Metro additions from the 35:

Daniel Hayes
Brad Kelleher
Alex Lee
James Wall
Brad Horaczko
Josh Riddle
Nathan Lyons

Good bunch of additions who have been in form. Interestingly four of them are talls who are suited up forward.

Based on this list, Metro will have to cut 10 to get to the 30 player squad, then name 5 emergencies.

I haven't got a Vic Country list handy to compare their squad to the last one who went around in their training session and half game.

footyman said:
http://taccup.footballvictoria.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=95305

Metro additions from the 35:

Daniel Hayes
Brad Kelleher
Alex Lee
James Wall
Brad Horaczko
Josh Riddle
Nathan Lyons

Good bunch of additions who have been in form. Interestingly four of them are talls who are suited up forward.

Based on this list, Metro will have to cut 10 to get to the 30 player squad, then name 5 emergencies.

I haven't got a Vic Country list handy to compare their squad to the last one who went around in their training session and half game.

Your always on the ball Footyman thanks for that.

Just on the cuts, remember Metro tend to pick some younger blokes to give them a run in this trial match with a view to next year. Hayes from Eastern would be one such example. Of course if they pull one out of the box then they may reconsider.

From the first trial to the second -

Metro
In- Daniel Hayes, Alex Lee, James Wall, Brad Horazko, Josh Riddle

Out- Bronik Davies, Evan Panozza, Aaron Murray, Brad Sutcliffe, Marcus Hottes, Steve Freemantle, Adam Wilson, James Magner, Shane Wright, Scott Lockwood, Ryan Cook, Troy Armstrong, Heath Hocking

Country
In - Brad Collins, James Martinello, Jake Johnson, Tom Dowd, Daniel Feery

Out - Nick Couch, Ben Johnson, Beau Muston, Travis Boak, Mitch Cuthill, Mark McLeod

Dissapointing to see 5 Falcons boys cut. I say Murray play the other day and it's a bit suprising to see him out of the squad and Magner with his hand.

Footymad said:
Just on the cuts, remember Metro tend to pick some younger blokes to give them a run in this trial match with a view to next year. Hayes from Eastern would be one such example. Of course if they pull one out of the box then they may reconsider.
It will be interesting to see what happens there. There are nine 1988's in the list, they generally pick a few in the final squad. In the Metro 30 last year there were four, and the year before there were quite a lot more.

For Alex Lee it has been a remarkable rise, I think he's only had three or four TAC Cup games. But he's very impressive. Say for example a player like Marcus Drum is on him for a quarter and Lee takes four marks and kicks three goals he'd surely have to get in.

Should be a good match.

footyman said:
For Alex Lee it has been a remarkable rise, I think he's only had three or four TAC Cup games. But he's very impressive. Say for example a player like Marcus Drum is on him for a quarter and Lee takes four marks and kicks three goals he'd surely have to get in.

Hopefully this happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Trial Squads Online

Remove this Banner Ad

Back