WAFL 2011 Off Season Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

considering the kid took a break from footy this year and played with his mates at CBC ammo's, I'd be very suprised he is getting looked at as a prospective AFL rookie pacemaker......if he does get a 2nd opportunity then good luck to the kid, but some how I don't think that is gonna happen.......

there appears to be plenty of mature age guys and youngsters who played higher levels of footy than King this year, first in line for a rookie spot. Thus I reckon with the kid being only 19, many an AFL club will be sitting back watching to see how he goes in the WAFL first......eg: motivation and injury concerns

considering the kid took a break from footy this year and played with his mates at CBC ammo's, I'd be very suprised he is getting looked at as a prospective AFL rookie pacemaker......if he does get a 2nd opportunity then good luck to the kid, but some how I don't think that is gonna happen.......

there appears to be plenty of mature age guys and youngsters who played higher levels of footy than King this year, first in line for a rookie spot. Thus I reckon with the kid being only 19, many an AFL club will be sitting back watching to see how he goes in the WAFL first......eg: motivation and injury concerns

Ammos what grade? Thought he played the odd WAFL game this year but guess I was wrong. Still should be in the draft pool though for all drafts but as you said very unlikely due to as you said took a break.

I'm a little angry and upset at the moment because of Murphy to Swans!:mad: Obviously we're losing a couple of forwards.

Pettifer, ex Richmond, has trained with East Perf and kicked 80 or 90 goals in a Vic Country league last year, so we'll see how he goes, but should be a welcome addition to the Royals forward line.

Pettifer, ex Richmond, has trained with East Perf and kicked 80 or 90 goals in a Vic Country league last year, so we'll see how he goes, but should be a welcome addition to the Royals forward line.
I always liked Kane Pettifer as a player. He was a great aerialist who took a few speccies in his time at Richmond, that's for sure, so he should entertain the East Perth fans.

ex Brisbane listed player Kieran King(ex EF colts) is back down at EF training, possiblilty of Brock O'Brien coming to EF if not re - drafted, Griffiths training at Perth and Kyanga seeking a transfer to EP.......heard a few SF boys are seeking transfers to EF......all a bit hush hush at present.....much depends on how many EF boys get drafted tomorrow...

I've heard that one is off now. He's staying at EF.

I also assume this means Kristin's unknown twin brother Bryce will also be making the move from Perth resys to Peel resys? Probably get a league game at Peel though:D:thumbsu:.

Bryce is actually quite a handy player, seemed to never quite apply himself in his time at Perth but the reports are he's training hard at Peel. Part of a Trevor Williams coached Colts premiership in 2006, he may blossom being back under his tutelage.

Bryce is actually quite a handy player, seemed to never quite apply himself in his time at Perth but the reports are he's training hard at Peel. Part of a Trevor Williams coached Colts premiership in 2006, he may blossom being back under his tutelage.

Look I agree, he can play. I also agree with the second half of the bolded part. He coud have made a rookie list in the AFL like his older brother Ash, but Kristen was the best of the three IMO.

Those that know a couple of Peel Thunder's players know that they are actually not as of a bad side as they show everyone. The three Thornton's can play when they all try, Charters can play when he try's (thats how he got rookie listed) Rory O'Brien can play when he trys to the point I felt he was a great rookie draft pick a few years ago add his brother Brock who has alot of injury problems and decent young players coming through as well.

I just feel they are lacking a marquee player, someone they can all look up to and someone they can all admire. Even just one former great AFL player would do wonders for the club. I talk about a Ben Cousins or a Paul Hasleby to give them some spark. I know they tried this with Heath Black which turned out to be a bad move but they need to try again with another player.

Look I agree, he can play. I also agree with the second half of the bolded part. He coud have made a rookie list in the AFL like his older brother Ash, but Kristen was the best of the three IMO.

Those that know a couple of Peel Thunder's players know that they are actually not as of a bad side as they show everyone. The three Thornton's can play when they all try, Charters can play when he try's (thats how he got rookie listed) Rory O'Brien can play when he trys to the point I felt he was a great rookie draft pick a few years ago add his brother Brock who has alot of injury problems and decent young players coming through as well.

I just feel they are lacking a marquee player, someone they can all look up to and someone they can all admire. Even just one former great AFL player would do wonders for the club. I talk about a Ben Cousins or a Paul Hasleby to give them some spark. I know they tried this with Heath Black which turned out to be a bad move but they need to try again with another player.

