Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost enough of us to field a full side !
I like the cut of your jib.

I've always wondered how a members game would go down, You wouldn't think that something like this would have been done before.

Queensland members vs the Rest - It could be a thing.

I'd play either up front or down the back, I don't often have to run anymore than 50 yards in one go. ;)

I've always wondered how a members game would go down, You wouldn't think that something like this would have been done before.

I'd play either up front or down the back, I don't often have to run anymore than 50 yards in one go. ;)

Off topic, but perhaps a bigfooty suns vs bigfooty lions game :D

The REAL sunshine stoush!!

For instance, this would be the place to vent that Vossy was a bit of a **** for bringing us into this whole NAB Cup GF thing.

D

What did I miss?

We would do well for the first two quarters and then have our usual third quarter fade out after half the team falls asleep listening to The Brown Dogs boring didactic rhetoric

I'd fly up for it - if someone else shouted the first round!

I'd fly up for it - if someone else shouted the first round!
I think we can handle that.

NOW, We're on to something.

We just need to fly that guy from Boston over as a ringer, Does anyone on the board play Footy on a regular basis?

I'll hold you to that Big Red! Love the name change btw haha.
We'd have to get Sunny_ over surely!?

I coach, played last season.
Yeah, Slogger was a bit 2005ish and goes with the whole RT could be my stunt double thing.

Without a doubt, Mod of each forum would have to be captain.

I realise this is supposed to be a rant thread but I have nothing to rant about other why this wasn't an idea sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing to vent about.....BUT...

....i just heard we are committed to winning a flag by 2015...ARE THEY SERIOUS!!!???? talk about pressure!!!!!

those boys and coach dont need that shit.

nothing to vent about.....BUT...

....i just heard we are committed to winning a flag by 2015...ARE THEY SERIOUS!!!???? talk about pressure!!!!!

those boys and coach dont need that shit.

Haha where have you been the last 4 months?

Agree to an extent and not sure how it will end but I like that the club has a clear goal and vision.

let those boys run free. they are free spirits at this age and haven't yet the maturity for tight structure. young players need space and freedom to develop their own personal style. im sure the coach realizes this.

if you want the best from youthful exuberance, let them play a entrepreneurial, individual style of footy. if the coach can provide a strategic gel, you will get an amazing free flowing style of footy, very hard to defend against.

hell, but what do i know. im just an old RL player...

For instance, this would be the place to vent that Vossy was a bit of a **** for bringing us into this whole NAB Cup GF thing.
This is a dumb thread. :p
Ok, I'm not very good at this venting business.

As for Vossy's rant, I think he was quite entitled to mention the Suns. I think he's right that the NAB GF would have been on the Gold Coast had the Suns made it. Of course it helps that our home ground was available, whereas Brisbane's wasn't. It MAY also have helped that Brisbane had specifically asked for a NAB Cup game in Victoria as compensation for the Lions' Fitzroy fans, because the AFL had reneged on the 1996 merger agreement, when they promised the Lions at least 6 games per year in Melbourne. In fact, by playing the game in Melbourne, the Lions were given another chance to win back Fitzroy supporters who felt disenfranchised by the club's alteration to the Lion on their jumper a few years ago. It may not have suited them as well as a game in Sth East Qld, but they did still have an opportunity to gain from it.

I agree with Demetriou that Brisbane & Carlton would have struggled to attract a crowd at Metricon, however they could have increased that crowd by scheduling the Suns v Melbourne practice match as a curtain-raiser. All in all, I think Vossy's rant was warranted.

Would love to know where Leigh Osborne has been the whole NAB cup? Was keen to get a glimpse?

If Joel Wilkinson is selected in our best 22 I think the AFL has sufficient evidence of tanking...

Why's that? I very much doubt the club would expend it's modest resources tied up into a player they see as not having a future with the club at this juncture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back