Unofficial Preview WA Transplant Melbourne Fans, come on down

Remove this Banner Ad

Honoured to represent this family at the game - my wife’s maiden name! Go Dees from a WA Freo fan.
729374313098c1d7b22b83ac2c1c7679.jpg

On the wagon fellas. Please please please bury the Dogs.

If anyone from interstate wants to share two codes to get in, I’ll go all out in Melbourne gear and force the misso to rock the Dees memorabilia too! I’ll sling some money your way for the opportunity. My inbox is open!

Dear Melbourne,

I was at the Game on Friday. Maxxy Gawn played just about the best game I've ever seen a ruckman play. I hope he can back up next week.

Another tidbit - Garry Lyon was standing about 3m from me at the final siren (my seat was right on one of the players races). When the siren sounded, he walked away into a quiet corner and had few moments to himself. I can't 100% confirm, but I'd be willing a small wager there were tears shed.

Good Luck. I think you'll win it in a close one.

Hello Demons fans and thank you for the warm welcome!

I am a long-suffering Dockers fan who adopted the Dees as my “second team” some years ago as I am friends with a Melbourne-mad couple who are friends of one of the players. Before the Iron Curtain descended across the nation I was a frequent visitor to your wonderful city and spent many a game wrapped in the red and blue (the exception was round 14 in 2019 at the MCG where you guys ran over us in the last quarter -ouch)

I posted this on a few of the Dockers pages last week and was met with a generally favourable response (apart from those who still haven’t forgiven Ed, and members of South Fremantle who detest East Fremantle in a footy rivalry dating back over 120 years 🙄)

REASONS FOR DOCKERS SUPPORTERS TO BARRACK FOR MELBOURNE:
1. An ex-Docker (Ed Langdon) plays for them.
2. One of our favourite sons - Jeff “The Wiz” Farmer played for them.
3. Luke Jackson and Trent Rivers are both WA and East Fremantle boys.
4. Their premiership drought is even longer than ours!
5. We each have a Brayshaw brother.
6. Neale Daniher and Jim Stynes. I don’t think I need to say more.
7. How can you not love Max Gawn???
8. Red plus Blue makes purple!! ❤️+💙=💜 (and yes I know that now the Dogs are in the GF the same applies).

I was at the game on Friday night and despite sitting amongst allies in Dockers supporters and the enemy Eagle supporters we were all united in roaring for the Dees and going nuts every time the Great God Gawn went near the ball. At one stage the chant of “Gawwwnnnyyyy” was reminiscent of that yelled for Dennis Lillee at the WACA just over the Swan River from Optus Stadium.

My Melbourne friends (like you all) are gutted to not be here to see them in the GF, but express posted their footy scarves to Perth so if they couldn’t be here at least their footy scarves could be - the four of us wore them proudly on Friday night and hope to do again at the GF if we can score tickets in the GA scramble on Thursday.

Good luck Dees - a lot of WA are behind you!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back