Remove this Banner Ad

Swans120

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Waratahs
Australia: Kurtley Beale, James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell, Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Ben McCalman, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (capt), Nathan Sharpe, Mark Chisholm, Salesi Ma'afu, Stephen Moore, Benn Robinson. Res: Saia Faingaa, James Slipper, Dean Mumm, Richard Brown, Luke Burgess, Berrick Barnes, Anthony Faingaa.

South Africa: Francois Steyn, JP Pietersen, Jaque Fourie, Jean de Villiers, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Francois Hougaard, Pierre Spies, Juan Smith, Schalk Burger, Victor Matfield, Danie Rossouw, Jannie du Plessis, John Smit (capt), Gurthro Steenkamp. Res: Chiliboy Ralepelle, CJ van der Linde, Flip van der Merwe, Ryan Kankowski, Ricky Januarie, Juan de Jongh, Gio Aplon

Changes:

McCalman in for Brown
Chisholm in for Mumm
Moore in for Faingaa

Yeh i think it may be time to sit Adam Ashley-Cooper out for Berrick Barnes. Take him out of the Australian backline, and the likes of Quade Copper, Genia, Giteau, Mitchell and Beale look very promising.

I hope the Wallabies keep the ball in hand again tonight. This tactic is the best hope Australia has in winning the world cup next year, since our line-out and scrum continues to have question marks (even though our forward pack has improved considerably).

You're gonna put Barnes at 13?

AAC is a better option than Barnes at 13 every day of the week and i believe he always ought to have a place in this backline with the current back stocks.

Good lord. This has been an electric start to this match.

Elsom, McCalman (i love this guy, shits all over Brown) doing some busting ball running up the middle, Moore is hitting in hard and Pocock is being his normal pesky and brilliant self and as i post this he wins a great pilfer under huge pressure on our line.

Then the backline! WOW. They are electric right now. Quade and Genia running the show and giving Beale, JOC and AAC space and time every time.

Memo to ARU: Just give Quade Cooper as much money as is necessary to make him stay a Wallaby. He is one in a lifetime.

They're booing Habana every time he goes near it...amazing.

And typically, the Wallabies make some bone headed mistakes after such a wonderful half to let the Boks back into the game.

5 metres out from Boks line, Elsom calls the scrum when the lineout has been working well all half and the scrum has already been penalised. All well and good to have confidence in the scrum but why the **** would you want to risk it against the Boks pack when you could go to the line again, and win your ball uncontested as the Boks would almost have certainly not contested the lineout and concentrated on defending against a potential rolling maul.

Anyway, penalty given to Boks. Boks go up the field, Pocock pilfers and steals AGAIN, Genia goes way too quickly after the steal and kicks out of bounds on the full.

Then (i was thinking it all half) we were giving a lot of room to their forwards on the fringes of the ruck. I mean directly next to the ruck and there we go, Matfield goes straight through untouched and through some marvellous skill, puts the Boks back in it.

Still, wonderful 38 mins of rugby from the Wallabies. Have to go on with this now, cannot lose this Test.

Bests (in no order): Cooper, Elsom, Genia, Pocock, McCalman, Beale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT

After the horrendous half Beale had, to march on over and kick that penalty goal was miraculous. We didn't deserve to win it the way we gave up that lead with some horrible bone headed mistakes BUT **** THAT, UP YOU ****ING WALLABIES!!!!!!!!

Beale, fantastic.

Marist boy comes through, just like the great John Eales did the last time we had a kick after the siren to win it. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallabies vs Boks - Bloemfontein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back