Vickery off the radar, who to chase, mids or Forwards???

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond 2014

Senior List
Oct 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NBA
any hope of Vickery coming to Richmond i believe is now lost.

With Port Adelaide delisting Fabian Deluca and Hugh Minson.

And ageing pair Brendon Lade and Dean Brogan, surely Port will take him at number 4.

And with no ruckmen entering th PSD... they have to draft him

so with the departure off four running wing/backmen we should look to fill that void with our 1st or second, i believe we should

get Sidebottom 1st, Cornilous 2nd
or Ziebell and Lynch

thoughts?

We got rid of 4 wing/backman because the list is inundated with them. Defeats the purpose of getting more when rucks and key forwards are in need. Then again, it is the RFC....

We got rid of 4 wing/backman because the list is inundated with them. Defeats the purpose of getting more when rucks and key forwards are in need. Then again, it is the RFC....

your right we probably need a forward...
clave and mitch and jack are two inconsistent at the moment with browny and richo in the midfield it is probably the best oprion....
what is the word on big forwards apart from watts...
could mckernan be a good pick or won't he go that high

Best available.

But i want Ziebell. Think he is the next hodgey/buckley. Could play midfield, forward or back. May be good for us playing as a Goddard/Hodgey type architect.

McKernan may be a shock selection though. Will add versatility to ruck/forward/back line. Super quick and agile for his size with a massive leap and the biggest hands at the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any hope of Vickery coming to Richmond i believe is now lost.

With Port Adelaide delisting Fabian Deluca and Hugh Minson.

And ageing pair Brendon Lade and Dean Brogan, surely Port will take him at number 4.

And with no ruckmen entering th PSD... they have to draft him

so with the departure off four running wing/backmen we should look to fill that void with our 1st or second, i believe we should

get Sidebottom 1st, Cornilous 2nd
or Ziebell and Lynch

thoughts?

good coz choosing ruckman is poor list mgmt when there are class mids avaialable.

Best available.

But i want Ziebell. Think he is the next hodgey/buckley. Could play midfield, forward or back. May be good for us playing as a Goddard/Hodgey type architect.

McKernan may be a shock selection though. Will add versatility to ruck/forward/back line. Super quick and agile for his size with a massive leap and the biggest hands at the draft.

agree with ya. Best available. Ziebell for me

he kicked 11 prior. He played out of defense tho which explains a bit.

therefore he's not a proven midfielder then. played out of defense and only kicked the 10 goals as he was playing in the forwardline in a one-sided TAC grand final.

dun get me wrong, he's a good player, but i just rather if we get ziebell than sidebottom,

In 2004 we took Deledio and Tambling and the Hawks took Roughead and Buddy. I think that there wouldn't be one of us on this board who would regret not getting at least one of those two. If Ziebell is gone and we take a mid are we at risk of regretting it?

With Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Tuck, Thomson, White, Tambling, Cogs, Connors, Edwards, Polo, Jackson etc could we not be best suited to taking Trengove/McKernan if VIckery, Hurley are gone. So in 2010 our best 22 could look like:

FF: Brown, Hughes, Morton
HF Edwards McKernan/Trengove Riewoldt
C Deledio Foley Connors
HB Newman, Rance, Moore,
FB:Raines, Thursfield, McGuane
F: Simmonds, Tuck, Cotchin
Int: Pattison, Coghlan, Tambling, Shulz/Lynch

My 2008 draft:

Pick 8: Trengove/McKernan - Athletic big men who can play anywhere. Used at CHF straigtens us up, dictates opposition using strong backman, allowing Riewoldt to play as a third tall. Riewoldt can play deep/lead up or drop into defence when needed.

Pick 26: Tom Lynch/Matt Broadbent: Preferably Tom Lynch - very intense athletic 191cm player who can play midfield or key position. Could be an ideal replacement for Richo on the wing. Go forward to stretch defence(can take a grab and tackle) go back when needed(sure hands and good at ground level) or just run the lines and run through the midfield, using size and intensity at the contest to win contested possesion.

