WANTED: Grand Final tickets. ALL REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Grand Final tickets x 2 WANTED****

Bullshit, I have been a member for over 30 years, but because I am a member of a big club, GF tickets are not guaranteed, that's why I know you are talking crap.
So you're telling me you cannot get a membership where you are garaunteed a ticket if your team makes it?

30 years... MCC, AFL, collinwood has 2 GF MEMBERSHIPS where you wil def get a ticket and others with ballot.

You've been doing it wrong for 30 years.

Sh!t even 5 years ago you'd have had a full afl membership within 2-3 years and get all finals plus 40 games a year

Re: Grand Final tickets x 2 WANTED****

Like I said. Get a membership and you won't have to pay the big prices.

I chose the AFL Silver option and have been happy to pay for GF tix without sooking.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised when you have to pay over face value for a ticket to the number 1 sporting event in the land when the number 1 team (shameless bias) is in it if you chose not to have a membership.

Myself included. You included.

Given the option to sell to two loyal supporters and all being equal, why would you go for the lesser option with a stranger on the board? If you were giving it away at cost you'd do it at the ground or give it to a mate or at the pub. Not here where you've got loyal fans either side, only one has a wad of cash.

I've always had a membership & the fact that you don't know not all of us get tickets, prove you are a scalper.

But with Collingwood its not as simple as buying a membership, going every week and getting a shot at GF tickets, unless you want to pay $1000 per membership every year then you wont be getting GF tickets or in the AFL members case, you have be members for 10+ years before getting full membership, takes its time

But it is scalping when someone takes a $140 ticket and charges $1500 for it, if you were willing to pay that twice then you have money to burn, may as well have just bought a legends membership

There. You said it. Buy a legends membership. Done.

How hard is that. They do it monthly too. Lesser memberships get a ballot too. My understanding is you still have a very good chance.

I had the option until the 25th august to upgrade from afl silver to legends for 500 to secure a GF ticket. So did any silver afl member with collingwood club support.

In previous years everyone got into the ballot, then suddenly the ballot information comes out long after membership is closed and it only applies to the top 3 categories, our AFL membership kept telling us we would be in our clubs ballot but that all changed

I believe AFL is far better value if I ever make full membership, up to 8 years now and still waiting so its no longer a quick and easy method

The other beauty of AFL is you get a choice over where you sit, with legends you pay your $1000 every year, then get billed $500 for a ticket at the back of the GSS, I know you love that but lots of people dont

As for the upgrade, it probably still works out to be the same price anyway, if I had $1500 per person to burn then would buy a package deal

Funny thing is the only year I have been to a GF was the only year I had no membership of any kind

Nothing 30 years wouldn't sort out. MCC about 20. Afl about 8-10. Club memberships it comes down to money not time.

He'll even collinwood you can roll up and buy your way in. You can with most if not all club memberships as far as I'm aware.

Nothing 30 years wouldn't sort out. MCC about 20. Afl about 8-10. Club memberships it comes down to money not time.

He'll even collinwood you can roll up and buy your way in. You can with most if not all club memberships as far as I'm aware.

You do realise that there are a restroctiom on numbers for those top memberships?

Going to assume you mean restriction.

The club were offering members the option to upgrade their membership a month ago in order to guarantee GF tickets, so i'm guessing they weren't all sold out of the Legend memberships at the start of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to assume you mean restriction.

The club were offering members the option to upgrade their membership a month ago in order to guarantee GF tickets, so i'm guessing they weren't all sold out of the Legend memberships at the start of the year.

Maybe at the Pies, but the top memberships at the Bombers, are always sold out. They can't have 40,000 members of one club, being gauranteed GF tickets, not when there are corporate, AFL & MCC members getting tickets as well, it's a disgrace that non supporters of the two competing teams miss out, unless they pay these greedy scalpers a fortune.

In previous years everyone got into the ballot, then suddenly the ballot information comes out long after membership is closed and it only applies to the top 3 categories, our AFL membership kept telling us we would be in our clubs ballot but that all changed

I believe AFL is far better value if I ever make full membership, up to 8 years now and still waiting so its no longer a quick and easy method

The other beauty of AFL is you get a choice over where you sit, with legends you pay your $1000 every year, then get billed $500 for a ticket at the back of the GSS, I know you love that but lots of people dont

As for the upgrade, it probably still works out to be the same price anyway, if I had $1500 per person to burn then would buy a package deal

Funny thing is the only year I have been to a GF was the only year I had no membership of any kind
i said i like to see the leads ... i've been sitting in p all year row a.... got that really late joining the afl members...

next time round i'm submitting the reserve seat package the day it comes out and i'll get N seats. then i'll be organised and use that 24 hour sale where you can buy your entire seasons seats in Febuary.

really all you need to do is read the emails they send you...

so if you're organised you can get your silver membership for 350 odd with another 100 or so for N level seats all year.

that's 450 for 40 games with the best seats in the house...

then you either back your team and upgrade early or wait it out and gamble.

with gambling though, it's possible you'll come unstuck..

my point is don't complain when you do and certainly don't blame others who've forked out on the offchance

i'm not saying you did but 'others' certainly are...

Nice to see some selling at face value.
And to be honest 500-750 is fair.

But to those people creating an auction, you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

WANTED: Grand Final tickets. ALL REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back