Wayne Carey - "Footy Confidential"

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't. Why didn't any of the footy channels want him? I think he's one of the more intelligent and articulate ex-footballers on tv.

It's because of his private life, and what he's done in the past, which is a shame because the likes of Clinton Grybas have said in the past, how he was keen to learn about the craft of television, and really picked his brain, about how to present yourself.

And, although I think that shouldn't be the major reason why he wasn't picked up, but when you compare him with the likes of Schwartz, Banfield & Olarenshaw, you have to wonder don't you ?.

Also, the Kangas should get him back again in some capacity,either on or off the field, (I think it was Damien Barrett, who said this last week in his article about a 6 point plan for the Kangaroos) because like with Kevin Bartlett with Richmond, it's a shame that one your club greats isn't involved with the club he made his name in.

Can't believe how rude Caroline Wilson is.
Chris Conolly is a guest on the show, He clear starts of with a tounge in cheek joke and she goes straight below the belt with a job question to start with. Like Liberty to the US and Mother Russia to Russia, she may as well be to Richmond. The very embodiment of one that would eat her young.
I posted on the Freo board aboutthis. She really should treat people who keep her in a job (like AFL coaches) with at least a bit of respect.

Footy Confidential- Your opinions?

Personally I find this program extremely insightful and entertaining. Hard questions are asked and topics are properly discussed. There's always a great argument or two…or ten.

Opinions?

Re: Footy Confidential- Your opinions?

its a bit staged in my belief..they are making out they dont get along and theres these little tiffs and so on...BUT they are hamming it up for the cameras in my view...

Caroline wilsonn on the jumper clashes was one....everyone in footy agrees we need alternate strips...she was playing devils advocate for the sake of it...for the cameras in other words.

That said I do watch it

Agree with Caro on the clash jumpers. Didn't seem to need them in the days of black and white TV, did they? These days we rarely even see mud covered guernseys. Why has everyone suddenly got bad eyesight?

Agree with Caro on the clash jumpers. Didn't seem to need them in the days of black and white TV, did they? These days we rarely even see mud covered guernseys. Why has everyone suddenly got bad eyesight?

your team wears red and white...no jumper clashes there..have you watched a freo V melb game lately...the game is ten times faster that ten years ago also...making jumoper clashes an issue

its a bit staged in my belief..they are making out they dont get along and theres these little tiffs and so on...BUT they are hamming it up for the cameras in my view...

Caroline wilsonn on the jumper clashes was one....everyone in footy agrees we need alternate strips...she was playing devils advocate for the sake of it...for the cameras in other words.

That said I do watch it

At times it can seem a bit staged...but hey...what show doesn’t?

The arguments, although hammed up at times, definitely have some truth behind them (all abuse/ arguments do). They are not all the best of friends.

yea i like it. Caroline gives me the shits....much more so than when she was on talking footy. Duck is great. Knows his stuff and gives a good insight to what a player would think. I don't mind Hutchy. Comes across like a bit of a dick but is prepared to ask some tough questions. Gary doesn't add that much on his own. Together it makes for a firey bunch and they cover some good stuff.

Any footy related show is worth a look IMO. If we are prepared to log on here and observe endless dribble then watching a couple of guys who know what they are on about and a couple of journo's who will give ya the goss is no big stretch.

your team wears red and white...no jumper clashes there..have you watched a freo V melb game lately...the game is ten times faster that ten years ago also...making jumoper clashes an issue

Jeez, I wish they'd hurry up and invent high definition screens so we can aid our collective deteriorating eyesight.

Why not make the jumpers as different as possible? ****ing Caroline Wilson has no ****ing idea it's ****ing ridiculous.

Based on that argument you'd be happy to watch footy in black and white filmed from 3 or 4 cameras?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I think all of the arguments are contrived and no doubt prepared and rehearsed. It obviously makes for better TV.
I think the combined IQ of the panel would be slightly under that of a wombat (no offence to wombats).

I agree, Wayne Carey's the best panellist on "Footy Confidential", and I was suprised that neither Channel 7, 10 or Foxtel picked him up (yes, we ALL KNOW WHY THAT WAS THE CASE)

I actually suspect part of the reason he's working at nine is that he did have a contract with Foxtel last night (as did Caro) and as a result of Foxtel pulling back their AFL's panel shows, they were able to switch him to Nine (given the association between nine and Foxtel).

The conflict is certainly hammed up a bit- they know that's what makes the show interesting, but this week was a bit OTT. As in most weeks, Carey is carrying the show.

As for Caro, she's just a rather sad individual. Somewhere along the line she's fallen in love with the idea of being a 'hard hitting' sports journalist, and thinks that being actively rude and bulldog aggressive to everyone she speaks to somehow compensates for her total lack of football knowledge. Parasite making a living writing gossip column trip about the AFL, yet inexplicably thinks its players, coaches and officials owe her.

I'm no Chris Connolly fan, but he would have been within his rights to walk off. If you're an AFL coach and you've taken the time to do press on the opposite side of the country, the least they can do is show you the basic levels of human respect, let you finish your sentences and lay off the shrill 'you haven't answered the question! you haven't answered the question!' theatrics for at least the first minute or so.

And Kangaroos vs Collingwood on ANZAC Day.

Lost me after he said that.

Remember that for 50 or so years each team had a go at ANZAC Day and couldn't get it right, Collingwood & Essendon have turned the day into what it is and thats why they play in it every year.

Apart from that great show, I love the way Wayne just gives it to that ****er and trans.

Agree again.

Caroline Wilson is rude, arrogant and selfish. For goodness sake let the people finish off their sentences. I dont why she does this all the time. Then she asks "are you finished yet?" when she tried to behave.

Its common courtesy to let people finish off what their saying before jumping in.

And Kangaroos vs Collingwood on ANZAC Day.

Got it half right. ;) North Melbourne's our name FFS.

He didn't make any sense with this comment

he said he reckons the game needs to be shared around so that all teams get a go, and then he goes but they would need to play a big club like the pies to get a good crowd and atmosphere

either u share it round and the game goes back to being just another game of footy like it was prior to 95, or u leave it as it is now

CC should have ripped into Caro for her absolute disrepectfullness and rudeness, not forgetting he flies across the country to talk to them.

She's a no idea journo, and who gives a f*** if he doesn't answer the question, you wouldn't see her doing that to Sheeds and he goes off track every press interview he does

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey - "Footy Confidential"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back