Wayne Brittain was Vossy's Assistant For One year only Why???

Remove this Banner Ad

thecubs08

Debutant
Jul 12, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the question has to be asked why did britt's quit after only one year as an an assistant coach to vossy ?

Did he not agree with the voss recruting philosophies ?

Who re enters the afl football world after a few years in exile for one year?

I don't believe wayne quit for business interests as was stated i think he was asked to go for second guessing a club stalwart,legend.untouchable man who didn't agree with vossy.

For what its worth britts was very critical of vossy's coaching on sen radio on sat night

I think the question has to be asked why did britt's quit after only one year as an an assistant coach to vossy ?

Did he not agree with the voss recruting philosophies ?

Who re enters the afl football world after a few years in exile for one year?

I don't believe wayne quit for business interests as was stated i think he was asked to go for second guessing a club stalwart,legend.untouchable man who didn't agree with vossy.

For what its worth britts was very critical of vossy's coaching on sen radio on sat night

Well the stated reason was for business interests, which you obviously already know. If you don't believe that then you can pretty much up anything you like and say it might be true. So, in the spirit of your post, I heard it's because Voss likes pulling the wings off fairies and drinks mead with hobgoblins.

Wow what an intelligent response

It's actually just to engage discussion clown so if ur not interested in offering a relevant thought or two don't reply and go back to playing pacman

Wow what an intelligent response

It's actually just to engage discussion clown so if ur not interested in offering a relevant thought or two don't reply and go back to playing pacman

It's got just as many facts in it as your post. :thumbsu: You're explicitly discarding the only known fact given it's six months later and there hasn't been any hint to the contrary so far. In other words, you're encouraging discussion without any basis in reality, so why limit your speculation to merely the borderline irrational?

From what I heard on MMM over the weekend, Brittain is in a very bad way with his golden staph infection and is now looking at the likelihood of losing his leg.

I think sometimes people try to hard to read into things, and when they do they start finding things that aren't even there. There really isn't much to add to the OP, it looks exactly the way it is, he left for buisness reasons. Anything else at this stage is completely made up. There are many posters on here that don't agree with the way Voss coaches as well. FWIW, i think Voss still needs a really good assistant coach to help out. To me, Voss is still learning the ways, which is fine and i accept that, but the assistant coaches he has around him ATM aren't any better than him. He needs a senior experienced coach, someone with fresh eyes and loads of experience to help out. I think Voss will develop as a coach faster if he could find such an assistant.

From what ive seen Brittain would learn more coaching the under 12s than he would from Voss, yes it sounds harsh, but when the going gets tough for Voss, he doesn't know how to handle it. We have a backline coach, midfield coach, forward coach and a senior coach, yet we still cant figure out kick- ins, we are the worst at clearances, and we struggle to kick 12 goals a game yet have 2 of the best forwards you will ever see. Seriously do these guys actually do anything or just rock up on Sat to collect there pay cheque?

Look its highly likely that it was more than business interests behind Brittain leaving. It could be anything from Voss being a control freak, him deciding he was not willing to put in the hours away from his family to him being dissatisfied about the treatment of his brother. The real reasons have been kept pretty much under raps but the fact that 4 assistants left at the same time obviously caused more than a few eyebrows to be raised. Its a shame that the guys who we got in to replace the guys that left haven't been able to delivery anything of note with the players we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Common sense suggests that you guys should of picked a coach with some experience , one that has done an apprenticeship. Maybe you guys pulled the trigger on Leathal a year too early and should of done the Buckley , Malthouse thing.

Voss would of benefitted from that 10 fold

Funny, Voss was doing okay last year when most (more than 14) of our 22 could stay on the park... in fact he got us back into finals, for the first time in 5 years.

However now that he's had to deal with a list decimated by injuries, he's a dud. Yeah okay.

That's right paulige, he isn't even through his 2nd year as coach and people want his head. What i don't get is that clearly we are having troubles this year, and clearly we aren't playing the standard of footy we are capable of, due to many factors. Why Voss should be hung out to dry is beyond me.

It would be like the Hawks cutting Clarkson after winning a flag and missing finals the following year. Very similar situation, team had a successful year, then underperformed and were killed by injuries the next year. On top of this, our team has had 30-35 games with Voss in charge, about 11 of those with different assistant coaches and players. We are playing a different type of game plan to Lethal, which our players are still learning, and we've had an influx of 3-4 new players from other clubs who also have to pick up this game plan as well as gel with the rest of the team. We then have, due to injury, a lot of young kids player, many of whom started the year in single digits for games played at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Brittain was Vossy's Assistant For One year only Why???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back