WBBL10

Remove this Banner Ad

Devine coming in will help a lot, but it still looks a squad lacking depth.

Seems 2 out all out still even with her. Jones is handy but is it the best use of your international spot? Could you not have just picked Kaur up and hit a local keeper?

Mooney will get you a solid 30 or 40, but wont hurt you as much with the pace of her scoring. She got found out a bit in the World Cup not attacking the powerplay hard enough. eg semi-final game being in case.

Won’t blame her in the semi what I do blame is the really silly idea of Whareham at 3 and even McGrath at 4 with the most form bat in Lichfield in the sheds.

Jones isn’t even keeping, Mooney is. There is another international to come too, Hemalatha.

That makes the Jones decision worse. Get a genuine bat, yes I know Jones is solid but that’s about all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dang what happened to the Stars? I feel asleep during that chase but if you cant chase 122 at the WACA, you must be a pretty a bad batting side.

Tried to hit every second ball for six and got out plus they didn’t respect the two really good bowlers Perth had and played conservatively

Game 4 from Blundstone:

Hobart Hurricanes Women (Playing XI): Danielle Wyatt-Hodge, Lizelle Lee(w), Nicola Carey, Elyse Villani(c), Heather Graham, Chloe Tryon, Tabatha Saville, Kathryn Bryce, Molly Strano, Lauren Smith, Callie Wilson

Sydney Thunder Women (Playing XI): Chamari Athapaththu, Georgia Voll, Phoebe Litchfield(c), Tahlia Wilson(w), Georgia Adams, Anika Learoyd, Sammy-Jo Johnson, Ella Briscoe, Hannah Darlington, Shabnim Ismail, Samantha Bates

Sydney Thunder Women have won the toss and have opted to field

Average score batting first at the Blundstone from 20 WBBL games played here is 142.3 Runs.

Can the Hobart Hurricanes post more than that today? That Thunder lineup does seem a bit top heavy with their batting especially their top 5, than drops off significantly.

I know Suzie Bates has been out of form , despite winning a World Cup. But when she gets there for the Canes, they would be even more solid .

Heather Knight comes in for Thunder next game that’s a lot more solid

Remove this Banner Ad

WBBL10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back