We need proof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Crumb

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The club has outlined some reasons why Aker has been dismissed however saying a 'breach of trust' and other issues won't cut it with many bulldog members.
Aker on radio has dismissed these allegations and says the club has no proof.
I for one would like the club to come out and give some specific information and examples of why he has been shown the door so close to the finals.
In normal circumstances I would be happy for the club to keep it 'in-house' however if Aker is going to slag the club and it's leadership team then they should get on the front foot and give us something...
I fear membership might suffer next year and the club is being labelled as petty and pathetic from outsiders...

The club has outlined some reasons why Aker has been dismissed however saying a 'breach of trust' and other issues won't cut it with many bulldog members.
I for one would like the club to come out and give some specific information and examples of why he has been shown the door so close to the finals.
In normal circumstances I would be happy for the club to keep it 'in-house' however if Aker is going to slag the club and it's leadership team then they should get on the front foot and give us something...
I fear membership might suffer next year and the club is being labelled as petty and pathetic from outsiders...

Like what?? Maybe Eade should update his Rocket Science biography to keep you happy Harry?
BTW. Anyone of our 35k members that jump off over this, dont deserve to the privelage.

Disagree, although I woudl like to know the inside story out of interest.

I think the whole player rift was evident earlier in the year and was partly to blame for Akers form slump. I remember watching some of his earlier games where he was clear and calling for the ball only to be overlooked. Watching on television its hard to know if he was overlooked as soemone else was in a better position or soem player were excluding him.

Be interest to know if anyone else noticed this earlier in the season and had further thoughts on it.

whilst I would have prefered us to retain his services until the end of the year, regardless of motive I value the decision making ability of our club to decide what is in the best interests of our club:thumbsu:

Obviously the club has proof otherwise they wouldn't have sacked him - they don't owe us anything.

Honestly, some of this stuff is getting beyond a joke.

Did the club sack him?
He is being payed out the rest of his contract ... but he will not be picked.
It strikes me they have in effect told him to have a long break and after that you're welcome to find another home.

Seriously I often question the logic of our supporters.

We do not need proof. There is enough out there to show Aker was a distruptive influence with the group.

I still beleive it was a good move to get Aker and his 3 years here were worth it. However, this year he has lost his mojo and the respect of his fellow players who go out into battle each week. Therefore he goes.

At the level he was playing this year he would berely be in our best 25 so to say if we do not win the premiership this year then it was because we sacked Aker is utter rubbish. If we do not it is because we are not good enough.

A seperate issue is our leadership group which I do think needs to deliver in a big game at a key moment, which none of them have done at any stage.

Just for the record I couldn't give a stuff if the club says nothing and just moves on.
I was making a comment based on OTHER members statements in the past 24 hours. They are ripping up memberships and threatening not to renew next year.
This will hurt the club $$'s next year. Just wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was making a comment based on OTHER members statements in the past 24 hours. They are ripping up memberships and threatening not to renew next year.

Who is ripping up their memberships though?

Carlton fans flooded the radio talkback when Fev was traded and said they would rip up their membership tickets. Their membership increased this year.

Just for the record I couldn't give a stuff if the club says nothing and just moves on.

These same 'supporters' will not renew if we don't win the flag this year, anyway.

I'm not saying you're wrong on that point, I'm just saying there are fickle dero's at every club and the club can't control that sort of bullshit.

The best thing that the Western Bulldogs can do is this.....

" Put their heads down, backsides up, work hard for the next 10 weeks and win the 2010 grand final"

If they achieved that, no one would give the Aker sacking a second thought.

Sheesh.
It's not like one of the legends of OUR club was booted. A legend at Brisbane perhaps.
Handy player for the doggies, but time caught up with him.
Think of it this way, No Aker equals potentially more game time into Everitt/Moles if they are good enough to earn a spot in the 22. No media crap week by week in the lead up to the finals about them over taking Akermanis etc.
It's a win for us.
And you are soft and not a doggies fan if you stop being a bulldog member because of this bloke.

