Watson should have been MOTS.

Remove this Banner Ad

YOTC said:
Flintoff, Pollock and Afridi are tailenders?
They were pretty much throwing there wicket away trying to chase down a ridiculous run rate, you can hardly call Watsons bowling good, to dismiss these batsmen.

Starts are crucial in one dayers and thats what Gilly has been giving us.

sorry but watson cleaning up tail enders isnt good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BomberAUS said:
His 8 wickets were:

Sangakkara
Pietersen
Flintoff x2
Gayle
Vettori
Afridi
Pollock

Not too bad.

I wasn't trying to be funny :rolleyes:

1 - Its easy to get wickets when a teams batting second chasing 4000 trying to hit every ball out of the park.

Can you explain his career ODI average of 42 to me?

2 - Whether its this time or next you always try.

But sadly always fail.

Seacrest out.

eddiesmith said:
What did Gilly get, 180+ runs at 60 compared to Watsons 8 wickets @ 17, 1 innings with the bat

Gilly easily

you forgot to mention watson's great run out of pollock in game 2 ad sehwag in game 3, and his 2 BOG's. surely watto deserved it. gilly has received it o the back of his lightning ton in game 2 but well done gilly.

DynamoUltra said:
My thoughts exactly. If he wasn't man of the series, he shouldn't have won 2/3 man of the match awards.

No standout performances in any of the 2 matches, his first match wasnt superstar material, but he got it as it was a poor overall match

Gilly was far more consistent, and his MOM was a real standout and was still a solid contributor in the other 2

pluga_4 said:
you forgot to mention watson's great run out of pollock in game 2 ad sehwag in game 3, and his 2 BOG's. surely watto deserved it. gilly has received it o the back of his lightning ton in game 2 but well done gilly.

Gilly received on the back of the fact if it wasnt for Gilly, Australia may not have won the series

Watson deserved it for an all round performance- good with the bat, did well with the ball, effected a couple of runouts and was good in the field generally.

I think both players deserved it... or maybe it could have been shared.

Gilly's runs and SR = Watson's runs (from limited chances), 8 wickets, and 2 super run outs.

As for Watson's wickets being so called cheap wickets because the batsman where throwing the bat... bowler's still have to take the wickets, and you can't blame the bowler for batsmen throwing their wicket away going for the bash with 50% of their overs remaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson should have been MOTS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back