFLQ Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
I thought that seeing as though there seems to be a fair bit of QLD footy news making its way to this board lately we might be able to narrow down the news for a few of the competitions. We can still use the Aflq News thread for general Qld Footy news.:thumbsu:

With Velocity Sports coming on board as major sponsor for the next three years, I would say that the competition is in good hands.

http://qfl.aflq.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=116163

Velocity Sport will be great for the AFLQ. The article mentions Voss & Lynch, but other directors of this company include Peter Blucher (former Lions Communications Manager) and Murray Bird (long time AFL umpire, former AFL umpire).

So, to start off the discussions, Southport seem to have recruited well again in the off season, there have been a few leave Broadbeach (who lost their first practice match to Labrador) and Mt Gravatt had a first up practice match win over Zillmere.

The season starts on April 14th, with a Grand Final Rematch at Southport.

Bring it on:thumbsu:

Anyone got any results from the weekend or game reports on any teams?

hopefully this board takes off!!:thumbsu:

Broadbeach beat Zillmere by a goal. Zillmere seem to have lost quite a few of there better players. Broadbeach seem to have recruited well with a couple of recruits being in their best. It will be very interesting to see how these two teams go this year with such a high turn over of players.

Broadbeach beat Zillmere by a goal. Zillmere seem to have lost quite a few of there better players. Broadbeach seem to have recruited well with a couple of recruits being in their best. It will be very interesting to see how these two teams go this year with such a high turn over of players.

Looking forward to my boys playing Broady this Saturday. We should have a couple back.

CATS STAR FULTON TO MISS ROUNDS 2-3

Broadbeach goalkicking ace Korey Fulton will be available for the Cats’ Velocity Sports Cup premiership season opener against Morningside on 15 April, but will miss the following two matches against Mt Gravatt and the Suncoast Lions.

Fulton is making a whirlwind trip to the Caribbean for the semis and final of the World Cup cricket tournament, and will be back on the Gold Coast for the Round 4 clash with Labrador.

Fulton, who sits in the top five alltime goalkickers in the 104 year history of state league football in Queensland with 524 career goals, has been in great touch through the 2007 pre-season.

Teammate Warwick Fenner, top three in last year’s club champion voting, will miss the opening two weeks, but will return for Round 3. He too is attending the World Cup.

I'll give the ladder prediction a go that they're doing on the other forums.

Southport
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Zillmere
Suncoast Lions
Broadbeach
Redlands
Labrador

And Rd 1 tips for this weekend.

Labrador AFC vs Redland AFC

Mt Gravatt AFC vs Suncoast Lions

Southport AFC vs Zillmere Eagles AFC

Morningside AFC vs Broadbeach AFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips

Labrador (improvers)
Southport
Mt Gravatt
Broadbeach

Morphous-2/4
Chasingthe dream-3/4
Benda-4/4
anyone else care to join in? and we can start a tipping comp. We could start a new thread. Just do your tips before kickoff on saturdays,- and everyone starts fresh next week.

Awesome news for Qld footy with Labrador, the standard whipping boys of the AFLQ for a while now have upset Zillmere, last years runners up by 7 points.

Seems they fell over the line as Zillmere kicked 4 goals to none in the last quarter.

As far as I am concerned, a great result for the local competition.

Awesome news for Qld footy with Labrador, the standard whipping boys of the AFLQ for a while now have upset Zillmere, last years runners up by 7 points.

Seems they fell over the line as Zillmere kicked 4 goals to none in the last quarter.

As far as I am concerned, a great result for the local competition.

Who have they recruited to be going so well?? Is Aaron Shattock playing good footy??

Get on board Labrador!!!!!

I can not remember a time where the Tigers have beaten Broadbeach in a regular season match for quiet some time.

Labrador 12.12.84 def Broadbeach 8.10.58

Southport and Mt Gravatt remained undefeated and set up a huge round 5 match next Saturday by thrashing Redlands and Zillmere respectively.

Further good news was that Darryl White was named amongst the Mounties best this week.

Redlands didn't exactly get thrashed, most were expecting a lot bigger scoreline but Redland's played well.

Only saw the last qtr and a half, Thought the game was of a poor standard for this comp, would of been 15 marks dropped by players in the clear or who had the sit and got two hands to the ball and spilt it.

Southport looked small, having said that I didnt see the in the first half and thats when the damage was done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Velocity Sports Cup - AFLQ Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back