EagleCanival

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Tonight i decided to start playing a drinking game with one simple rule
Drink when Matt Priddis hits a target by foot
I didn't really think it through and appear as sober as a nun, anyone else got any?

fair to say Razzals last game of his career tonight. thought Cripps at least gave something

I'm no razzle dazzle fan but I recall cripps missing just an easy shot at goal in the first quarter

i knew he'd miss that kick, unfortuanetly for me and my broken remote i was correct (it's seriously broken)
I think everyone knew he would miss. He looked around and wanted to play on and then was talking to himself when he was lining up. It's just absolutely ridiculous how many players miss from 15-30 metres out. Completely unacceptable from a professional, paid footballer.

I think everyone knew he would miss. He looked around and wanted to play on and then was talking to himself when he was lining up. It's just absolutely ridiculous how many players miss from 15-30 metres out. Completely unacceptable from a professional, paid footballer.
i kind of fell bad for the kid if he is unconfident from kicking 20 metres out he should just hang up the boots now. Which is dissapointing i really thought he was a class act after his few games with the lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i kind of fell bad for the kid if he is unconfident from kicking 20 metres out he should just hang up the boots now. Which is dissapointing i really thought he was a class act after his few games with the lions
Even worse when he's 26.

I didn't really think it through and appear as sober as a nun, anyone else got any?

ive got a better game. every time darren glass kicks a goal, or mark lecras gets a hitout to advantage, or jack darling makes a spoil in the back fifty, we have a drink. every time they dont, we understand the game of football has players that have roles that they are designated to play.

if for some reason players are forced to use skills outside of their specific role, then we have two drinks for every one of their team mates that forced them into that situation.

ive got a better game. every time darren glass kicks a goal, or mark lecras gets a hitout to advantage, or jack darling makes a spoil in the back fifty, we have a drink. every time they dont, we understand the game of football has players that have roles that they are designated to play.

if for some reason players are forced to use skills outside of their specific role, then we have two drinks for every one of their team mates that forced them into that situation.
every AFL footballer should be able to kick the ball exceptionally well when given 5+ metres, i know kicking is obviously not his strong point but it was a critical flaw in his game which he should have worked on in the pre season.

Are you saying that priddis' role does not require him to hit targets by foot?

Oh and if glass kicks a goal ill be drinking a carton in celebration

every AFL footballer should be able to kick the ball exceptionally well when given 5+ metres, i know kicking is obviously not his strong point but it was a critical flaw in his game which he should have worked on in the pre season.

i disagree on kicking being an absolute necessity. darren glass circa 2002 - 2009/10 couldnt hit a target to save himself, worsfold has changed his role to make him the sweeper, and he has proved adequate in kicking to players who are free while he is free himself. i doubt he could pick the ball out of a pack and deliver a buckley-like 60m pass to hit kennedy on the left nip.

pragmatically, priddis will never be in the top 90% of kicks in the competition. he may very well be the worst kick in the competition - i dont follow the youngest ruckmens careers too closely. however, that is not the point.

priddis is in the side to put his head over the ball at each stoppage, pick it up and use his extremely quick hands to the advantage of his outside players. just because his outside players are being outcoached and outplayed necessitating the infamous priddis 'throwitontheleftbootandkcikittwentyfivemetresup,twentyfivemetresforward' doesnt decrease the value he brings to the team one iota.

Are you saying that priddis' role does not require him to hit targets by foot?

Oh and if glass kicks a goal ill be drinking a carton in celebration

he has to hit targets by foot as much as the average second ruckman and full back has to hit targets by foot. his role is to get hands on the footy and handpass to players who are actually half decent by foot.

Much better drinking every time he kicks a helicopter. Before downing shot call out "permission for take off" then away you go. Works well when watching the game with mates.

he has to hit targets by foot as much as the average second ruckman and full back has to hit targets by foot. his role is to get hands on the footy and handpass to players who are actually half decent by foot.

Doesn't mean he should not work on his kicking, so that in the situation where every other midfielder is to blame for the way the game went, he can at least kick it at an AFL level. Because I am pretty sure that no AFL player should/would train for a best case scenario all of the time.

Much better drinking every time he kicks a helicopter. Before downing shot call out "permission for take off" then away you go. Works well when watching the game with mates.
i should've thought of that, instead everytime he got it i was just asking my brother which carlton player was going to mark it

Doesn't mean he should not work on his kicking, so that in the situation where every other midfielder is to blame for the way the game went, he can at least kick it at an AFL level. Because I am pretty sure that no AFL player should/would train for a best case scenario all of the time.
are you actually suggesting that the coaching staff havent worked with him on his kicking?

are you actually suggesting that the coaching staff havent worked with him on his kicking?

This is a problem either way : I'd be really worried if they haven't been working on his kicking and if they have they're not getting very good results

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE Drinking Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back