Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast & Discussion (Werribee away next week)

Best on Ground vs Casey Demons

• Anthony Miles

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Nathan Drummond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Conner Menadue

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

• Shai Bolton

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Tyson Stengle

• Callum Moore

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Oleg Markov

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Corey Ellis

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Callum Coleman-Jones

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Benjamin Miller

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First VFL game and really enjoyed it. Took the young fella and he then went onto to meet some mates and watch the Victory... didn't he have a good day.
Impressed by all our big blokes, all young and a bit raw but can play.
Baker, Bolton and Stengle a real menace to Casey all day.
Menadue and Markov are a couple of real footballers waiting in the wings, serious speed.

While sitting in the Jack Dyer stand I tried to imagine what it looked like with over 46,000 there against Carlton in 1949! :eek:
upload_2018-4-23_10-53-8.jpeg

Regardless of whether it was a good head or dumb luck he did the important part which is clunk the marks and kick the goals straight. I don’t care whether he works it out or gets lucky every game if he can snag a couple and clunk a few!

If the VFL/AFL life and times of one Liam McBean has taught me something it is tempered enthusiasm on one so young and inexperienced.

First VFL game and really enjoyed it. Took the young fella and he then went onto to meet some mates and watch the Victory... didn't he have a good day.
Menadue and Markov are a couple of real footballers waiting in the wings, serious speed.

While sitting in the Jack Dyer stand I tried to imagine what it looked like with over 46,000 there against Carlton in 1949! :eek:
View attachment 486948

I was sitting next to a mate of mine who is the nephew of Bill Durham,Bill is a 74 year member,wowee!

He told me the goal posts ran the opposite way to what they are now but most of you Tigerheads probably know that.

Would love a stand over the opposite side that could be built over the road,a 5k stand that could be expanded on,would give the ground a great atmosphere,was fantastic seeing the Jack Dyer stand 90 percent full yesterday,could only imagine what it was like with 36k there in the 50s.

View attachment 486948
How awesome would it be to go back in time and witness that
Wow the atmosphere would have been ELECTRIC

No one was as disappointed as me with Ellis’ performance.

Consistency. Needs to be consistently in the top three when it comes to disposals and should always be aiming for 25 plus.
Is it only me or did he spend large periods of the game on the pine. Was certainly not in the middle for all of the last half, with Grewer playing in his spot.
I won't go to early, unlike some, until I see his time on ground, but would be very surprised if it was over 50%, hense I thought they were saving him for AFL.

Is it only me or did he spend large periods of the game on the pine. Was certainly not in the middle for all of the last half, with Grewer playing in his spot.
I won't go to early, unlike some, until I see his time on ground, but would be very surprised if it was over 50%, hense I thought they were saving him for AFL.
Glad you bought this up. Can we confirm this becuase if his tog was only 50% instead of 75% or thereabouts then his 17 disposals is more like 25 plus healthy tackle numbers. Would he be classed as mia if this is the case?

with towno now in the seniors miles might have a chance at the liston

but it will be a very very desperate afl club that pick him up in the unlikely event he ever gets a chance again

will be playing in the o&m next year

so sad :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 486948
What’s your take on Baker - purely a small forward or capable of playing mid. I know he’s short but has a solid build a bit like Boomer Harvey and his numbers look really good

What’s your take on Baker - purely a small forward or capable of playing mid. I know he’s short but has a solid build a bit like Boomer Harvey and his numbers look really good
Small sample size, Charlie.
He IS short but looked quick and very aggressive.
Has probably Rioli, Castagna, Butler, Stengle & Bolton to contend with.

Small sample size, Charlie.
He IS short but looked quick and very aggressive.
Has probably Rioli, Castagna, Butler, Stengle & Bolton to contend with.
His aggression stood out the couple of times I’ve seen him live. Lays tackles, cracks in and has a rhg and is yappy. But like a Jack Russell

View attachment 486948

I can see Ancient Tiger in that photo.

Considering we've had Vlastuin and Caddy pull out today, you'd think the club might have held down a few players playing time.

Back