VOTES - Kangas v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Jones (he actually contributed to the scoreboard)
2. Harris ((got lots of hard ball.)
1. Green (I'm beginning to like him)

3 Harris
2 Jones if only for the 4 goals
1 Firrito

Anyone who thinks that Grant and Simpson deserved a vote werent at Skilled Stadium
I have been howled down plenty of times over my criticism of Simpson and his woeful, not just ordinary but WOEFUL disposal
I sat there today and saw him turn it over, put his mates under pressure and generally kick it to no-one.
A captain shouldn't do that to his players.
He wasnt the only ordinary one out there today but when the chips are down is when the captain is supposed to rally the troops, there was no rally today.
The skill level at North leaves lots to be desired and to see blokes like Simpson and Grant turn it over like they did today - Some of the most senior footballers in the team just makes me shake my head disbelief
The North Ballarat Roosters gave a better account of themselves than the seniors and they have only been playing together 10 minutes not 10 years
I hope this effort is just a one off and not the norm because the team the won last week didn't turn up in Geelong today.

3 - CJ
2 - Thommo - yeah at least he made a effort
1 - Spud

SM Thurley and Harro

-1 Wells....might as well have brought a reserved seat on the other side of the fence - even when he went in it was a little half hearted.

1 - Daniel Harris (hate to think where we would have been without his grunt...shame his had=rd work was stuffed up so often bo others)

2 - Michael Firrito (worked hard all day)

3 - Corey Jones (considering the way the ball was coming into the forward line he was great)

I thought Shannon Grant was good.
Maybe 3 or 4 players that tried in patches but so many seemed to be just way off.

3 - Harris. My favourite player for a reason, he is tough, skilled and reliable
2 - Firrito. Especially for being influential in the first and second quarters, where the game was still there to be won.
1 - I can't think of anyone else who played 4 quarters. I'll split it between Thurley, McIntosh (who I'm not sure but was probably on the bench a lot) Corey Jones and Thompson (good marking, awful kicking)

I can't agree with anyone giving Grant votes. Very soft and didn't put in when we needed him. He's probably our best skilled player and we can't afford to have him cruising around doing nothing but parading his Harry Kewell hairdo.

Same goes for Sinclair. Isn't damaging at all. Just swans about getting cheap touches.

That said, Geelong are a great side. The midfield works as such a great unit, they all work hard for each other and they run so hard to make space for themselves. I think we've just been pantsed by one of this year's Grand Finalists.

3 - Firrito
2- Harris
1 - Jones

All those people saying "i told you so" on Simpson, where the ******** were you last week??

3 - Harris. Worked his guts out today, knocked up putting his head over the footy and one of few who ran hard when we didnt have the ball.

2 - McIntosh. Another impressive effort in the ruck and his work rate was great especially when we didnt have the ball. Did alot of off the ball stufff and running that the TV wouldnt have picked up.

1 - Thurley. Had a dip. has a nice set of hands on him too.

NorthBhoy said:
You have a 7 day memory. It's quite amazing.
No mate, very aware of last week. I just wasn't especially impressed last week either. I know I'm well in the minority on that, but to me he got to the fall of the ball, linked players up, but didn't really hurt the opposition IMHO - never does. The only thing that impressed me last week is that he didn't do his normal blind kicks.

I'd rather see him tag an opposition player who hurts us. As kangafruity says, he didn't do much insofar as lifting the side either. Off his on boot, he can't.

When the team wins, the mistakes he makes aren't as glaring but they are still there. His disposal by kicking has always been woeful. Yes he is in and under I will give him that. I think the blinkers come out on this board in regards to him because he has the (c) after his name. The captain is supposed to be the go to man when things are bad, sorry but he doesnt cut it, never has and never will. The sad thing is that I can't even see anyone behind him that can be at this stage. We have obviously been very spoiled by having the captain we did through the 90's.

gokangas said:
Anyone giving Simpson a vote could not have seen the game!

Simmo got a log of the ball, but he also had the fumbles a bit. Didn't think that he made Geelong pay with his disposals this week.

My perspective from the grandstand:

3 - Thurley
2 - Green
1 - Thompson

I thought Harris was great for a 15 min portion of the second quarter but was not very effective at other times.

I can see why people gave Simmo a vote but can also understand the criticism of his disposal. One thing's for sure, windy suburban grounds really show you where you're at in relation to your foot skills.

Very impressed with McIntosh as a longer term option. Moves well.

Everyone else was frightful IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A disappointing game all round. When we got it back to 3 goals in the 2nd quarter I started to think that maybe we weren't playing THAT bad....

3. Daniel Harris - grunt at the contest
2. Corey Jones - presented all day
1. Spud Firrito - is he looking more like John Law with that arm bandage or what?

Honourable mention to the dedicated North supporters who braved a day at Kardinia Park. I'm sorry that it's been two years of this type of performance in a row.

3- Harris (hard, in & under, takes hits and gives hits)
2 - Jones (classs and gets in, under)
1 - Harding (the only man to so a bit of c***)

3. Harris
2. Jones
1. Thurley (unbelievable - I've given him a vote 2 weeks running)

Had to laugh at the end of the game, when Sinclair took the mark and kicked the ball away in disgust. Why can't he kick long during the game? Too bad he couldn't kick himself in the balls for another soft, meaningless and selfish effort.

And for a good laugh (from Jason Phelan <from Boronia ?>- afl.com.au)

BEST – Kangaroos: Grant, Firrito, Simpson, Jones, Harris

3 CJ
2 Harris
1 Spud

Isn't funny how no one has a go at who people vote for when we win. Yet when we lose it's you don't know how to vote...

Votes = Personal Choice, don't like it bad luck, deal with it or don't vote.

Seems a lot of people are trying to influence votes this week. And it seems they are having their desired effect.
Simpsons Kicking at times today was woeful but he was one of the few who actually battled hard to actually get the thing. Played 4 solid quarters of football while others such as Wells and Harvey just stood and watched him battle it out. And for the record Simpson's disposal last week was very good. This week it was terrible.

3 Jones

2 Harris

1 Simpson

Grant got a lot of the pill and after that it's hard to find anyone at all. Thommo took some good marks. Thurley had his moments.
That's it.

Geelong are the real deal we aren't.

Too busy with Jnr Footy on Saturday to watch the debarcle. No votes from me ....Doubt I'll get to watch the replay on Fox Footy.

At least the little bloke played in 2 winning teams on Saturday.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back