Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
5 - Brown
4 - Watt (best game ever)
3 - Makepeace

Everyone did their part, sensational game.

3. Sinclair
2. Brown
1. Watt

I think Sinkers was easily the most important player through the midfield and had the most damage with his kicks. Brown did an excellent job. Watt played very well and was good to see him run out of the back line a bit more even though a lot of the kicks when to the opposition. Pratt would maybe have got the 1 vote if he hadn't gave away the two silly free kicks (interesting that the free kick was given for sheperding considering it was probably the only shepherd laid all day. It means they obviously don't know what a shepherd is and how to execute it correctly). Sav, Ferrito and makey would be the other ones to maybe get one vote, sav just for his mark :D

I think the communication is still really lacking (the players still get run down too often and it means the other players around aren't warning them). Overall, a very good game and was a good even spread for the players in terms of getting the ball. Backline was as good as always, and from the start of the game I knew the forward line would at least function because the delivery was better. Still a question mark over Harris (injured or still recovering from his virus or whatever it was?) but he (and simpson) were just not there today...

3 Brown Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

2 Makepeace We play this chipping game and Makepeace does it as good as anyone.

1 Watt Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

Also liked Jones and Stevens and Colbert is an awesome player.
Petrie in ruck Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

Angus1 said:
3 Brown Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

2 Makepeace We play this chipping game and Makepeace does it as good as anyone.

1 Watt Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

Also liked Jones and Stevens and Colbert is an awesome player.
Petrie in ruck Thanks for reading my posts Dean.

Yeah, He's got nothing else to do but read your posts :rolleyes:

Wasn't at the ground, but based on the coverage and commentating:
3. Sinclair
2. Watt
1. Brown

Don't mean to sound negative as I thought the guys did well, but a slightly unconvincing win. Carlton with only two on the bench and three down on their normal defence. Would have hoped we could have exploited that a bit more if we want to be considered a serious finals chance. Still, nice to have the four points

Please please don't give Wells votes people :) He was good but he's being overrated at the moment(just listening to Dunstall after the footy). Was in and out of the game...again I say he played well but there were a dozen players who played better than him.

Fogarty said:
Yeah, He's got nothing else to do but read your posts :rolleyes:
Read back some posts a weak ago dip$hit and you will know what i'm talking about. I said that Brown was our best option to play fullback and that Watt would be much better away from the hot seat. I also said Petrie should play ruck, Harvey should play forward and Simmo should be a run with player.
Everything i said last week was addressed today so I'm just a little bit happy ok.

Angus1 said:
Read back some posts a weak ago dip$hit and you will know what i'm talking about. I said that Brown was our best option to play fullback and that Watt would be much better away from the hot seat. I also said Petrie should play ruck, Harvey should play forward and Simmo should be a run with player.
Everything i said last week was addressed today so I'm just a little bit happy ok.

What's that got to do with making out that Laidley takes any notice of your posts?
By the way, If your limited intelligence has to resort to abuse as in "Dip********" I don't give a f***k you neuter gendered fool.
You are owned d*******D :rolleyes:

Brown 3 votes
Sinkers 2 votes
Saveloy 1 vote.

Cmon guys, we just WON!

And whats better, Watt killed it :D

So lets instead of fighting, have some fun.....Go the Roos

3 Brown
2 Rocca
1 Watt

Great performance by the whole backline and any of them could have been given votes. I like the look of Pratt who looked like he belonged in the Roos jersey. I was happy with Thompson, thought he worked himself into the game. Good team performance and hopefully we can keep it going with a win vs the Swans next week.

Fogarty said:
What's that got to do with making out that Laidley takes any notice of your posts?
By the way, If your limited intelligence has to resort to abuse as in "Dip********" I don't give a f***k you neuter gendered fool.
You are owned d*******D :rolleyes:
Ahhhhhh.......... No I don't think JYD reads bigfooty. I was just giving myself a pat on the back. You didn't pick that up huh? As for calling you a dip$hit well I take that back as you are obviously as sharp as a razor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus1 said:
Ahhhhhh.......... No I don't think JYD reads bigfooty. I was just giving myself a pat on the back. You didn't pick that up huh? As for calling you a dip$hit well I take that back as you are obviously as sharp as a razor.

No probs. cobs, just call me Gilly, it's short for Gillette :D
Cheers, Go Roos.
Fogarty. :)

Just came back from the match, GO ROOS!!!!!!!

My votes:

3. Colbert (Marked everything that went his way.)
2. Archer (Went in hard at everything and picked up alot of his possesions)
1. Sinclair (Gave us heaps of run out of the backline)

Special mentions to Watt (Killed Whitnall), Brown (Ditto-Killed Fevola), Wells (Quiet in first half but exploded in second especially in third quarter where he two goals), Grant (Picked up alot of possesions), Makepeace (Lot of the ball, hit the target almost everytime), Rocca (Most goals and presented well. Great mark in the last quarter as well) and Petrie (Was great in the ruck, more work effort than in the last month).

For the blues, Kouta, Stevens, Lappin and Teague were good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes vs Carlton (Rd 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back