Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1475312

En route to Bendigo to represent the Sunshine Coast at the 2022 Australasian Lasertag Championships.

The first sanctioned tournament since pre-pandemic (so 890+ days give or take)

I'll be popping in and out for the new two weeks while I compete so I expect everyone to behavor for SUNS while I'm gone

Comp play starts on the 18th,We'll be streaming on twitch so throw up a link kna couple days if anyone's curious.

Cheers šŸ¤™
Get out of my town šŸ˜›

Yep......:cool: nearly 6pm just got home from a walk and it's still 31C. Min. tonight supposed to drop to 26C.....;)

Time for a shower and a beer or three...:)
Hopefully one day I can buy you one or three of those beers mate

Beautiful weather mate, hopefully it will get to 15 tomorrow šŸ˜›
Haha thanks mate, it's actually not too bad during the day it's just when that Sun goes down it gets proper Arctic.
It never gets to 15C here.......doesn't drop below 20C......32C right now:)
See even that's a bit much.

When we played in Darwin it was a stuggle for alot of us because the humidity was so prevelent šŸ˜…

Interesting McGuire said on footy classified last night when Collingwood signed mick Malthouse as coach a sponsor gave him a car which paid for him for a couple of years

After Dayne Zorkoā€™s latest embarrassment in a long line of indiscretions, Iā€™m actually starting to think that us passing on him all those years ago was a genius move!

Last edited:
How to advertise our great game to overseas viewers.....NOT!

All thru this season, I've been able to watch the VFL games thru the AFL website, and that has been an added bonus.

So really looking forward to the Suns v Box Hiil tomorrow.

As a prelude, thought I'd watch the Swans v Casey game today......nup, can't do..

All I got was "this video is not available in your location"

Well done AFL......you've just kicked another goal :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm back from Bendigo.

My 7th attempt at the Australasian Lasertag Championships has resulted in my best-ever team finish of 6th place in a 24-team field (Up from a previous best of 11th in 2020 and 12th twice before that). Not bad for what people were calling a "development team" in the lead-up to the competition.

I managed a Personal Best finish in Doubles (14th out of 62 pairs) and also managed to go into the Triples Double Elim bracket as the #1 seed but the style of gameplay shifted away from what had gotten us a perfect record through the pool games and we ended up finishing 9th.

But a Top 10 finish in the team's event was my goal for this year and we managed to go into the Finals Series with it already locked away so I'm over the moon with how the last fortnight panned out for me.

Off to Hobart in early August next year to do it all over again, We vote for the host location two years in advance so I was thrilled to find out that we'll be heading to Auckland for the 2024 edition (After many years of my trying to get it voted in)

Thanks to everyone for not burning down the place (As much as a particular demographic of posters tried) and not giving SUNS any more of a hard time than you normally would. Might need to invest in a laptop for next year though if we're gonna be in the Finals race come late season :tearsofjoy:

I'm back from Bendigo.

My 7th attempt at the Australasian Lasertag Championships has resulted in my best-ever team finish of 6th place in a 24-team field (Up from a previous best of 11th in 2020 and 12th twice before that). Not bad for what people were calling a "development team" in the lead-up to the competition.

I managed a Personal Best finish in Doubles (14th out of 62 pairs) and also managed to go into the Triples Double Elim bracket as the #1 seed but the style of gameplay shifted away from what had gotten us a perfect record through the pool games and we ended up finishing 9th.

But a Top 10 finish in the team's event was my goal for this year and we managed to go into the Finals Series with it already locked away so I'm over the moon with how the last fortnight panned out for me.

Off to Hobart in early August next year to do it all over again, We vote for the host location two years in advance so I was thrilled to find out that we'll be heading to Auckland for the 2024 edition (After many years of my trying to get it voted in)

Thanks to everyone for not burning down the place (As much as a particular demographic of posters tried) and not giving SUNS any more of a hard time than you normally would. Might need to invest in a laptop for next year though if we're gonna be in the Finals race come late season :tearsofjoy:
Well done mate šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

I'm back from Bendigo.

Well done mate
When the Alien Doomsday Invasion Fleet arrives we'll know who to call!

I'm back from Bendigo.

Where do I sign my 6 yr old up

Where do I sign my 6 yr old up
You joke but the winner of the Juniors event this year from my team is 15 and started up here when he was a wee munchkin.

The Victorian scene is a bit thin at the current moment, Only sending one team each from Werribee/Melbourne and Bendigo. (Finished 8th and 11th respectively)

Hopefully by the time your youngster gets towards 12-13 there'll be junior leagues in Victoria like there are in QLD and a couple other states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back