warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pull ur head in mate hamdpen netballers are better to watch then wdfnl footy i wood rather watch port fairy play north then wdfnl top teams play its terrible
I noticed that there are a few WDFNL guys running around in Hampden league this weekend. Port Fairy- Will Glover, Tom Neville, Aaron O,Callaghan, Louis Fary, and Sth Warrn,-Sam Mahony. I wouldn't mind betting that at least 3 of these players will be named in the best this weekend. If they do, which i think they will, this will show us all the difference between playing HFNL and WDFNL is not as big as some under 18 HFNL wannabes think it is.;)

I noticed that there are a few WDFNL guys running around in Hampden league this weekend. Port Fairy- Will Glover, Tom Neville, Aaron O,Callaghan, Louis Fary, and Sth Warrn,-Sam Mahony. I wouldn't mind betting that at least 3 of these players will be named in the best this weekend. If they do, which i think they will, this will show us all the difference between playing HFNL and WDFNL is not as big as some under 18 HFNL wannabes think it is.;)
Good call, i have seen little man play and he is yet to prove that he has anything worth while in his game of footy

4 wdfl permit players couldnt get port fairy over the line against the worst team in victoria.

all reports say sam mahony was good. he will be or(should be) in falcons next yr for sure!!

Good call, i have seen little man play and he is yet to prove that he has anything worth while in his game of footy

Hang on, have I got it correct that fullta is an average player and potentially doesn't evn play seniors? I was sure he had played in the AFL.

I missed the games on the weekend but by all accounts, a couple of crackers. Timboon are shaky and haven't won a final for awhile. Merrivale could still do it but South Rovers are looking good.

Hang on, have I got it correct that fullta is an average player and potentially doesn't evn play seniors? I was sure he had played in the AFL.

I missed the games on the weekend but by all accounts, a couple of crackers. Timboon are shaky and haven't won a final for awhile. Merrivale could still do it but South Rovers are looking good.

what have you got against me? just because i dont rate the wdfl, know need to get all sooky about it...

ok, i dont play footy, i quit when i realised i was no good at it.
i weigh 120kg and i couldnt get a kick in a cow yard!! happy?

Righto, Grand final time. This is my synopsis but feel free to comment.

South Rovers Versus Tmboon

Timboon have had the class all year and have got over their finals voodoo and actually won one.
Great to see that donkey from Timboon get weeks. I believe after he threw 2 punches he doubled the amount of kicks he'd had for the day. Timboon will not miss him and will actually go better.

I think Timboons key is in the ruck. Wilson is a great ruckman but can get beaten in the mind. Wagstaff is a goer and works all day, Rovers will need to at least nullify him to have a chance.

Rovers rely extremely heavily on Wilson, Richardson and Bowman. For them to win, these 3 blokes have to be in the best. Richardson is a good player and needs to be beaten on the lead up to a contest. Once he is set he usually marks everything.
Bowman will be wasted if put at full back. They will need him at centre half back, this is where he can damage sides.

Timboon's small men can set up heaps of play and will need to be working from the outset.

As both sides are pitiful on a bigger ground, the coaching will have a big influence including their rotations. If the weather stays good, both teams will need to function outside of their comfort zones.

Across the board, South Rovers depth isn't as good as Timboon and therefore Timboon should win.
South Rovers rely on being in front and struggle to come from behind, they need a good start to be half a chance.

I hope Rovers win it, the comments by Timboons coach during the year have been fairly arrogant with not alot of respect for the opposition.

Enjoy the cans on the hill, should be a good day!

South Rovers came from 6-7 goals down last time and beat them.
And yes matho has been very arrogant and even this week him and his players have given no respect to the lions

what have you got against me? just because i dont rate the wdfl, know need to get all sooky about it...

ok, i dont play footy, i quit when i realised i was no good at it.
i weigh 120kg and i couldnt get a kick in a cow yard!! happy?

lmao :D

Righto, Grand final time. This is my synopsis but feel free to comment.

South Rovers Versus Tmboon

Timboon have had the class all year and have got over their finals voodoo and actually won one.
Great to see that donkey from Timboon get weeks. I believe after he threw 2 punches he doubled the amount of kicks he'd had for the day. Timboon will not miss him and will actually go better.

I think Timboons key is in the ruck. Wilson is a great ruckman but can get beaten in the mind. Wagstaff is a goer and works all day, Rovers will need to at least nullify him to have a chance.

