Vic Harness Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

carltonblue

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Carlton
Meeting are at Moonee Valley unless otherwise stated.
First meeting is this Saturday.
Pretty long competition so one bad week/one great week won’t matter so much. Should you miss a meeting I will give you lowest score.

Sat Nov 17: MHRC Classic (Open Class Race) and the 3 Heats of the Spring Championship for M0 horses.

Sat Nov 24: M1+, Spring Championship Final and Chris Howe Trotters Cup.

Sat Dec 1 (Cranbourne): Cranbourne Cup, Cranbourne Trotters Cup.

Sat Dec 8: Popular Alm FFA, Aust Trot Grand Prix (say double points).

Sat Dec 15: Vic Cup (double points), Vic Cup Consolation, Bill Collins Trotters Mile (double points) and MHRC 3yo Cup.

Sat Dec 22: Golden Reign, Vic Sires Classic 3yos, Trotters Handicap.

Sat Dec 29 (Bendigo): Bendigo Cup, Bendigo Trotters Cup.

Sun Jan 6 (Horsham): Horsham Cup, Horsham Trotters Cup.

Sat Jan 12 (Shepparton): Shepparton Cup, Trotters Cup, The Lombo 2yoC&G, The Lombo 2yoFillies.

Sat Jan 19: MV Cup, Angelique Cup (Open class mares), Knight Pistol Trotters Cup.

Sat Jan 26 (Ballarat): Ballarat Cup (double points), Pure Steel, 3yoFillies Gold Chalice, VL Dullard Trotters Cup Heats .

Sun Feb 3: Entire Meeting! Double points for Hunter Cup, V L Dullard Cup Final.

The Vic Derby should be in here somewhere, couldn't find it But make that double points and also include the heats as races where we tip!

END OF COMPETITION

I will post when race meetings come out each week.
First meeting is out www.harness.org.au will help you find the fields. Races 2,3,7 and 8!

Here is the pointscore system that we came up with at the end.
$1EW Fantasy bet
$2EW for double points races.
Scratching puts you on favourite.

Also for the last meeting Sun Feb 3 I would just like to get thoughts about the entire meeting being $2EW and then the Hunter Cup and V L Dullard Cup $3EW.

Iv’e made all the Grand Curcuit $2EW should I miss one etc we shall add that. Also I know a lot of people don’t like the trotters so thoughts on double points for that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Good Luck everyone.

I will kick things off

Race 2 #5 Yes I Can (probably be $1.60 but take the safe option)
Race 3 #3 Gary Bromac (has a rough hope of knocking off Whipair IMO)
Race 7 #10 Sting Lika Bee
Race 8 #5 No More Trouble

Actually think Whipair will win but couldn't pick every fav :)

Off Topic: Do you guys know when QLD harness will be back on?

Seriously, its the only place i really care about. I miss it so much. :(

• Banned
thanks Footyman - it said that everywhere i looked bar the race programming where they didnt have it anywhere, although they must of put it on very recently as I just checked it now and its there

Ok,as this is an E/W comp Ill go for value

R2 H6 Spot The Ace....still looking for a run from last start
R3 H6 Hei Princelier......running for the place $$$ here
R7 H10 Sting Lika Bee
R8 H8 Good Bye.....Up in class but unlucky at Geel Wed.

seth

race 2 number6 spot the ace . race 3 number 1 dark shadow. race 7 number7 penny veejay . and finally race8 number 4 zerafoss. looking for a bit of value in each race. good luck with the comp.

Good idea carltonblue,

R2 No.2 Deltas Dream..............Like her run at Geelong mid-week

R3 No.1 Dark Shadow From the pole can hopefully beat the odds on fav Whipair which is meant to be a champion horse.

R7 No.7 Penny Veejay to beat "STINGER", Penny broke the track record last week so should be up to this and at least get a place.

R8 No.1 Walberon to win the last in great fashion, leading all the way.