The name Ashley Hansen comes to mind.

OK, I have returned from a month overseas and need to find out what's been happening in the footy world.

Managed to log onto BF and Footygoss very occasionally whilst away and was completely shocked to see Haselby sign with South.

Have finally caught up with most things WAFL and AFL but would love some more info on what's happening at South if some of you guys have any more info?

The name Ashley Hansen comes to mind.

I wish they had taken Murphy masai.:p

OK, I have returned from a month overseas and need to find out what's been happening in the footy world.

Managed to log onto BF and Footygoss very occasionally whilst away and was completely shocked to see Haselby sign with South.

Have finally caught up with most things WAFL and AFL but would love some more info on what's happening at South if some of you guys have any more info?

Did you read Murphy has signed with Swans Tundra? That's what I've been told, I still keep hoping someone's messing with me!:p

I wish they had taken Murphy masai.:p

Did you read Murphy has signed with Swans Tundra? That's what I've been told, I still keep hoping someone's messing with me!:p

Please, all I can say is NO.

Geez Spud has less heart than Dessie Hedland .........

On the Peel issue, I just thought that if a nice bit of money was pointed Hansens way, he might show some leadership for Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So last year East Perth got Lovett, Wirrapunda and Jason Roe all very very good players. Lovett was a gun in 09 for Essendon, Wirra we all know had a star studded career and Roe was probably unlucky not to get picked up again and showed plenty in his short time at AFL. Also they have Oakley Nicholls playing for them the whole time aswell.

Now this year they already have picked up Polak, Pettifier and J.Smith. Smith kicked 5 goals at AFL level in a game IIRC, Pettifier had a pretty decent career at AFL level and Polak was a very talented player sturck down by injury.

They will probably go close to a flag next year with all these players, how come they get all the guns every year.

Edit: Does anyone know how much some of the top players get paid or know anyone that gets paid in WAFL?

Hey guys, long time no see!

Just a quick plug for Claremont memberships...

Memberships available from $25 and the club would love to have you onboard for the 2011 season.

Get behind us in our push for premiership glory in 2011!

Heaps more info available from http://www.claremontfc.com.au/

How many games to you get out of it? Not that I am going to convert but still interested in the deal for some very odd reason:confused:. Will not buy:D but more info needed for those tiger fans.

So last year East Perth got Lovett, Wirrapunda and Jason Roe all very very good players. Lovett was a gun in 09 for Essendon, Wirra we all know had a star studded career and Roe was probably unlucky not to get picked up again and showed plenty in his short time at AFL. Also they have Oakley Nicholls playing for them the whole time aswell.

Now this year they already have picked up Polak, Pettifier and J.Smith. Smith kicked 5 goals at AFL level in a game IIRC, Pettifier had a pretty decent career at AFL level and Polak was a very talented player sturck down by injury.

They will probably go close to a flag next year with all these players, how come they get all the guns every year.

Edit: Does anyone know how much some of the top players get paid or know anyone that gets paid in WAFL?

I say in the range of $400 - $700. But then they find out about other certain leagues which offer double in the range of $1000 - $1500 per game with limited training effort required so some choose this option.

Lovett's gone back to Victoria & Wirra's retired so it's not as good as it sounds for them.

With Merrington, Pickering and Webster also retiring East Perth had lost a number of significent players. Not sure if Roe is still playing.

The addition of Pettifer, Polak and Smith fills holes in the squad. I think the Royals should be confident of a good season though given how well the young players did last season. Having Trent Martin over his injury is another bonus.

The very best players get about $800 per game, there wouldn't be very many who earn that though. The better players would command between $500 to $700 per game.

I know of one player who got about $250 per game last season but this was his first real season playing more regularly in the league side so his wage per game was less. He'll probably get a reasonable increase for next season.

Ammos what grade? Thought he played the odd WAFL game this year but guess I was wrong. Still should be in the draft pool though for all drafts but as you said very unlikely due to as you said took a break.

He came in later on in the year played A-Grade Colts with his mates - I think it was more a year to play at a lower level and get over his injuries. I'd be very surprised if he didnt dominate at EF next year, kid is an elite athlete.

No chance to be picked up this year, but given a good year at EF next year clubs could do worse than to pick up a 20 year old kid like Kingy

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2011 Off Season Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back