Votes Rd 2 Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people just look at the stats and give votes?! A Selwood was utter poop tonight, a turnover merchant. Our midfield will be second rate whilst he is in it.

Nick Nat - 5
Josh K. - 4
Kerr - 3
Hurn - 2
Waters - 1

Did you watch the ****ing game? Both were turnover kings and played their part in costing the Eagles the game.

Do you? You do realise that the more you find the ball the more chance you have of turning it over. I find it amusing that you bagged him for giving votes to A.Selwood and Embles because they turned it over and then gave 5 to NickNat who got 7 effective disposals from 21 possessions and had 6 clangers ... far worse than both A.Selwood and Embles!

Don't get me wrong NickNat was great but it is amazing that some posters would bag two guys who consistently worked exceptionally hard to win the ball. For their record their disposal efficiency was only marginally worse than the rest of the team as well.

Anyway ... for me ...
5 - Kennedy - got horrible delivery and was outnumbered all night but consistently made a contest and somehow got 4 goals
4 - NickNat - incredible ability to win the hard ball and smashed Brogan in the ruck contests
3 - A.Selwood - 30 touches (16 contested), 10 tackles - very under-rated game
2 - B.Waters - I thought he looked really good, took some great contested marks and mopped up well across half back
1 - S.Hurn - Still was the catalyst for almost all our successful exits from the backline

5. Naitanui
4. Kerr
3. Kennedy
2. Waters
1. McGinnity

Notable mentions, Selwood, Hurn, Shuey. Brown was alright up forward also.

+1. Probably remove a selwood from the notables though as a lot of his disposals hurt us. Maybe add butler. Cox and swift were better again for the run and should be better again next week

5. Naitanui
4. Kennedy
3. Waters
2. A. Selwood
1. McGinnity

Selwood 10 tackles, positives outweighed negatives. Kennedy worked v hard. NicNat just amazing even when ball on the ground. Ebert need to watch the ball when he bounces and find some peripheral vision

5. Naitanui
4. Kennedy
3. Kerr
2. Waters
1. Masten based on getting half our teams goal assists and actually being creative.

5 - kennedy
4 - naitanui
3 - a selwood
2 - waters
1 - mcginnity

thought eric mackenzie played real well in defence but that kick really really cost us. that was a crucial goal.

kerr played well again and it's good to see him back. great goal, just needed to find a bit mroe of the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Naitanui
4. Kennedy
3. Waters
2. Kerr
1. A.Selwood

Btw, geez Kennedy copped a hard time from the umps last night. How he ended the night without a free kick is beyond me. He would've ended up with 6 had the umpires paid what seemed clear frees for players taking their eyes off the ball and running back into him.

Would've been BOG by a mile in everyones books had that happened.

5. Naitanui
4. Kennedy
3. Waters
2. Kerr
1. A.Selwood

Btw, geez Kennedy copped a hard time from the umps last night. How he ended the night without a free kick is beyond me. He would've ended up with 6 had the umpires paid what seemed clear frees for players taking their eyes off the ball and running back into him.

Would've been BOG by a mile in everyones books had that happened.

Not to mention if the delivery to him was good.

5 - Naita (12 gamer, carrying this team atm)
4 - Kennedy (gets votes purely for not requesting a trade back to Carlton mid game and walking from the field would not of blamed him if he did)
3 - Waters (great game, good defensively clean disposal set up "attacks")
2 - Kerr (Best midfielder by a long shot got allot of ball and was clean, not his best game but a shining light in the darkness)
1 - Butler (sound defensive game shut down his opponent and was another with clean disposal)

Shuey deserves a point also and Ebert deserves a point for being a kid with 2 and a bit years of experience trying his guts out for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes Rd 2 Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back