Does anyone know as to why Jagged Knight in race 4 is at such long odds? Is currently $23.90, I cant work that out considering it beat Captain Kalahari during the year and also won a trial leading all the way and is drawn to lead from 2???????

I realise Smoken up is the real deal but Jagged knight is way overs at anything $10 or up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R2 H6 Spot The Ace....still looking for a run from last start... 5th
R3 H6 Hei Princelier......running for the place $$$ here.. 2nd btn a lip at $25
R7 H10 Sting Lika Bee....1st
R8 H8 Good Bye.....Up in class but unlucky at Geel Wed......4th

not too bad

seth

Good idea carltonblue,

R2 No.2 Deltas Dream..............Like her run at Geelong mid-week - 3rd paid 1.70

R3 No.1 Dark Shadow From the pole can hopefully beat the odds on fav Whipair which is meant to be a champion horse. - 1st paid 7.30 and 1.50

R7 No.7 Penny Veejay to beat "STINGER", Penny broke the track record last week so should be up to this and at least get a place. - 2nd paid 1.30

R8 No.1 Walberon to win the last in great fashion, leading all the way. 3rd paid 1.20

Total for 1EW = $13

Get in early for week 2, have a shocking habit of forgetting to enter things like this until its too late.

Congrats to everybody who tipped very well last week, especially with Dark Shadow

R6#5 Courtygaz (safe ew bet is probably #1 but just can't see him winning)
R5#1 Mental Power (I don't bet in trot races but reckon he might lead early and hand up when the fav comes round and be a chance a running a hole at decent odds)
R7#3 Zerrafoss (not much gate speed off the front here and looks certain to be first to the pegs and then Gav can decide if he hands up or who he hands up to)

Week 2 Selections.

Race 5 No. 12 - Acacia Ridge first start back from a spell, should pick up these even off 20m over 2575m.

Race 6 No. 1 - Bold Cruiser, should be able to lead and hopefully hold these out.

Race 7 No. 5 - Dark Shadow, should continue his winning ways finding a nice sit early and getting over the top of these.

R5 H9 No Early Spark...terrific 1st up,e/w at the odds
R6 H8 Jadah Rose......because you know what youre gunna get
R7 H10 Whipair.......last week was a heat

seth

last week

R2 H9 Alamode.......unplaced
R3 H5 Hei Princelier.......2nd $2.60
R7 H10 Sting Lika Bee.......1st $2.20 $1.10
R8 H8 Walberon........3rd $1.20

Total $7.10

Week 2 Selections.

R5 H12 Acacia Ridge
R6 H6 Manwarra Goforgold
R7 H6 Hei Princelier

Get in early for week 2, have a shocking habit of forgetting to enter things like this until its too late.

Congrats to everybody who tipped very well last week, especially with Dark Shadow

R6#5 Courtygaz (safe ew bet is probably #1 but just can't see him winning)
R5#1 Mental Power (I don't bet in trot races but reckon he might lead early and hand up when the fav comes round and be a chance a running a hole at decent odds)
R7#3 Zerrafoss (not much gate speed off the front here and looks certain to be first to the pegs and then Gav can decide if he hands up or who he hands up to)

I will take Bold Cruiser with Courtygaz being scratched

rce 7 walberon . good luck

Well Done. $55 on top. I tipped it last week it had every chance struggled into 3rd.

What about the comp's effort.

5 tipsters tipped and between us we got the first 4.

look at the tri and F4 divs. :thumbsu:

7MOONEE VALLEY11-WALBERON 55.40 8.30 Qin 11 - 5 335.00 All Paying
at 22:06scr - 12Sub = 4, YES I CAN 5-DARK SHADOW 7.90 Exa 11 - 5 564.60 6-HEI PRINCELIER 5.10 Due 11 - 5 84.70 3-ZERRAFOSS Due 11 - 6 127.10 Due 5 - 6 84.70 Tri 11 - 5 - 6 12659.40 Ffr 11 - 5 - 6 - 3 12721.60
Jackpot: $5,838.02

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Harness Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back