Vickery, McKernan?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm amazed no one has suggested Patty Ryder on this board . Western Australian boy who wants out from Essendon and wants to come home .
Now if we are talking trades and like for like as well as draft picks go this guy is a huge improvement on anything you guys have mentioned , discussed and waffled about period .
Pat is AA second ruck tall marking forward and has the ability to play the RTB game plan . Even if he cops an ASADA ban we would love to have him no question .
Salary would be in the $600,000 Bracket and a minimum of a 4 year deal for him would not be overs and the trade could be done with a first round draft pick plus a quality player or 2 , hopefully Colin Sylvia plus Menegola .

I'm amazed no one has suggested Patty Ryder on this board . Western Australian boy who wants out from Essendon and wants to come home .
Now if we are talking trades and like for like as well as draft picks go this guy is a huge improvement on anything you guys have mentioned , discussed and waffled about period .
Pat is AA second ruck tall marking forward and has the ability to play the RTB game plan . Even if he cops an ASADA ban we would love to have him no question .
Salary would be in the $600,000 Bracket and a minimum of a 4 year deal for him would not be overs and the trade could be done with a first round draft pick plus a quality player or 2 , hopefully Colin Sylvia plus Menegola .
He wants to go to Brisbane as far as I've heard.

He wants to go to Brisbane as far as I've heard.
I heard that West Coast are talking to him as well .
With the Cox retirement they have space in the salary cap .
We should be on the phone and talking to him ,which I'm sure the 2 Steve's are doing now .
If Mcpharlin isn't going on we will be able to afford him up to $700,000 if need be .

McKernan and Vickery?

I know we're getting a bit desperate and it's 3am at the club, but that's no excuse to start going after d-grade slappers (in Vickery's case, both literally and metaphorically).

I heard that West Coast are talking to him as well .
With the Cox retirement they have space in the salary cap .
We should be on the phone and talking to him ,which I'm sure the 2 Steve's are doing now .
If Mcpharlin isn't going on we will be able to afford him up to $700,000 if need be .
If it is possible for us to get him then I'm sure we will will try, if they think he will add value. I can think of someones place he could take immediately.

McKernan was delisted for a reason. If we're going to go hard at anyone, it should be either Carlise or Ryder. Highly doubt we'll come close to getting either, but it's worth a shot as they're both players that fit a need.

Am I alone in really liking Vickery? I believe he's been in a shit culture.

I think hes got more going than Tabener as far as natural talent. And makes a solid second when Pav retires. With Tabener slotting in 3rd tall duty.

Though... imagine the Derby game with Vickery being booed every single eagles game because of the cox incident while playing for richmond...

It invites unnecessary stigma. The rivarly should be about hardness of the contests not past dog acts. Yes I'm aware the derbys of yesteryear had some tarnished moments , but, importantly it was ages ago and is a historical aura thing. Not a current stigma.

McKernan was delisted for a reason. If we're going to go hard at anyone, it should be either Carlise or Ryder. Highly doubt we'll come close to getting either, but it's worth a shot as they're both players that fit a need.

yeah....

See....

The thing is....

We would have absolutely no hope of getting Carlisle. Ryder would be handy but he is not going to be that big of an upgrade to our forward line.

I think hes got more going than Tabener as far as natural talent. And makes a solid second when Pav retires. With Tabener slotting in 3rd tall duty.

Though... imagine the Derby game with Vickery being booed every single eagles game because of the cox incident while playing for richmond...

It invites unnecessary stigma. The rivarly should be about hardness of the contests not past dog acts. Yes I'm aware the derbys of yesteryear had some tarnished moments , but, importantly it was ages ago and is a historical aura thing. Not a current stigma.

I'm surprised the hit on cox is even being talked about to be honest. Ballas wacks someone every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seemed to vacillate from want him to not want himo_O

He is disinterested most of the time. If he is "on" he still only kicks a couple of goals with not many possessions. I think he's a crab who is likely to play ok during the year at best and the wheels will fall off during a big final when the chips are down. No thanks.

I know he's under contract, but I'd go hard for Black before Vickery. In three years time we could have Apeness, Taberner and Black as tall targets. If we were to trade, and I'm not actually suggesting this, but Suban and a second rounder might get the deal done. He gives them a bit of speed on the outside and we get a tall that we need.

I'm sorry, but I don't think there is any evidence to suggest that we dodged a bullet picking up Jesse White. He has played enough good games in amongst his poor ones to be a better tall offensive option that anyone on our list bar Pavlich.

Point out the evidence of a better option than Jesse White on our list? We finalised our list last year adding Gumbleton and Apeness and we have a combined total of 7 goals from our tall forwards this year not including Pavlich. Every single option in that list would have provided more goals than our current options.

Wig that group of players would add nothing to our list apart from clogging it up .Better to breed and develop our own.

Am I alone in really liking Vickery?

The Crows thought the same about Tambling, and look at how that turned out.

Sam Grimley is the one that has impressed me, he is the leading goal kickers in the VFL and has improved a lot in the 2nd half of year. Hopefully the crows will trade their 3rd round pick from Griffin, which we can pass on to the Hawks to get Grimley.

The other player I would look at is Shane Kersten, he would be a great 3rd tall and would compliment Apeness and Taberner very well.

Ryder would be handy but he is not going to be that big of an upgrade to our forward line.

He would be a good Fwd\Ruck for the next few years, if he came cheaply it would be a no brainer.

I vacillated from rating him on his own merit to not really wanting him to be crosstown from the weagles.

If he hadn't hit cox thus considered a dog in this town I would want him.

Clearer?
Who cares what the other side of town think of him. The big question is how did he feel about himself after doing it. By all reports he was genuinely devastated but who really knows. And thanks for clearing it up. I can be a bit thick sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery, McKernan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back