Aaron Heal
Justin Coetzee
Luke Pomersbach
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Arron Crawford
Aaron Heal
Andrew James
Craig King

OUT: Casson (NSW) , Goodwin (Quit/Retired), Williams (Possibly released), Campbell (retired)
IN: Heron, Gillies, MacDonald, Pomersbach

No real surprises there, except for Mueleman staying put. Would be good if Ervine can stay fit as well. Heal, Crawford and James are all in line for elevation to state contracts according to the paper.

Only real changes I can see happening are a 2nd spinner and another keeper (possibly Johnson to get a rookie contract?).

Strongest side will probably be something like;

Rogers
Muelemann/Heron
Marsh
North
Voges
Bandy/Gillies/Ervine
Ronchi+
Hogg/Heal
Dorey
Magoffin
Edmonson/Inness

Final contracts

Ervine should get more of a go this season I reckon. He played very well for Zimbabwe and I was very impressed when he played against us(Australia).

word on the street is that sean ervine is quite the lazy cricketer training wise and this will affect the chances of a warriors call up

crowsarethebest said:
Ervine should get more of a go this season I reckon. He played very well for Zimbabwe and I was very impressed when he played against us(Australia).

He probably would have gotten a crack in the One Dayers last year if he hadn't been injured, Bandy played pretty well in the 2nd half of last season though so he might struggle to crack the Shield side.

If the WACA curator (Cam Sutherland i think) can find similar clay to what we used twenty years ago (which Dennis Lillee has told him to do) we can play four man pace attacks and used North and Voges as part timers.

If we can get the clay to make the pitches this is the teamI would like to see (When Hogg is playing One Dayers) in Pura Cup.

1. Justin Langer (C)/Clint Heron
2. Chris Rodgers
3. Marcus North
4. Damien Martyn/David Bandy
5. Shaun Marsh
6. Adam Voges
7. Luke Ronchi (Wk)
8. Brett Dorey
9. Brad Hogg/Ben Edmondson
10. Steve Maggoffin
11. Tim Macdonald

Langer should remain as captain (he will play 6 pura cup matches next season) with Marcus North his Vice Captain. Mike Hussey and Adam Gilchrist will not play many games for us next season. The batting lineup is very strong. If Martyn has International commitments we put in Bandy and move Marsh and Voges up on spot. Ronchi will be very good at number seven. Clint Heron is a promising youngster. I was at the ground at his debut and he strikes me as a bloke who can bat for a day and hold an innings together (a bit like Kallis). Tim Macdonald could be a future international bowler, he needs to get early opportunities. With this team I believe we could win the Pura Cup

Heal's next to useless, but when you look in the grade competition for an alternative... Powis, Hansberry, Hollins, Hopes don't fill you with much confidence.

McDonald IS a gun... it's a pity the WA selectors are stubborn mules. 70 1st grade wickets in a season is fantastic, but think of how many shield wickets he could have taken in that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Reaper said:
Langer should remain as captain (he will play 6 pura cup matches next season) with Marcus North his Vice Captain. Mike Hussey and Adam Gilchrist will not play many games for us next season. The batting lineup is very strong. If Martyn has International commitments we put in Bandy and move Marsh and Voges up on spot. Ronchi will be very good at number seven. Clint Heron is a promising youngster. I was at the ground at his debut and he strikes me as a bloke who can bat for a day and hold an innings together (a bit like Kallis). Tim Macdonald could be a future international bowler, he needs to get early opportunities. With this team I believe we could win the Pura Cup

He isn't that young. About 27 isn't he?

Nice bloke though.

Freo Big Fella said:
Cricket Australia

Only real changes I can see happening are a 2nd spinner and another keeper (possibly Johnson to get a rookie contract?).

Yep I think Johnson will get a rookie contract. He has a brighter future than Patrizzi or Moir (both played 2nd XI last year).

Hopefully Mangan comes across too.

MacDonald is an opening bowler. As some one previously stated 70 1st grade wickets last season. Consistantly produces results but unfortunately never given a go at state level, which is a joke.

If he produces the form of last season, he surely must be given a go at shield level.

Where did this list come from? No announcement of the squad on the WACA web site.

If they are looking at another keeper Moir would have to be close to getting a go - really strong finish to last season. Thats if they don't rookie Johnson though...

Final contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back