Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still won't attend WAFL games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Please come with us and Save The WAFL
A Committee as formed to Save the WAFL
A once a month meeting will take place that is central to all.
The committee will be formed of Members, Supporters, Past Players, Officials and Volunteers of the WAFL.
We are looking for people who are passionate WAFL supporters, and who can spare a small amount of time.
Objective
To voice our concerns of the WAFL Alignment
Raise money for campaigns
Public awareness
Work hand and hand with the 7 non-aligned Club, State and Federal Ministers

For more information please call

Pat Holywell 0401407357
George Copley 0478572654

The Petition website is www.savethewafl.com/

Petition by
Patrick Holywell
Perth, Australia

Please come with us and Save The WAFL
A Committee as formed to Save the WAFL
A once a month meeting will take place that is central to all.
The committee will be formed of Members, Supporters, Past Players, Officials and Volunteers of the WAFL.
We are looking for people who are passionate WAFL supporters, and who can spare a small amount of time.
Objective
To voice our concerns of the WAFL Alignment
Raise money for campaigns
Public awareness
Work hand and hand with the 7 non-aligned Club, State and Federal Ministers

For more information please call

Pat Holywell 0401407357
George Copley 0478572654

The Petition website is www.savethewafl.com/

Petition by
Patrick Holywell
Perth, Australia

Count me in

I don't know much about the WAFL but I reckon it would be better to let WCE and FREO have their own reserves teams in the league rather than alignment.

In the VFL, Geelong has always had their own team, Collingwood has for about 5 years and Essendon has for the past couple and they have hardly been dominant.

At least if WCE and FREO have their own reserves team you can still support your WAFL club as the worst thing here in the VFL was that a lot of Collingwood supporters were Northern Bullants supporters who aligned with Carlton.

I don't know much about the WAFL but I reckon it would be better to let WCE and FREO have their own reserves teams in the league rather than alignment.

In the VFL, Geelong has always had their own team, Collingwood has for about 5 years and Essendon has for the past couple and they have hardly been dominant.

At least if WCE and FREO have their own reserves team you can still support your WAFL club as the worst thing here in the VFL was that a lot of Collingwood supporters were Northern Bullants supporters who aligned with Carlton.

The really should have 'aligned' the VFL/AFL sides per the old zones.

Essendon supporters use to follow Coburg, but Coburg ended up with Richmond.
Carlton's old recruiting zone was Bendigo, but Bendigo teamed up with Essendon for a while.
Collingwood supporters use to follow Preston, but now Preston has been taken over by Carlton!

On January 19th, The West Australian reported that the clubs and league were getting closer to signing a deal.

On January 26th, The West Australian reported that a new deal had been proposed and accepted by the G7 clubs. Under the deal an extra $120,000 will be paid to the clubs and the East Perth and Peel clubs would eventually have no out of zone players. Clubs will now recieve $150,000 in cash and a further $120,000 in management grants.

References

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL FANS UNITE! - Say NO to Reserves Teams

Back