Vic State Screening

Remove this Banner Ad

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone want to take a punt at who will be the stand out performers on Saturday?

Also does someone know if Paul Colbert, Paul Currie, Nick Lynch and Andre Gianfagna are going to screening? I read an article that said they were, they weren't on the list I got initially.

footyman said:
Anyone want to take a punt at who will be the stand out performers on Saturday?

Also does someone know if Paul Colbert, Paul Currie, Nick Lynch and Andre Gianfagna are going to screening? I read an article that said they were, they weren't on the list I got initially.

I know for a fact they all are, and have been training up for it. Players going to state screening are: Paul Colbert, Paul Currie, Nick Lynch, John Anthony and Andre Gianfagna. Players from the knights at the draft camp are: Ben McKinely and Ryan Jackson. Others in interest: Include Bronik Davies, and Cathal Corr who both had private screenings at Collingwood only involving a sprint test and beep, followed by introductions to the coach and captain etc.

So i guess from this, due to the knights late surge and successful year many of the players stood out to a number of selectors. Hope that helps.

a few of the sandy boys should do ok. plymin is quite fit and powerful, and buckley is an allround good athlete, expect to see him up there in most categories.

bigbazz05 said:
I know for a fact they all are, and have been training up for it. Players going to state screening are: Paul Colbert, Paul Currie, Nick Lynch, John Anthony and Andre Gianfagna. Players from the knights at the draft camp are: Ben McKinely and Ryan Jackson. Others in interest: Include Bronik Davies, and Cathal Corr who both had private screenings at Collingwood only involving a sprint test and beep, followed by introductions to the coach and captain etc.

So i guess from this, due to the knights late surge and successful year many of the players stood out to a number of selectors. Hope that helps.
Thanks for that, great to hear those blokes are being looked at. Was a little surprised the original list only had Anthony going to screening. They deserve a few more than that.

I reckon Nick Lynch is a good story, the whole cricketing thing but then he's kicked 46 goals this year given McKinley was also a dominant forward in the side and has played some terrific games up forward.

I've liked what Currie has done at both ends of the ground in games.

Colbert's marking is great and aside from what he did at Northern I'm sure his APS/AGS game would be remembered as well. Pity his older brother didnt make it at the Dogs cos hes a good bloke but hopefully Paul gets a chance.

There will be a few people happy to know Davies and Corr have gotten some interest as well.

GOALden Hawk said:
What time do they start?
I'm sure you will be able to sit behind some glass somewhere ;)

But in case people here are thinking of going, I'm not sure what sort of set up they have or whether people can just rock up and watch, might be worth trying to find out if you are intending to do that.

I'll be wasting my money out at Flemington anyway ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gianfagna had a 14.10 Beep pure gun....
Currie 13.13 not to bad for a bloke who is 6 foot 4 and didnt get much of a pre season due to injuries..

Sam Wormald from the Falcons ran a 14.13 in the beep, not a bad effort at all. Was the second highest at his screening, cant remember who got the highest.

mintonconnell said:
Sam Wormald from the Falcons ran a 14.13 in the beep, not a bad effort at all. Was the second highest at his screening, cant remember who got the highest.

Clint Bartram?

mintonconnell said:

Was Nicholls from Dandenong. Or so I have been told.
Great effort after the GF last weekend.

bomberbluey said:
Is there any way of accessing the screening results? How did the sandy guys go?
afetr speaking o a few boys, heard that mcguiness ran a 11.1, buckley a 12.11 and plymin a 12.11. for the 20m, plymin and mcguiness got abot 3.1-3.2 and buckley got a 2.9. the vertical had mcguiness at about 50, plymin 60 and buckley 65ish. cant remember the other tests. i konw matt thomas did well at the endurance stuff for the draft camp, which was expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic State Screening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back