Votes: Round 1 Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 - Harris - Remarkable footballer. He was playing by himself last night. So influential. If he plays well most weeks, we will win alot of footy games.

2 - Simpson - Best game he has played for ages. Handballed smartly, kicked short and well, won lots of contests. Great game.

1 - Hamish - Because I can't think of anyone else, and for a 2nd game 21yo giant, I thought he was outstanding. Very, very impressive.

Alot of the mid range players were good. Jones, Firrito, Gibson, Green, Thurley, Harding, Watt, Brown. All did their jobs. The stars were down. Harvey was only ok, Grant was terrible until the gates opened late (squibbed a few contests) and Wellsy played the worst 22 posession, 4 goal game anyone ever has.

Hay was terrible.

Good, tough effort. Much to improve on, but a good enough start.

Re: Round 1 Vs da smears

3. Adam Simpson
2. Daniel Harris
1. Corey Jones

Great second half and good to see the 'hunger' showing in some of the lads.
From 18 pts to 41 in the closing minutes is just the 'boost' we needed.

3. Harris --- what can i say. his work in the middle was simply amazing

2. Wells --- 4 goals, and the spark that started the roos (ppl are saying that he doesnt deserve it, but remember last year when shagga kicked four goals in the final quarter and we won --- how many of us gave him best on ground) I KNOW I DID

1. Simmo/ Gibbo/ H/Hardo/jones/arch ---- a real team effort

Star said:
I'll reserve mine until the replay but thought I'd sticky this for those that were lucky enough to see it.

3-2-1's please.
Didn't get to see the game or any highlights but:

3. Wells turned the game
2. Gibson kept us in it at 1/4 time when it was needed
1. Harris for leading the clearance count in the HS

3. Harris - clearly BOG
2. Simpson - I love that for a midfielder, he is so strong overhead
1. Gibson - was fantastic when we were really under the pump - 1st half

As many have pointed out, a lot of players could have gotten that third vote.

Well done also to JYD for the Thurley - Rocca switch - inspired!:)

3 - Simpson. Kept us in the match early and kept getting touches throughout the night. A great skipper's game.

2 - Harris. Could have been BOG as well. Great game. Plenty of desperation, with 8 tackles and plenty of clearances. Let's hope this is the way the season goes for Harro.

1 - McIntosh. We needed a big man to stand up during the night as Hale struggled big time. He put his body on the line and showed a lot more desire than I had seen in any of his games at Port Melb. If the big man plays like this all year then he should play every game this year. Welcome to the big time "H"

3. Simmo - Great game from the Captain
2. Harro - Made all the difference
1. Wellsy - Despite tough checking from one of the best "blanketers" in the game he lifted and provided the spark of class we need.

T'toes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlos said:
I actually agree with you. Compared to what he is capable of he was ordinary, but the thing is when he does have to do something he does it better than anyone else on the ground. But no, i didnt think he was our best. Far from it actually.

3 - Harris. Turned the game when we looked shyte and defined what engine room means.

2 - Simpson. Still has the disposal of a special olympian, but we have few who are more courageous or harder at it when we need him to be.

1 - Gibson. looked like a 100 game veteran. So composed, looked genuinly classy and competed superbly.

Loved Turtle's game too. Big fan of Thurley's effort too.

Agreed on all counts - Thurley is the new king of Forward Line Pressure - nearly nudges out Turtle for tackles by forwards

Bren said:
Didn't get to see the game or any highlights but:

3. Wells turned the game
2. Gibson kept us in it at 1/4 time when it was needed
1. Harris for leading the clearance count in the HS
How on earth can you give those votes if you haven't even seen the game?:confused:

3 - Hurricane - Turned the match for us.
2 - Gibson - Looked good early when no one else did.
1 - Turtle - Probably a stupid vote thinking about it, but he chased well and kicked straight...

Was impressed with Thurley & Green. McIntosh looked the goods. Wells game overrated. We needed more from some other big names as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back