Rovers rely extremely heavily on Wilson, Richardson and Bowman. For them to win, these 3 blokes have to be in the best. Richardson is a good player and needs to be beaten on the lead up to a contest. Once he is set he usually marks everything.
Bowman will be wasted if put at full back. They will need him at centre half back, this is where he can damage sides.

Timboon's small men can set up heaps of play and will need to be working from the outset.

As both sides are pitiful on a bigger ground, the coaching will have a big influence including their rotations. If the weather stays good, both teams will need to function outside of their comfort zones.

Across the board, South Rovers depth isn't as good as Timboon and therefore Timboon should win.
South Rovers rely on being in front and struggle to come from behind, they need a good start to be half a chance.

I hope Rovers win it, the comments by Timboons coach during the year have been fairly arrogant with not alot of respect for the opposition.

Enjoy the cans on the hill, should be a good day!

I think its fair to say 97% of the district league followers would be happy with the result of the grand final!!! hopefully the freak eddy richardson retire's for all the clubs sake! he is a freak!

How good is it to see those jerks from Timboon go down. They would have to be the most hated team in the League, maybe even hated more than umpires. Couldn't believe when I read that when Wagstaff-Pittard was suspended it was out of his nature, he is always doin dirty shit lke that, bout time he got caught I say. Anyway well done Rovers it was the resault we all wanted to see, Timboon getting beat.

well done rovers!! Im sure everyone around is happy with the result. I agree timboon is the MOST hated club in the league! They are absolute jerks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great win to Rovers! Fantastic outcome.

Who was the peanut that said Rovers coiuldn't come from behind---- oh, that's right, me!! Bad call. They were fantastic and Richardson was unbelievable all day.

I couldn't believe Timboon took Thompson out of the middle at half time and put him in the forward line. He had been best on ground up until then and Timboon had all the momentum. As soon as he went out, Rovers started to clean up in the middle. VERY POOR COACHING from Timboon and matched some of the Timboon's coaches comments!!

Rylance and Thompson saved Timboon multiple times and deserve to be congratulated on their game.

One final barrel for Timboon. You can't give away 3 50 metre penalties in the last quarter of a grand final and expect to win. All 50's were there. Discipline at Timboon across the board was woeful.

On to South Rovers. Whilst they have some outright stars, it says alot for having a team of individuals who work hard for each other and coach that can get the best out of people.

A hard fought, thoroughly deserved win.
Well done Rovers- enjoy the party!

whaT A result!! gee i hate timboon!! i dont care how good they are they wont be successful with a dick of a coach like matho!! fair dinkum mick hunt.. sack ya friend and ya might go ok!!

FYI specially to those who have got no where else to go!

All is welcome - please PM me for futher info

The Fitzroy Stars FC are holding a BBQ to seek interest of potential players. The Northern Football League are seeking a list of potential players to coincide with our application, the NFL will be considering our entry into the NFL on Monday 10th December;

When:
This Wednesday 5th December 2007

Where:
Aborigines Advancement League
2 Watt Street, Thornbury

Time:
5.30pm Onwards

Supporters and any Interested Members are encouraged to come along, we hope to see you there.

coached dennington to a grand final appearance 2 years ago. fit as a fiddle and can play anywhere. played full back for koroit and played on ball at the dogs

whaT A result!! gee i hate timboon!! i dont care how good they are they wont be successful with a dick of a coach like matho!! fair dinkum mick hunt.. sack ya friend and ya might go ok!!

I dunno, they seemed to go pretty darned well until the last few games. :D There were alot of other dissapointing sides out there., should they all be sacked also. Don't know if Matho can be assed just cos they choked.

anyone know of any moves this year?

all i know is wagstaff is set to stay at timboon.
2 players from essendon dictrict league to allansford
murphy will stay at rovers and wont go to warrnambool
and apparently kolora have a big coupe?
and and news on dennington coach?

[
PLAYING COACH WANTED

Due to extreme circumstances Ararat Eagles, affiliated with the Lexton Plains Football League are seeking a playing coach for the 2008 season. Excellent playing and social room facilities with a young list to work with. Have been getting on average 24 players to training at the moment. For more information contact me throuogh a personal message. Closing date 8th Feb.

been a whisper that young gun steve oconnor from kolora-noorat has headed off to terang/mortlake.! any truth in the rumour? any other news?
Actually i did hear something about that. not sure if it is completely true cos i know his cousin from wbool and he isnt sure yet but it has been talked about.! should be a good pick up for the bloods tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back