Votes v Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Another great team display and a difficult one to give votes in.

3 - Harvey. Ran as hard as he has for a while and kept the ball moving forward.

2 - Hale. Best big man on the ground and showed Hille up. In the same game last year Hille was one of their best and a thorn for us when he went forward. The roles were completely reversed in this game and Hille was ineffective.

1 - Harding. Not many stats (9 kick IIRC) but plenty of running and chasing. He is starting to have an affect on the defenders in the opposition as he seem to be able to close them down in a few strides.

Sav played the ultimate team game and took their only tall defender out of the game.
Thomo was good and made the most of his chances.
Only disappointment was the injuries and the Bombers getting the last few goals

Can't believe the cretin from the Sunday Herald Sun gave Pratt a vote. His game was littered with erros that directly cost us two or three goals. Did play a better second half but not even close to making our best players let alone a vote.

3 Hale
2 Colbert
1 Harding

3. Harris
2. Hale
1. Rawlings

22 contributors. Stoked at the performances in particular of Pratt, Firrito and Rocca. Plus Harding has continued showing promise, great to see. And then of course there is the top tier players that came through yet again, what a great night for North fans.

3 Rawlings
2 Harvey
1 Simpson

Really hard to choose but had to give credit to guys who tackled and held opponents so hard and created so much pressure from the start. Great to see Archer (again), Makepeace and Harding also up the top of the tackle count, ans for Boomer to lay so many tackles AND get the ball so much himself AND use it so smartly was beautiful to watch.

scottywiper said:
gokangas,
I reckon you are a bit harsh on Pratt, he made a couple of errors, but also made a number of timely spoils and I thought did a pretty fair job.

I did say he had a better second half but his first half was very poor - fortunately for him Picioane makes him look like Carey in comparison.

I love Pratt's hardness and we need that - look what it did last night. But he can't give away goals from poor kicking and poor decision making and that be ignored.

Picioane is a waste of a draft pick. We are his third club and that should have given us a message. I wasn't particularly anti him pre season but everything the knockers said about him is true. Hes an absolute dud!

At least Pratt can do better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 - Boomer. Back to his hard running, classy best
2 - Hale. I didnt think i could hate a team more than i do Essendon. After the cheap dogs are responsible for this guy possibly missing a bit of footy, i do now. Was terrific.
1 - Watt. Growing more and more as a CHB. His judgement, competitiveness, drive & * shock horror * disposal were all terrific on Saturday night.

gokangas said:
Picioane is a waste of a draft pick. We are his third club and that should have given us a message. I wasn't particularly anti him pre season but everything the knockers said about him is true. Hes an absolute dud!

Can't bag the usual easy targets (Watt and Petrie), so go for the next in line, Romance Lance.

Good work.

3 Thompson he is the difference this year.

2 Harvey ran hard all night and did some great work.

1 Watt was fantastic all night. I think he struggles in one on one marking contests but if he can avoid them he does everything else pretty well. Worked damn hard across half back.

Also loved Simpson's game.
Hale took some fine marks.
Pratt was fantastic I thought. A few errors and his man kicked a few on him but he was working hard for the team all the same.
Wells was good for 3 quarters.
Colbert and Arch. Say no more.
Grant was busy.
Harding and Rawlings.
Good hard team effort .

Great team effort - hardness at the ball and opponent with the ball was fantastic. I took great pleasure when they put the stats on the scoreboard at the end of each quarter in reading out the tackle count really loudly to rub it in to the nearby Essendon supporters.

Really hard to pick out three for votes, but..

3. Thompson - Is making a real impact for us. With his pace on the lead, and strength in the air, is almost impossible for a FB to stop - as long as delivery is good which it generally was Sat night.

2. Rawlings - Hird really is a champion. The number of times he pulls Essendon back into a game is amazing. He wasn't able to have any impact on Sat night - a great disciplined effort from Brady.

1. Hale - So strong in the air and his confidence is growing all the time. Also kicked well for three good goals.

I really wanted to give Harding a vote as I have been very critical of his efforts in the past. He chased really well to keep pressure on in our forward line & kicked well for goal (even set shots ?????).

The whole back line played well - Watt & Pratt in control in the air and provided plenty of run & drive from the back. Brown did a great job on Lloyd.

Bommer, Shagga & Simmo were all good, I thought Drew continued his improvement - lots of run to provide a target or make a contest.

Hell, everyone played well.

Carlos said:
3 - Boomer. Back to his hard running, classy best
2 - Hale. I didnt think i could hate a team more than i do Essendon. After the cheap dogs are responsible for this guy possibly missing a bit of footy, i do now. Was terrific.
1 - Watt. Growing more and more as a CHB. His judgement, competitiveness, drive & * shock horror * disposal were all terrific on Saturday night.
Yep, totally NSYNC regarding Watt. His disposal has been a long term haven for my Big Footy frustration but on Saturday Night, he hit targets, picked the right options and didn't try and kick the cover off it.

Credit in apollo's house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes v Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back