WCE v WB

Remove this Banner Ad

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
well what a ****house start this has been :(

Lynch is being totally outclass (as Rawlings lines up for his third in half a quarter).

still same old problems, if we can't get the ball than we don't stand a chance. Rawlings kicks his third.

Need to tighten up.

Early days, but we are staring the down the barrel of an early loss which we just can't afford.

Gardiner on the field, and has got 50. Goal number 2. this is how we must get back into the match.

how much better do we look with Gardiner on the field.

We're back in the game now, and he looks every bit of making the same impact as last year.

Lynch as had an ordinary first quarter. He's one guy we need to stand up this season.

Likewise, MacDougall been quiet.

52-48 now.

Come on lads. We've got all the momentum after that dreaful start.

Gardiner kicked 3 and has played about half the game. He is a champ.

Matera to line up to put us in front.

By **** i'm a big fan of Darcy, but if he keeps doing this all year (not jumping in the ruck) than the AFL must do something and quick.

AND WE"RE IN FRONT!!!

Up and down first half, started very slow, great fight back thanks to gardi, judd and cuz. Half time and we've got our noses infront, the third 1/4 will be crucial, what a start if we win! COME ON EAGLESSSSSS!!!!

WHAT A GAME!!!

Sampi did nothing all game,woosha throws him on the ball in the last 5mins and he steals it.....U Beauty!!!!!
What a shocking start but to see the team lift as one when MichaelS(the big show) Gadiner came on was a treat....

Bring on the Power.

Great game and great win.....but...............

Our defence was shocking (Wirra excepted). Lynch was very poor and Green was terrible. Staker still lacks confidence. At least Carroll had a go, despite his lack of ability.

Doogs was a failure, Haynes was much better on this form.

Cuz was a legend and the underdone Gardy played above all expectations once Cox couldn't handle the impeding tactics odf Darcy. Great first half for Judd, cameo roles for Sampi, Embley and Chipper in second half. Fletch and Braun consistently good. Chooky quiet. Fido super. Jako gave 100% as usual. Humm..hmmmm.

Port will murder our defence if we play like today.

**** YEAH!!! what a brilliant game, i was ****ting myself at the start of the last 1/4, what a great way to start the year! I was consistently yelling and jumping up and down for 3 hours great win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW!

what a game. i've had the good fortune of being in melbourne for the last week and i was able to go the docklands to watch todays game. i was on such a high on the way home. it was also the first time that i've hug a strange man.

you beauty. well done eagles.

The run-down

Don't burn yourselves out, guys. Still 21 more rounds of this (and then hopefully 4 more). Geez, likewise my voice is still hoarse and only just recovering. Your voice never does justice to the song after a win like that, does it? I sounded bloody awful, worse than Shannon Noll. Anyways, what a fighting win it was by the boys. The good: Judd was juddsational (a new word in the Eagles dictionary from now on) in the first half, Cuz was cool and composed most the way throughout, Gardi simply awesome considering his pre-season, Fido presented himself throughout. Had cameos by Braun, Jones and Ashley "Mr. Clutch vs. The Dogs" Sampi just loves munching on Bulldog patties, doesn't he? Made a tough initiation for Cooney into the AFL. Looks like another season we're were leading the league in scoring.

The bad: Banfield's injury. Looked bad on the replay, let's hope he's out for not more than a month. Poor efforts by Lynch, Chick, Embers and Doogs, and Adkins just consistently gets us into trouble. Having 137 points kicked against us in a win-not a good thing. Defense has to shape up next week against Port-it'll be a very difficult match. They were in great form vs. the Dons (Our next two opponents-We should focus on this match a fair bit).

Today was a match nobody deserved to lose-another draw would have been fitting. Our ruck and midfield wasn't extremely potent-it seemed that whoever had the ascendency and momentum at a stage had the dominance in the centre and at the stoppages. We have to do a better job at the centre breaks. In the first quarter, Cox was too enthusiastic, he was flying far too early in the contests-one minor downfall of his game. Dog's fans can rightfully be angered by the umpires in this one-I think we came out far winners in that corner. But all in all, what a game. It's been a long, dry summer and that is why we all looked forward to round 1, people. What a droughtbreaker.

What a game!!! Just absolutely amazing!!

Cousins, Judd and Gardiner were the standouts. Just magnificent, all three of them. Phillip Matera is a hero to the people!

When we got slaughtered in those first 10 minutes I thought we were in for a long afternoon but once Gardiner came on it all turned around. I cant remember watching a better game of football in some time!

CARN THE EAGLES!!!

Originally posted by Frodo
I didn't think Adkins or Embers played badly.

I agree. In fact I thought Embley did really well and Adkins did his job.

Originally posted by Frodo
I also thought that Cox didn't go too early, Darcy just impeded him by running under the ball and not attempting a contest, pure obstruction and should have been penalised.

Trust early in the game he did jump too early. Darcy's tactics were a bit ordinary though.

Still only seen the first half. general comments:

Gardiner was sensational, and didn't look at all to have any injury clouds......

Judd was just awesome every time he was near the ball.

Fletcher and Cousins just accumalted all day.

VERY impressed with Adkins.

Doogs and Embers and Sampi were a bit quiet.

Carroll and Lynch struggled on Rawlings.

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE v WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back