State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

I remain perplexed the Vics havent at least tried to bring someone in from interstate if local stocks are so light.
Who? Queensland have Peirson and that's it. NSW had Inglis and Philippe, who left to NSW because he had no real competition, Tassie have Doran then Jewell who isn't great, SA have Neilsen as the back up to Carey but whilst Carey is the #1 for test cricket why would he leave and NSW had Holt and Gilkes, neither of whom are better at either facet.
He’d want to be a real good bat if he can’t keep to a high standard
I've only seen him a couple of times but his batting looks good.

I remain perplexed the Vics havent at least tried to bring someone in from interstate if local stocks are so light.
We could bring in virtually an entire batting lineup - but as we’ve posted in another thread - no one is producing what i would term “quality” bats - there are oodles of “talented” ones but none with the old school G&D - you can argue why forever

pretty sad we can't even update our squad profiles. Players without photos.
Maddo and Parker still listed.

Hopefully we have Short and Maxi for the One Dayer. If we do:

Brown
Short
Harris
Handscomb
Rogers
Maxwell
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Elliott
O'Neill
Murphy

Hopefully we have Short and Maxi for the One Dayer. If we do:

Brown
Short
Harris
Handscomb
Rogers
Maxwell
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Elliott
O'Neill
Murphy
Flogged by 140 runs - non competitive after 10 overs

When do we start asking some hard questions

Flogged by 140 runs - non competitive after 10 overs

When do we start asking some hard questions
We lost control of the bowling very early on. Too many panic changes, some poor fields and it cost us. Yeah, the batting sucked as well but the game was over.

Still, not prepared to throw the baby out with the bathwater in this format based on one bad game. Let's see the response against WA (who will be fighting for their season in this format) on the 13th.

We lost control of the bowling very early on. Too many panic changes, some poor fields and it cost us. Yeah, the batting sucked as well but the game was over.

Still, not prepared to throw the baby out with the bathwater in this format based on one bad game. Let's see the response against WA (who will be fighting for their season in this format) on the 13th.
Sutherland as Captain is a concern

Sutherland as Captain is a concern
I think he's a good leader and has shown good tactical nous at times but when he gets it wrong he gets it very very wrong. I'm wondering if there were too many voices today too. Normally it's just Pete, today it was Pete and Maxi and Sid to an extent too.

It didn't help that O'Neill had his worst game ever and Murphy went at 7's when he usually goes 4's. Elliott suffered the most having two three over spells, a two over spell and a one over spell. There just seemed to be a lot of panic.

Who realistically would you even consider from interstate as a batsmen to bring over? Struggling around Australia as it is
That’s it - no one

I’m in my 40th / 41st year of Senior Cricket…at every level that I’ve been involved with and am involved with battling has declined

This is the new norm - not a lean period

Remove this Banner Ad

State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back