Pick 58: developing ruckman - Rhys Stanley, McCulloch.

We may not draft a classical midfielder but it makes our side look much more balanced and potent.

Trengove/McKernan give us height anywhere we need it.

Lynch is Kel Moore crossed with Matt Bate - red nut to boot.

Such a combination gives us much needed height and flexibility.

Add this to Moore staying in the backline but playing the Tom Harley role as a tall playing on least dangerous forward (which allows us to have Moore, McGuane, Thursty, Rance in the same backline) and all of a sudden we have both a tall and quick side rahter than a mosquito fleet.

This is the draft where we decide on how our premiership(window) side is going to be structured.

Draft Ziebell/Sidebottom/Hartlett and we have a powerful midfield with flexibility of Deledio, Cotchin, Edwards, Connors, Ziebell/Sidebottom/Hartlett all being able to/having to go forward and kick goals.

Could be two very different sides.

In 2004 we took Deledio and Tambling and the Hawks took Roughead and Buddy. I think that there wouldn't be one of us on this board who would regret not getting at least one of those two. If Ziebell is gone and we take a mid are we at risk of regretting it?

With Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Tuck, Thomson, White, Tambling, Cogs, Connors, Edwards, Polo, Jackson etc could we not be best suited to taking Trengove/McKernan if VIckery, Hurley are gone. So in 2010 our best 22 could look like:

FF: Brown, Hughes, Morton
HF Edwards McKernan/Trengove Riewoldt
C Deledio Foley Connors
HB Newman, Rance, Moore,
FB:Raines, Thursfield, McGuane
F: Simmonds, Tuck, Cotchin
Int: Pattison, Coghlan, Tambling, Shulz/Lynch

My 2008 draft:

Pick 8: Trengove/McKernan - Athletic big men who can play anywhere. Used at CHF straigtens us up, dictates opposition using strong backman, allowing Riewoldt to play as a third tall. Riewoldt can play deep/lead up or drop into defence when needed.

Pick 26: Tom Lynch/Matt Broadbent: Preferably Tom Lynch - very intense athletic 191cm player who can play midfield or key position. Could be an ideal replacement for Richo on the wing. Go forward to stretch defence(can take a grab and tackle) go back when needed(sure hands and good at ground level) or just run the lines and run through the midfield, using size and intensity for contest to win contested possesion.

Pick 58: developing ruckman - Rhys Stanley, McCulloch.

We may not draft a classical midfielder but it makes our side look much more balanced and potent.

Trengove/McKernan give us height anywhere we need it.

Lynch is Kel Moore crossed with Matt Bate - red nut to boot.

Such a combination gives us much needed height and flexibility.

Add this to Moore staying in the backline but playing the Tom Harley role as a tall playing on least dangerous forward (which allows us to have Moore, McGuane, Thursty, Rance in the same backline) and all of a sudden we have both a tall and quick side rahter than a mosquito fleet.

This is the draft where we decide on how our premiership(window) side is going to be structured.

Draft Ziebell/Sidebottom/Hartlett and we have a powerful midfield with flexibility of Deledio, Cotchin, Edwards, Connors, Ziebell/Sidebottom/Hartlett all being able to/having to go forward and kick goals.

Could be two very different sides.
ahahahah no way are we getting KcKernan he is a flipping drongo that cant play footy id go JON before we get him

Trengove or Hartlett for me, considering how unlikely Vickery is to fall. Either one would be great. Hartlett is probably the safer choice but Trengove really goes to help address list needs. I'd say given that, the RFC would choose Hartlett.

^ Yep given that we will take a mid. Personally i don't think it's the end of the world being short a key position forward. If the backline is strong and we have goal kicking/skillful mids who can go both ways we will win games, even if Petticoat is in the forward line.

ahahahah no way are we getting KcKernan he is a flipping drongo that cant play footy id go JON before we get him

Errrr McKernan is an absolute gun and would thrive at Richmond. Play him at CHF and free up some of your other blokes and when he has filled out his body a bit more unleash him in the ruck. He's a fantastic prospect man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery off the radar, who to chase, mids or Forwards???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back