Resource VFA/VFL Jumpers [image heavy thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Added a new Sydney jumper page

SqIgsRz.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1878 to 1896.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1878 to 1896 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

qVLhfN6.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1897 to 1949.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1897 to 1949 with the jumper they were most known to wear.

meAZb78.jpg

Also added a new Hawthorn jumper page.

fY8Knlw.jpg

The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1897 to 1949 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

LcnLHzm.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1950 to 1986.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1950 to 1986 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

jsF38BA.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1878 to 1896.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1878 to 1896 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

KaTRx8B.jpg

The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1897 to 1949 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

mCGE9NG.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1950 to 1986.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1950 to 1986 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

GbzLKw3.jpg

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1987 to 1995.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1987 to 1995 with the jumper they wore in their first season.

ctgArC0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added a new Section leading page for Seasons 1996 to today.
The page includes pictures of all the clubs that joined the VFA during seasons 1996 to today with the jumper they wore in their first season.

8a9NBZN.jpg

hey wizardwaffle

you are missing the box hill clash jumper worn between 2004-2010

front:
1719304817826.png

back:
1719304796736.png

also the 2010-12 hawks jumper should be paired with brown shorts as opposed to the white ones you have depicted
1719305171621.png

you are also missing this richmond clash jumper worn in 2017 (back is plain black with yellow numbers with white outline)
1719305184528.png

as well as this richmond one worn in 2022 - the design in this one is a bit more intricate so i'll leave you the link so you can get more angles https://www.gettyimages.com.au/search/2/image?editorialproducts=sport&family=editorial&phrase=richmond vfl&sort=best&events=775810731
1719305264192.png

your also missing the frankston jumper worn in this video below (unsure exactly when they started and stopped wearing this as this is all i can find of it):

there are also a lot of one-off jumpers that i've found but i'm unsure if those are being included in your images. if they are let me know and i'll send them through.

Not to nit-pick because of this being a VFL-orientated thing, not going to include their other 20 flags in the count?
There would be plenty of other clubs with lots of other premierships won in other competitions that have competed in the VFA/L. But where do you start. Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon have won 16 V/AFL Premierships, do I include them. Traralgon and North Ballarat won plenty of premierships in their local competitions, do I include them.

I decided to include only premierships won in the VFA/L with some others included, like those won by clubs in the NEAFL as it was a similar league to the VFA/L. However, those won by Southport in the QAFL would not be included as the QAFL is not like the VFA/L. These will not be forever reference when those clubs win VFL premierships.

hey wizardwaffle

you are missing the box hill clash jumper worn between 2004-2010

front:
View attachment 2030069

back:
View attachment 2030068

also the 2010-12 hawks jumper should be paired with brown shorts as opposed to the white ones you have depicted
View attachment 2030078

you are also missing this richmond clash jumper worn in 2017 (back is plain black with yellow numbers with white outline)
View attachment 2030080

as well as this richmond one worn in 2022 - the design in this one is a bit more intricate so i'll leave you the link so you can get more angles https://www.gettyimages.com.au/search/2/image?editorialproducts=sport&family=editorial&phrase=richmond vfl&sort=best&events=775810731
View attachment 2030083

your also missing the frankston jumper worn in this video below (unsure exactly when they started and stopped wearing this as this is all i can find of it):

there are also a lot of one-off jumpers that i've found but i'm unsure if those are being included in your images. if they are let me know and i'll send them through.

I didn't include the 1st Box Hill jumper as I have been told it was only worn a couple of times. As you can see by the Box Hill Jumper picture it is nearly full, and I can't keep adding each indiginous or clash jumper which is worn a couple of times.

The second Box Hill jumper was worn as a clash jumper, and was worn when teams jumpers clashed. The match shown would have been a Collingwood home game, but the VFL would have said Collingwood would wear white shorts because of the white jumper so Box Hill wore the brown shorts. But as a clash jumper it would be worn with white shorts more, and would make most sense to be with white shorts.

The Richmond VFL jumpers are hard to keep track of. The black with yellow sash is not worn in the VFL as you have to appear in the AFL to wear one. They wear the AFL clash jumper as their home jumper and another jumper, usually black as the clash jumper.

The Frankston jumper was one that I was told had the normal Frankston logo on the front, not a black dolphin. I will need to know if it was worn more than once.

There would be plenty of other clubs with lots of other premierships won in other competitions that have competed in the VFA/L. But where do you start. Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon have won 16 V/AFL Premierships, do I include them. Traralgon and North Ballarat won plenty of premierships in their local competitions, do I include them.

I decided to include only premierships won in the VFA/L with some others included, like those won by clubs in the NEAFL as it was a similar league to the VFA/L. However, those won by Southport in the QAFL would not be included as the QAFL is not like the VFA/L. These will not be forever reference when those clubs win VFL premierships.
On the same token neither was the NEAFL, which was at the time a merger of the QAFL & the AFL Canberra leagues, but that lone flag is there regardless. Like I said, I'm not trying to nit pick. I do realise you can't fit everything.

On the same token neither was the NEAFL, which was at the time a merger of the QAFL & the AFL Canberra leagues, but that lone flag is there regardless. Like I said, I'm not trying to nit pick. I do realise you can't fit everything.
The image behind the Southport jumpers is of the club receiving their 2018 NEAFL Premiership Cup. It was another reason why I included it on the details.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource VFA/VFL Jumpers [image heavy thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back