apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Talk around the traps is that Vickery is being shopped around, especially now that Griffiths has re-signed. sounds like Clark is out of the picture so would we consider. He would likely give the WC ruckman a good smack-down. Please try and keep the conversation civil.
McKernan? Don't rate but would he fill a hole for a while?

Talk around the traps is that Vickery is being shopped around, especially now that Griffiths has re-signed. sounds like Clark is out of the picture so would we consider. He would likely give the WC ruckman a good smack-down. Please try and keep the conversation civil.

No to Vickery. Talented but a selfish footballer.

McKernan maybe.

McKernan is a poor man's Zac Clarke. No football nous and less athletic. Zac Clarke will at least be an A grade ruck in a few years.

Not sure about Vickery, I don't think he is enough of an upgrade on either Taberner, Clarke and Apeness to justify the trade and I think they would want our 1st round pick.

McKernan is a poor man's Zac Clarke. No football nous and less athletic. Zac Clarke will at least be an A grade ruck in a few years.

Not sure about Vickery, I don't think he is enough of an upgrade on either Taberner, Clarke and Apeness to justify the trade and I think they would want our 1st round pick.
Yeah not worth a first round pick. Better forward than Clarke and Apeness is not quite ready.

I wonder if Freo will look at Swan Districts Ricky Cary (not sure if you have seen him as a Swans supporter). A couple of clubs must be looking at him because he has been invited to the WA combine.

yeah kid can play

Needs to start eating loaves of bread though and start stacking on some kg's!

yeah kid can play

Needs to start eating loaves of bread though and start stacking on some kg's!
Not a quick fix but is a good grab and really agile for a big bloke. Noticed in the wafl final yesterday he got pushed off the ball by the oppo ruckman early, but then he really stated making sure he wasn't out muscled. Competed hard. Good sign considering our chap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah your'e desperate ,the club isnt.Well not for either of those two spankers anyways
Forward line didn't look too flash on the weekend. Smalls don't seem to get it done during the finals very often. Taberner is still learning, Apeness is a way off. Sydney smothered Pav again when no other tall option made an impact. I don't know Salim, we might be a little bit desperate.Having said that another pre-season and it might be all fixed.

Forward line didn't look too flash on the weekend. Smalls don't seem to get it done during the finals very often. Taberner is still learning, Apeness is a way off. Sydney smothered Pav again when no other tall option made an impact. I don't know Salim, we might be a little bit desperate.Having said that another pre-season and it might be all fixed.

It would be nice to grab a legit halfway decent get but some of the names thrown up are just plain ridiculous .

It would be nice to grab a legit halfway decent get but some of the names thrown up are just plain ridiculous .

haha that's where we are at though... Pretty sure we have tried for every semi decent forward there is/was.

Riewoldt, Cloke, Clarke, Black etc.

Why take second rate just for the sake of it.
No we possibly have a temporary gap to fill. If the options available are better than the current developing options than it may be worth considering. Vickery offers a presence, something we sadly lack in our forward line. Would prefer someone like Clark but he is screwing over one Melbourne club to go to another Melbourne club by the sounds of it. Freo may reckon our two boys will be ready by next season, if so, then no need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery, McKernan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back