Richmond 2014

Senior List
Oct 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NBA
He can decide the game. With all this talk on bower/thornton/laidler/watson having to take JR, the focus should be completely off Tyrone. This could be his break out game coming out of FF. This game will tell us a lot about what direction he is going in his career, lets hope we make some space for him with Jack up at CHF and leave him out to battle one on one, because imagine the nerves of watson on him in front ok 80,000 fans deep in the backline, this could be Ty's future...
thoughts on whether the only chance we can win if we get him firing, i dont see any other way.

Mitch Morton is the game breaker in my eyes. If he can snag 2 to 3 goals as a winger/high half forward, that may make a hell of a difference to the result.

Yeah I don't mind the focus on Riewoldt. Ecspecially if Bower is out and they throw Watson on him. Think Ty can do some real damage from FF as he has shown in the praccy games. Also think there backline is lacking a bit of kicking polish and a bit of pressure on them will see a few turnovers. Yarran is all class though and we will have to watch him. Forward line has a big job to do tomorrow night.

He can decide the game. With all this talk on bower/thornton/laidler/watson having to take JR, the focus should be completely off Tyrone. This could be his break out game coming out of FF. This game will tell us a lot about what direction he is going in his career, lets hope we make some space for him with Jack up at CHF and leave him out to battle one on one, because imagine the nerves of watson on him in front ok 80,000 fans deep in the backline, this could be Ty's future...
thoughts on whether the only chance we can win if we get him firing, i dont see any other way.

I wouldn't necesarily say that the Vicks is going to be in his comfort zone either tho....
No doubt with the Blues backline for the game, that our Midfield approach of banging it on the boot to a contested possesion is more likely to be effective this game than normal.

its supposed to rain so id say vickery is not going to be important
it will be nahas taylor and hellbig that need to sneek some goals!

Taylor not available til at least rd 2 it seems.

Robbie Hicks?

Hasn't played all pre-season, not sure where he is at.

Like to see Nahas & Helbig around the forward line around Jacks & T.v's feet. Or even a hard tag applied to Yarren, He will be a concern. I'd like to see Morton rotated from wing through Half forward.

Really like the sound of Helbig in the forward pocket. Throw him up on the big stage.

Conca on the HFF with Houli and also Batchelor on the HBF.

Between Conca, Riewoldt, Vickery, Nahas, Helbig and Post we have enough scoring power. Not to mention the likes of Cotch and Martin resting forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stop talking about if vickery has a break out game just win the ball in the midfield and we can tear it up

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Yep it all starts hear & thats where it will probably be won. As Ratten says after watching our Adelaide game. They can take Jack right out of it by taking away supply. Thing is I don't think there is a midfield that can stangle ours for 4 quarters. GO TIGES !!!

How many games are people expecting TV to play?

I feel if he can kick a few early in the season, he should play 22 and end up with 35-40 for the year. Fair turn around on the expectations from the end of last year.

Well TV has the year to have his break out. I'm not really expecting it. I hope for some decent showings and occasionally where he is a missmatch and gets good service. The things he does have is that he is very fast of the mark (2.94 sec 20m at draft camp) 200 cm tall and was a good junior forward. If he gets to lead against someone unable to get the drop on him he will be hard to stop - if the ball is delivered well. He could kick a bucket load if the defence isn't great (that's one thing I like about Carlton) and we win in the middle. But, If the ball doesn't come in fast and clean then he still isn't that muscular and may be easily dealt with.
Here's hoping we crunch them and TV kicks a bucket load.

Missed an all time sitter of a chest mark. Surely Ty has got to be better than some of the stuff I see him do. I've got faith in the kid but he annoys me sometimes.

Missed an all time sitter of a chest mark. Surely Ty has got to be better than some of the stuff I see him do. I've got faith in the kid but he annoys me sometimes.

havent seen some of the awesome ground work he has done then? picking up the ball and weaving through traffic a few times? tackling well around the stoppages? the best can drop a chest mark every now and then. that would be about the only mistake hes made all game.

Besides kicking that tight goal and dropping the easiest mark of the night, did he do much else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickerys chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back