Wanting to buy a Laptop Computer for educational purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangas_Scotty

Senior List
Jun 26, 2005
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Hey everyone

I want to purchase a lap top to do my homework in. I am in year 10 this year and I get sick and tired of sitting in front of the computer. I would rather do my homework in different bits of the house and be able to sit on something more comphtable.

I have a price range up to $1000, could someone be able to help me with finding the right one over the internet

Cheers Guys
Luke.

Kangas for $1000 you aren't going to be able to get a top of the line laptop. You will be able to get a quite basic one. I suggest you go to your local Harney Norman or whatever and ask them what would be the best for you. Go to a few places and see what they say and post what Specs. each Laptop they say has and some computer guys on here will tell you the best one for you.

I guess it all depends on how fast you type as in if you are a slow typer it will take you longer to write things and so you will become more uncomfortable sitting on crappy chairs. So some people will need a laptop. I dont need a laptop and I am in year 10 currently.

You could get an all right laptop for that much but it wouldn't be the best. Spending about another 500-600 you could get a pretty decent one

toshiba L20 at officeworks for $999
wireless
512meg ram
40 gig hd
good school computer, most at this price dont offer on board wireless,

cd burner and dvd player.

$1299 would get the dvd burner on an acer with 512 meg ram and 60 gig hd
for those who dont have info to offer and brag of not needing a laptop your day will come

Whose $1000 is it?

Seriously, why do you want to spend a grand on a more convenient way to do your homework!!! Misplaced dedication to the cause!

I only say this because I once did the same - just a waste of money on a low-spec machine when you have a better desktop that is more reliable. Don't be sold out by the hype.

Is the desktop PC your own, or a family one?

Seriously, use the desktop, and spend the grand on a speccy new games console and games:) Or a new footy, or a cricket bat, or clothes.

I have no technical advice, but I really warn you that you are putting a $1000 into a white elephant. If you get bored at the computer this will still happen on your laptop = except the screen will be small and hurt your eyes, and the keyboard will give you RSI, and your lousy posture wherever you take the laptom with knacker your back.

:)

funkyfreo said:
If you get bored at the computer this will still happen on your laptop = except the screen will be small and hurt your eyes, and the keyboard will give you RSI, and your lousy posture wherever you take the laptom with knacker your back.

Excellent advice.

Invest in a good, comfortable desk chair instead and spend the rest on yourself. The laptop will only lead to more discomfort and more distraction.

Guys, im after some advice on what computer to get. What I mean is I get bored sitting in front of the computer... I would rather be able to move around the house and do my homework there i.e. before I go to bed and while a good TV show is on.. Please i dont really need to hear any more stories from you guys who r going through year 10 or just finished it about you guys using lap tops. this is my decision, I want to stick with that, ill do what I have to do to do really good work.

Thanks
Luke.

Kangas_Scotty said:
Guys, im after some advice on what computer to get. What I mean is I get bored sitting in front of the computer... I would rather be able to move around the house and do my homework there i.e. before I go to bed and while a good TV show is on.. Please i dont really need to hear any more stories from you guys who r going through year 10 or just finished it about you guys using lap tops. this is my decision, I want to stick with that, ill do what I have to do to do really good work.

Thanks
Luke.

hear hear, i bet you they wouldnt say the same thing about some of there already outdated mp3 players:rolleyes:

if you need advice on some specs or stuff just ask. also reread my post above.;)

cheers mm

I would go to officeworks they have some good laptops there for the price your willing to spend. Just think about if thats all you want to use it for because as I said for a bit more $$$ you will get stacks more features

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanting to buy a Laptop Computer for educational purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back