froars

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Every week at each home game the supporters who get access to this room get to meet and greet the players after each match.

Not tonight it seems. By the time I got around to the room about three quarters of an hour after the game had finished, expecting to find a room full of unhappy supporters, there were only about 30 diehards there to greet the players.

But no players bothered to turn up, the microphones didn’t work (and Bernie Finn who'd been working on every cliché under the sun as to why we lost but couldn’t get to the mike because it wasn’t working lol), the bar was closed early and we were told to leave the room. Absolutely disgraceful there was no show from any Richmond people other than Linda who does a wonderful job around the club. She should not, however, be the face of the club when we lose games. So I have no beef with her, and thank her for her efforts in answering our questions.

But after leaving the room, I walked past the Crows rooms – who were the away team – and the room was packed and in full swing. Thought I might lob in there and say hi to Jason Torney, but thought better of it and left the joint.

Walking out the door, I run into Greg Miller, who I told not to bother rocking up because the venue was closed and no supporters were there. He feigned or was genuinely surprised and said there were players coming up to say hi. Too late I’m afraid, the party was over and not good enough :(

Doesn’t matter if there is a roomful of supporters or a handful, some representation should be made on behalf of the club or players, and not the secretary who gets left with all the dirty jobs of appeasing very unhappy people. We pay the cash for memberships which give us these privileges and expect to get what we paid for.

It’s unprofessional and shows why we linger behind other clubs, like the Essendons of this world who seem to dot the I’s and cross the T’s when it comes to pleasing their supporters.

Dear Greg, or anyone who would like to answer this thread, you’re more than welcome to come on and explain what happened tonight after the game. It’s easy, just register a nick and reply just like Greg does on Y&B .Why do i think they couldn't be bothered though :mad:

I haven't come to gloat or anything....

I find this very disappointing!!
Being a Melbourne based CROWS supporter we have a function even if we lose and at least three players come back and get interviewed and the rest of the team are around the place for autographs etc. I have seen other clubs have some sort of function in the Victory Room even when they lose so it is quite a shock to hear that it didn't happen for you tonight.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the same respect......

Good on you Lia, yep very disappointing.
Your room was absolutely packed - and you were partying like you should have after a great win.
But having given up most of our home games at the MCG which most Tiger supporters love, we expect to be given what we're paid for, otherwise why are we playing there.
And it's also a message to Telstra Dome, stop treating supporters like crap and give us what we pay for. I doubt the bar would have been closed if it was a full house like your room was.

Pretty dissapointing to hear that froars. I for one do not know of these things as I am not really into that side of it (meeting players) etc I will be when we win a flag tho ;)

Richmond have got to realise the members are the lifeblood of the club and we hurt as much as they do when we lose, the last thing they want to be doing is alienating even the most diehard supporters that want to hang around after a loss like that.

That brings me back to my pet hate Telstra Dome ( Funny that ) NOT
Would have been a different story at the G back at Punt Rd - I wouldv'e hoped at least.

Lift your game Tigers.

Apparently the Players are off to sun up North for a week. Terry couldn't wait to work on the tan.
Should leave Kraks and Pettifer behind to work on their intensity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Victory Room - Telstra Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back