Wayne Carey retirement/tribute thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by apollo_creed
Wayne's number @ the Kangaroos 18

Wayne's number @ the Crows 2

18+2=20

Would my calculations be correct?

Considering that our #20's career overlaped our former #18's career by just one year, it's pretty unlikely that he's the one.

Try thinking of another prodigal son and you'll get there.

Originally posted by Shinboners
Considering that our #20's career overlaped our former #18's career by just one year, it's pretty unlikely that he's the one.

Try thinking of another prodigal son and you'll get there.

How about

Wayne Carey's old Kanaroo number - Martin Pike's old kangaroo number (i think) = This players current number

Any closer?

Here's some cryptic clues:

Get Peter Chisnal's number multiply by John Cassin's number divide by Arnie Briedis and add Stephen Easton's lowest number with the addition of the square root digit to get Xavier Tanner's number.

If that doesn't make much sense....Get Adrian McAdam's number, double that and that leaves you with a year....then the dashing blonde defender who played 11 games will leave you with the guernsey jumper of that particular year.

One last crack......add the numbers of all team captains who's teams wear yellow and subtract the guernsey number worn by Shannon Motlop.

Originally posted by tashibatts
So it's Shannon Motlop you have to subtract?

The answer with Watt I could kind of understand, the other.. I find a little strange.

Go Roos

Ah, strange but true > I even had to question that myself but my 'first hand reliable source' definately reconfirmed it as the words came from the horses mouth.

Originally posted by HappyDays

Stevo says he's just one person at the club and the club is bigger than the individual and Carey deserves to come back.

I think that there have been signs in things that have been said especially by Archer that attitudes are now softening. That's not to say anyone has forgiven WC, but just that time marches on and people need to get on with the realities of life.

I would expect that the club would respect the feelings of Stevo and not do anything that would harm it's relationship with him, Arch, and anyone else who was affected by the incident, but it appears that Stevo and Arch for the good of the club are prepared to put the issue behind them.

Obviously their love of the NMFC transcends their own personal feelings.

Perhaps this more than anything will draw Wayne back sooner rather than later.

thanks for the memories wayne it was a prevlidge to watch you strut your stuff for the north melbourne footy club i am also prevlidged to have every game you played for us from1993 on video i will dedicate a week of my life to go back in time and watch all these games with the fondest memories as a mark of respect for you and all you have done for our club thank you wayne carey. join in the chorus amen . all the best in all your future plans , i hope you get back to arden st in the future as well . good luck.

I thought the new five was one of the players to go and meet with Carey at his appartment about a week after he (Carey) left North. New five was wearing a two at that stage elsewhere.

Since the incident that saw Wayne leave the club I hated him....
but after seeing the highlights of his career that have been all over the TV since he announced his retirement I have realised that I have been hating him for the wrong reasons.
I can't hate him anymore!
After the '99 Grand Final my family and I went down to Arden St. on the way home from Echuca and Carey passed me his beer before getting up on stage to speak. I was 12 and it was my first taste of beer. Thanx Wayne for all the great memories...
The best player I can remember ( I know I'm not that old, but still)
:D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey retirement/tribute thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back