Autopsy Weekly Umpire Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned already, looking at total free kick counts without context is pointless. I wish they didn't even publish the free kick counts the way they do, it just leads to misconceptions of how a game was affected by the Umps. If anything I'd rather they change the stats used, instead of using Frees For and Against, just have Infringements. Might change the way people look at it (how many times a team infringed the rules instead of looking at free kicks as gifts like they're entitled to them).

Tom Cole taken high no call, just after Sheed should have been awarded holding the ball, Roos FWD 50m

Umpire's paying a lot more pushing free kicks (apparently someone sent the AFL some footage and some please explains according to Healy), umpiring less trash than usual, and we're up, go figure.

Liam Ryan held AGAIN in our fwd 50 not called

backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the umpires stayed out of it massively in the first half, and second half think we got the better side of the whistle. Certainly not our traditional shafting.

Throw hurts, but very much a game where we could have made our own luck so hard to complain about one shit call that halted what would have had to be a very improbable comeback.

After watching the AFL tick off the Yeo call then the Collingwood non-50 last week, I think every board could have a thread like this so probably just best to discuss it week by week in the autopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back