XXX KINGS

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bushrangers and Victory
It has been a long time coming but he finally landed a mark. I've been saying for a long time that he will jump up and bring it down with him one day and today was the day he finally did it. Well done to Walker, he doesn't deserve the criticism he is getting. He is only young and today he showed signs he is going to be a great player. I am willing to put my house on this.

I'm looking forward to dozens more grabs like that one in the years to come!

Now that he's got the monkey of taking his first big one off his back, lets hope the flood gates will open a bit - not just in respect of his marking, but his whole game really!

GO BLUES!

Rich

I agree, was very impressed with Walks today. His effort on McLeod will give him a lot of confidence.

We've got a lot to look forward to with this boy!!

Showed why he'll be better than Mclean and Sylvia in tagging the superstar McLeod out of the game and still getting the ball himself. A brilliant run down the ring and kick on his wrong foot was only stuffed up by Houilhan' lack of cohunas. He finally took one of his mark of the year attempts and he has a phenomenal hang time and reach. :D

I agree, good signs with Walker. However Houlihan is a dud and i hope he gets traded at the end of the year. Cant stand him.

Played alright today I thought and it would do his confidence no end of good I am sure.

He needs to bulk up though as his is still brused aside too easily. I am sure that will come.

Go BlUez!! said:
I agree, good signs with Walker. However Houlihan is a dud and i hope he gets traded at the end of the year. Cant stand him.

Don't know what game you were watching but i thought Houlla played well yesterday. Put his body, won alot of the ball and genuinely used it well. If you don't like him, that's your lousy problem but don't bag him after he has played a good game.

T-Bird32 said:
I agree, was very impressed with Walks today. His effort on McLeod will give him a lot of confidence.

We've got a lot to look forward to with this boy!!
i have been saying for a while now that the best way for walker to get into the game and make has mark is to play on the oppositions best players.
he can then be accountable, and be led to the contest/play, once he is there he can work his magic, this will also stop him from drifiting in and out of the game and he then won't look lost on the HF line or wing or have him sitting on the pine.

i would even go as far to says he needs to play on m williams from the hawks next time we play them and given match ups he can slot into the backline to continue developing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mark could have been a screamer but wasn't because he didn't get the sit and basically caught the ball just before he hit the ground. Did well to hold it considering he was on the way down. Good effort all the same.

blues76 said:
big woop guys....he took an overhead mark....im expecting more than that from walker...

Well said.

Mind you, he probably played his second best game yesterday, had a job to do and did it pretty well.

Is it just me, or do people cringe when Andy has the ball and starts running and bouncing?

stokesy said:
Well said.

Mind you, he probably played his second best game yesterday, had a job to do and did it pretty well.

Is it just me, or do people cringe when Andy has the ball and starts running and bouncing?
yes, i cringe too...scares me in fact...i think his left foot is better...

blues76 said:

Much easier to advise the kid on how to use the ball then teaching them to get the pill. Even though he was pick no. 2, give the guy some time to develop. He's still very young, and still learning the game. He is pivotal to Carlton climbing back up the ladder in years to come.

blues76 said:

His kicking has been excellent this season IMO. The good thing is though, he's duel sided. It ********es me off that so many footy players can't kick on their wrong foot. It's not hard at all! If you're running on your right side, you kick with your right foot. If you're running on your left side, you kick with your left foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back