Carn the Borough!
Dec 17, 2003
www.vflfooty.com
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Footscray
B: D. Biagi S. Pollard A. Biddlecombe
(Casey Scorpions) (Frankston) (Sandringham)

HB: D. Harford J. Crow J. Doering
(Northern Bullants) (Northern Bullants) (Bendigo Bombers)

C: D. Gallagher J. Byrne (Capt.) K. Matthews
(Sandringham) (Geelong) (Casey Scorpions)

HF: T. Hazell D. Morrell B. Geappen
(Port Melbourne) (Northern Bullants) (Tasmania)

F: J. Podsiadly A. Edwards S. Hassan
(Werribee) (Frankston) (Werribee)

R: W. Carlyle Br. Johnson J. Allan
(Port Melbourne) (Williamstown) (Werribee)

INT: J. King N. Winterton
(Coburg Tigers) (Frankston)

S. Greene M. Sharkey
(Williamstown) (North Ballarat)

From a Port Melbourne perspective, it was great to see Warren Carlyle be picked as the Ruckman, after a terrific season where 'Woz' rucked with limited support.

I think 'Hot Dogs' Hazell had a better second half of the season.

I was a little surprised to see Salim Hassan selected in this years side, I was under the impression his season had been much quieter than in 2005. Would someone from the Tigers comment?

From a Frankston perspective i was happy to see the three fellas to get a game, Edwards had a superb year and maybe afl is back on the cards for him. All three had terrific seasons, well done.

-mav

bush_tucker77 said:
to be on the vfl team of the year do u have to be a vfl listed player?

Yeha i think so.

Good to see Aaron Edwards have such a top season this year, & really hope that he can get drafted next season.

He would really give a side like the Doggies or the Kangas a good alternative option up forward and is still young as well

Thought Spider Moloney mighta snuck onto the bench. Roosters B & F winner in 2004, takes 2005 off to work & travel overseas - gets awarded the captaincy and has had a pretty consistent season as if he hadn't been outa the game.

was Brad Lloyd stiff not to make it from Williamstown. Only two players in the side and they are in the prelim this week. The collingwood players dont help them that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Team of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back