We can snag another big name player

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2008
PRINCES PARK
AFL Club
Carlton
Heard Swanny on the m's on Saturday and he sounded very comfortable about where we are with our salary cap. He mentioned that Judd (Obviously) and Stevo and Fev are the guys that cost us the most and from there they are all babies (his words) which got me thinking who would we want the most that might be able at the end of this year?

JB, Kerr any of the unsigned Cats (think they will do a Brissy and stay together) anyone else you know of that would suit the navy blue???

Heard Swanny on the m's on Saturday and he sounded very comfortable about where we are with our salary cap. He mentioned that Judd (Obviously) and Stevo and Fev are the guys that cost us the most and from there they are all babies (his words) which got me thinking who would we want the most that might be able at the end of this year?

JB, Kerr any of the unsigned Cats (think they will do a Brissy and stay together) anyone else you know of that would suit the navy blue???
After watching last nights game a swingman at CHF/CHB like Drew Petrie would fit well in my opinion, he went forward and was major influence with 3 second half goals, got the aerobic capacity for todays style of CHF. Not sure if there is many around the league like this though.

Who is unsigned

If any quality big name defender is on the movie - i say we have a massive crack. However keeping a first round pick is essential. The midfield gets a tick, and with Fev in the forward line we should be all guns blazing, however if any quality big name defender is on the move - i say we have a massive crack. However keeping our first round pick is essential.

I think we should have a massive Crack at Matthew Egan from Geelong. With significant pressure being put on their salary cap towards the end of this year, he could be a player that they may deem expendable if the right trade came about.

As he is out for the year, if geelong do go on to win this years Premiership without him, they may feel that they can afford to offload him for low draft pick's, as this would obviosuly relieve some pressure on their salary cap and they would gain access to some more quality young talent.

It is all about balancing out their list so this may be an option for Geelong. For us on the otherhnad Egan would be an ideal pickup and we could most likely be able to offer him more money than Geelong can.

It will be interesting to see how Geelong will keep all their players together...

Forget all the little men. The Blues are desperate for a 196cm or taller CHF & CHB.
We ain't going nowhere till we geta couple of big KP players.
All our "so called talls" like Waite, Jamison, Fisher, Thornton, Bower, Austin etc are only around 192-3cm.
Waite is truely a wingman.
Jamison may stay at FB providng he has a tall, tough CHB in front of him
The others are only HF Flankers or HB Flankers.
We must beg, steal or borrow some big KP players

I think we should have a massive Crack at Matthew Egan from Geelong. With significant pressure being put on their salary cap towards the end of this year, he could be a player that they may deem expendable if the right trade came about.

As he is out for the year, if geelong do go on to win this years Premiership without him, they may feel that they can afford to offload him for low draft pick's, as this would obviosuly relieve some pressure on their salary cap and they would gain access to some more quality young talent.

It is all about balancing out their list so this may be an option for Geelong. For us on the otherhnad Egan would be an ideal pickup and we could most likely be able to offer him more money than Geelong can.

It will be interesting to see how Geelong will keep all their players together...
Egan's already signed! the only major players yet to re-sign are Harley (who will stay), chappy and another who i cant think off. but i think there is a few guys like Prismall (who in my mind is a certainty to leave) that have no signed.

The ball game is changing now that the Gold Coast will have the first 5 picks plus something like picks 14,21,33 & 45 (Total 9)
You may find that clubs will be inclined to keep players rather get a "pig in a poke" down in the list from 20 to 70

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh trying to land another 'big gun' player and focusing on that, is a bit like putting all your eggs in one basket ..
I'd prefer it if we concentrated more on the under 18 carnival coming up, and actually develop/push on our list a few more, but drafting a future star CHF, another pacey midfielder, and another tall key defender (big hit list I know)

I honestly think lesser star players from other clubs like Mundy or Warnock are worth a big shot ...

I'm comfortable with our list right now, and believe me, I doubt Jono Brown will leave Brisbane, he loves the club, and he just is holding out for the best deal possible for his financial future. He is a great player, but he always has struck me as the loyal type.

Meh trying to land another 'big gun' player and focusing on that, is a bit like putting all your eggs in one basket ..
I'd prefer it if we concentrated more on the under 18 carnival coming up, and actually develop/push on our list a few more, but drafting a future star CHF, another pacey midfielder, and another tall key defender (big hit list I know)

I honestly think lesser star players from other clubs like Mundy or Warnock are worth a big shot ...

I'm comfortable with our list right now, and believe me, I doubt Jono Brown will leave Brisbane, he loves the club, and he just is holding out for the best deal possible for his financial future. He is a great player, but he always has struck me as the loyal type.
Yes but Freo fans are expecting early to mid 1st rounders:rolleyes:

I'd rather draft the "next big thing," than try some duds who can't get a gig in Freo's team:p

Forget all the little men. The Blues are desperate for a 196cm or taller CHF & CHB.
We ain't going nowhere till we geta couple of big KP players.
All our "so called talls" like Waite, Jamison, Fisher, Thornton, Bower, Austin etc are only around 192-3cm.
Waite is truely a wingman.
Jamison may stay at FB providng he has a tall, tough CHB in front of him
The others are only HF Flankers or HB Flankers.
We must beg, steal or borrow some big KP players
Or maybe develop some of your own?
FFS

Yes but Freo fans are expecting early to mid 1st rounders:rolleyes:

I'd rather draft the "next big thing," than try some duds who can't get a gig in Freo's team:p

They want early to mid 1st rounders for players who can't get a game....gee Freo supporters are tools!!

Maybe we could get a top five pick for Benji or Saddo then??

It may seem strange but I think Miller from Melbourne would be a good fit. He can play CHF and CHB, has physical pressence and has not achieived to his full potential.

It would be a bit of gamble, but I think we would get him for a second round pick and he would possibly thrive on the change of environment.

It may seem strange but I think Miller from Melbourne would be a good fit. He can play CHF and CHB, has physical pressence and has not achieived to his full potential.

It would be a bit of gamble, but I think we would get him for a second round pick and he would possibly thrive on the change of environment.

Personally I think Miller would come for a 3rd round.

We need another tall target up forward to help Fevola out, and this is the type of player i would looking for in this years trade period. Not sure who is out of contract aside from JB, but maybe someone like Kosi, if we could get him accross.

I'd also have a look another small quick forward to compliment Eddie, and the bloke that would be in my sights would be Travis Varcoe. He'd get so much more game time at Princes Park, however, i'm not sure what his contract status is.

We will either get Kerr or Brown, to be honest id rather Brown because him and Fev will be the forward unit not to be messed with!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We can snag another big name player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back