VFL: Northern Bullants v Box Hill - Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill: 06.06.42

Bullants: 03.02.20

+ 22

Dowler is playing the wing.

Most of the players you listed TAC are injured.

Lewis will be the 23rd man and Tuck was selected in the seniors.

We always keep 1 player back for the just in case.

Interesting to see Suckling doing the kick out for the hawks.

Clarke and Dowler have really dropped away in the second quarter. About 4 touches between them.

Stokes takes mark directly in front 35 out and miskicks - doesn't make distance. But Tim Clarke gets a free 5 metres out on 50 degree angle, and puts it through. (so much for my other comments above!)

Yeah, Walsh has looked good too. Am a little surprised he's playing side by side on the opposite ruckman in the contests. I've heard that his biggest strength is his leap. Not sure why he isn't using it more.

Bullants just scored their second...

Brillian Clarkey...sucked in the ump
BH 7-6-48
NB 3-2-20

Suckling is gone at the end of season :thumbsdown:

Tim Clarke you champ :thumbsu: Stokes had a shot from 35 right in front but the breeze killed it. Dropped in the goal square, Clarke grabbed the ball, he was grabbed by the big ruckman Jacobs and spun around and Clarke took hold of the big mans arms and kept them tight to him as the ruckman spun him around...obvious free kick but in reality could have been dropped ball against Clarke.

Box Hill 07.06.48

Bullants: 03.03.21

+ 27

Half time

Box Hill: 07.06.48

Bullants: 05.10.40

+ 8

Breeze is a major factor and the Bullants tried hard, especially the last 15 minutes but after kicking 2 goals in 2 minutes the bullants ended up kicking point after point.

Dowler and Smithwick have kicked goals. Both good goals.

Box Hill 10.11.71

Bulls: 06.10.46

+ 25

About to start raining.

Thats it for me. Im off to work (Da Dome :D ) and see the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great games by Dowler and Dawson.

All you slag merchants can look elsewhere for someone else to belch your filth upon. :)

lol thats asking a bit much isnt it ? ;)

am so happy they both played well from all reports... I really want both of them to make it because I truly believe we will be a better side if they can

Just got home from the game. It was bloody cold and windy but was worth the trip to see the hawks have a good win. The hawks were always first to the footy and I was impressed with their tackling and smothering.

Dowler - Enjoys the freedom of playing on the wing and I think it's good coaching decision putting him there. His first 3 possesions were clangers but he improved and had a good game. I wouldn't say he's banging on the door for senior selection but it's good to finally see some improvement and consistancy in his game. I was really annoyed with him in the first quarter when I felt he pulled out of a marking contest. He knew he did the wrong think and swore!

Dawson - The best game I've seen him play. He did nothing wrong all day and played all over the ground. He threw himself into contests, defended well and got into good positions. In the second half he played in the ruck and also went forward and ended up kicking 3 goals.

Clarke and Stokes - Both had great games. At the huddles they got the midfielders together and issued instructions and were very encouraging.

Lewis did not play and wasn't at the ground so it's highly likely that he'll be playing tonight.

I went into the rooms and sang the song with the boys. Gotta love VFL footy!

A gutsy effort. HFC & BHH had 22 players not available today.

I like Walsh. This is what I want from a rookie. Just show me glimpses.

I like Stokes. This is what I want from a rookie. Has a great ticker. Cant wait to see what he looks like when he gets fit.

I like Suckers. Dunno if he is worth a third round pick but he has beautiful poise.

Even Grimey looked good today.

Great win from the boys! Certainly made the journey worth it. Arthur in fine voice behind the goals again cheering the boys on. The fellas played bravely, special credit to Dowler, Dawson, Clarke who constantly get bagged but did really well. Smithwick again showed signs, Stokes was at it and Walsh coming along in the ruck.

Tough conditions out there today and the boys gutsed it out in that last qtr to conceed only 1 goal in what was a 5gl+ gale. Great to be in the rooms singing the song and seein the gusto it was sung with. Good stuff fellas!

Suckers third round pick?

He is a rookie listed player.

It is his second year as a rookie. We could upgrade him and then we still have to use three picks in the draft. Unless we trade we will have to take a pick around 47ish.

If Suckers could get the tank for AFL he would be well worth a look.

I have no doubt we need Marko. A back man prepared to make body contact and attack. We are screaming out for this type.

It is his second year as a rookie. We could upgrade him and then we still have to use three picks in the draft. Unless we trade we will have to take a pick around 47ish.

If Suckers could get the tank for AFL he would be well worth a look.

I have no doubt we need Marko. A back man prepared to make body contact and attack. We are screaming out for this type.

He was excellent. Very clean with his hands off the deck which was impressive for his size. Seems cool under pressure. Do you have any queries with his pace?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL: Northern Bullants v Box Hill - Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back