We should get Nick Davis back

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2004
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Sydney are using Nick Davis as trade bait then we should put a bid in to get him back. There was a rumour mid-year that he wanted to come back, and if we forgive and forget about two years ago and be rational, we would all agree that he is a very good player. I'd give up our second round pick or O'Bree. But we should try and use O'Bree to get Johnstone first.

no thanks,

if we do nothing better then a 3rd rounder is all i'd offer, we got jipped and only got a 2nd rounder off them and that was when he had potential his value has dropped a packed since he went to sydney

If we should do anything it is to get into his ear and tell him they don't want him and he should walk into the PSD. We might get him with pick 4. If not he ends up costing the club who he plays for nothing so he has less pressure on him. That ought to appeal to him. I'd be very reluctant to pay a decent price for him. Huge talent but no brain or heart.

Even if we pick him up in the PSD he'd need a shrink, a security blanket and a wet nurse.

Been there done that, if a decent bloke like Roos wants him gone then there's little hope for him.

I dont want him unless he wants us. Thats unlikely.

you idiot sheehan said:
If Sydney are using Nick Davis as trade bait then we should put a bid in to get him back. There was a rumour mid-year that he wanted to come back, and if we forgive and forget about two years ago and be rational, we would all agree that he is a very good player. I'd give up our second round pick or O'Bree. But we should try and use O'Bree to get Johnstone first.

If Collingwood gets back N Davis I will hand in my membership. He has the heart the size of a pea and a hamstring to match.

O'Bree in exchange for TJ - won't happen. The so called reliable source made this up, one of my mates trying to see how many miles he could get with this rumour.

you idiot sheehan said:
No chance in hell, he wanted to leave, he can stay gone.

Remember that he didn't even speak to MM to say he was going. It was all done on the quiet by his manager. MM was happy with his season - knew he was playing injured, and had big things in store for him. Nows he's back with Mummy the cooking has been too good and he's half the footballer (and twice the weight).

In hindsight Roos probably got it right in offering us what he did for him. Pies supporters all saw the 'potential' but as we know that's a dangerous word.

If someone is an expert at shoulder-chip removal then a coach somewhere may have a chance. Otherwise I'd steer clear of him.

Absolutely not!! Do not want him back at all, he is a mamas boy who wanted to go home and now he can stay home!! We dont need him anyway, we dont want mamas boys playing for our club!!! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd have him back, but not for much. He's talented, but you never know what he's gunna decide on next.

We should never seriously consider taking him back. He left us , essentially a club where he highly thought off for a club where he has failed to est goodwill and therefore being shopped around.

Good ridance I say

Stan. said:
He should never have left.

He would be great in our forward line.

Id consider pick 7 for him.

you would give a first round pick for a player we got a 2nd round pick for only 2 years ago???

thank god you're not making any decisions for the club.

NOW YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE'VE WON ONE FLAG IN 47 YEARS.

Those of you who want Davis back obviously enjoy seeing Collingwood fail.

how many of your "experts' know that he walked out on Sydney a few weeks before the finals, disillusioned with AFL and talked about wanting to play rugby league with his mates. Roos had to do some quick-talking to get him back?

wake up people and smell the coffee, no wonder opposition fans make fun of some Collingwood supporters with hairbrained statements like what l've just read.

Disagree Michael Moore.

I'd strongly consider getting him, but only if we gave up nothing more than a second round pick. At that price, the possible positives outweigh the possible negatives. He can play, we all saw that in the '02 finals - and away from the security of living with Mother up in Sydney, could result in some really positive results.

For a bloke of his talent, a second round pick in a weak draft is a punt I'd be willing to take.

He is one of the most naturally talented young players in the AFL, but he doesn't have a big heart, and, even worse, is a real headcase.

Davo would quit the game before leaving Sydney again.

NaDeR said:
you would give a first round pick for a player we got a 2nd round pick for only 2 years ago???

thank god you're not making any decisions for the club.

I said i would consider it you idiot.

Try reading the post correctly hey.

Stan. said:
I said i would consider it you idiot.

Try reading the post correctly hey.

So you'd CONSIDER giving them pick 7, our first round pick, when they gave us a 2nd round pick.

same ********, different smell. idiot.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
He is one of the most naturally talented young players in the AFL, but he doesn't have a big heart, and, even worse, is a real headcase.

Davo would quit the game before leaving Sydney again.
That would be the main reason I wouldn't consider him coming back, he was a good player at the club. But I am not sure how much I would like to have him back, if he wanted to play for the club, and showed some heart, then it would be great to have him back.

But right now, it's still a no.

Remove this Banner Ad

We should get Nick Davis back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back