And what would you count as proof anyway? At the moment it's Aker's word :rolleyes: - shown to be unreliable - against the word of the president, footy manager, coach and players. It's not as if they woke up yesterday and suddenly said, Let's get rid of Aker. The process has been ongoing, cumulative and no doubt thoroughly documented by the club (no, Harry, they are not going to show you :p). That's why the Players' Association is quiet; they would have seen all the information needed.

What's apparent to me is that a lot of members/supporters have an inflated opinion of what their membership/support entitles them to. :cool:

Truely the stupidist thing said so far on this issue - u have no idea. No members, no club - simple. lets all not buy a membership next year and watch the bulldogs slide into the vic amateurs along with fitzroy. The problem at the dogs is that we have a president and leadership grp who are more loyal to the afl's line than to the club. They dont care about the bulldogs they care about the business. Their focus isnt on winning premierships it on makin enough money to stay afloat.

The big clubs understand that the best way to do that is to win premierships - but its also the hardest. Take WCE for example - if the people who were in charge when they won their last premiership were today in charge of the dogs they would have come out and waved their prverbials at the media and the afl telling them to bugger off. they would have told any disgruntled players to shut up and play. Their president would have told the world that aker is a Bulldogs player and NoOne picks on a dog without being bitten. Our president cowered in the corner shat his daks and towed the party line - the true muppet loser he is! Then they invented some bullshit excuses that wouldnt stand up in kangaroo court and even had the tenacity to involve the players.

A real president would have told all those involved to pull their heads out of their asses. If Murphs Johnno Higgins and co were upset that aker was the root of their pathetic seasons so far then it says alot about the mental "balls" of these so called champs. And unfortunately its why this team lead by the great backflipping artist known as Rodney Eade ( who is also a liar - hes in the mix hes in the mix) will never win anything apart from our disdain.

If my employer sacked me it would not be up to them to make the reasons for my sacking public. If Akermanis feels he has been unfairly sacked, take it to the fair trade council, or whoever it is that judges dismissals as fair or unfair. But the club should make nothing public if it feels it is inappropriate to do so.

PROOF

In breach of his media clause, he changed an article after the club had reviewed it. Then he lied to say the HUN changed it and finally fessed up.

He spoke to Sam Newman about internal happenings at the club. Sam of course lied to say he overheard it, (saying he overheard him talking to Steve Moron Price), still a breach anyway

Proof enough that he can't keep his trap shut.

Now get on with it, get over Aker and lets thrash Freo.:mad:

I don't think they actually have proof that is a legitimate reason to fire him, hence paying out his contract. They sacked him because they do not like him, and think he is passed it. This has Eades fingerprints all over it.

They just figured they can have a shitstorm now, and get it over and done with and concentrate on footy, or hear Aker whinging for the rest of the season about why isn't he being played week in and week out.

I think this will only be the case if radio station MTR becomes an AFL team and start selling memberships!

No, seriously, one way to stop people ripping up their memberships is to beat Fremantle on Sunday and all will be forgotten

No proof required.

Any attempt to prove the clubs case would simply add to the distraction and drag it out longer.

No further comment please!!!!

i posted in one of the 45 million threads about this how on monday night malthouse was on footy classified, was asked about the milne thing, by one of the leeches

looked em square in the eye

"its done and dusted, im not gonna talk about it anymore"

then there was a pause and he ever so slightly shifted as if to get out of his chair and leave, and one of the other leeches asked a question

this should be our attitude

from EVERYONE in AT and AROUND the club in my opinion

review it in october if you can still be bothered, we really do have more important stuff going on

Agree Flight23.

It's like a playground stoush. If both sides keep hitting back it will just keep feeding energy and publicity. If one side says "that's enough" it will quickly die away and TFS and The Hun will be forced to find some other beat-up to get viewers / sell papers.

We did the right thing by making sure there wasn't an empty chair on TFS (and everyone would then have said we were cowards).

Now we should say "that's enough" ... "it's done and dusted". And get on with playing footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

We need proof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back