MVP Votes v Fitzroy - Round 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

MELBOURNE 2021 IS NOW FINALLY BETTER THAN NORTH 2016! I can stop thinking about them now.

12 votes to all of the best players in your opinion. Maximum 12. You can award fewer. You can award negative (to an extent). You have 3 days to vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take these, giving Gawn votes seems ludicrous to me. Wasn't in our top 10 best.
I felt he had a much better ruck game than he has the past few weeks, and actually linked up with our mids well with handball/clearance. He absolutely bullied their rucks at times, and jagged a great left-foot inside-out torp snag. 4 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements and 350m gained is all good stuff for a ruckman.

Saying all that though:
12 - Spargo

I felt he had a much better ruck game than he has the past few weeks, and actually linked up with our mids well with handball/clearance. He absolutely bullied their rucks at times, and jagged a great left-foot inside-out torp snag. 4 clearances, 3 inside 50's, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements and 350m gained is all good stuff for a ruckman.

Saying all that though:
12 - Spargo
Maybe I undervalue him these days. Who knows.

Maybe I undervalue him these days. Who knows.
Grading him on a curve, he's ****ing great for a normal ruck but his marking and tap ruck work is well below his peak.

Grading him on a curve, he's ******* great for a normal ruck but his marking and tap ruck work is well below his peak.
Yeah if Riley O'Brien played that game probably say he was epic, seemed like Gawns main weapons were down to me but then again he's just like everyone. He doesn't need to dominate

Yeah if Riley O'Brien played that game probably say he was epic, seemed like Gawns main weapons were down to me but then again he's just like everyone. He doesn't need to dominate
Was pretty surprised when the stats at the end of the game didn't show 20 touches and 40 hitouts.

Think he had a few eye-catching plays, that clearance off the Clarry feed notably, changed the tone a bit in the 2nd half with some aggressive taps forward even if they didn't necessarily lead to clearances, but IIRC 9 HOA out of 31 hitouts which isn't anything amazing.

So yeah fair call probably

MVP Votes v Fitzroy - Round 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back