Ween

Remove this Banner Ad

bump. Been in a ween mood this past week

listening to live from fox theatre from 2005
simply brilliant

just a lazy 41 songs
they come out first and do this amazing acustic set.birthday boys,chocolate town,mucus of my brain,tried and true and i dont want it. setttles into a top groove.

did any of the 08 oz shows surface?

Thanks to footyhead07 for the heads-up

WEEN -The Caesar Demos

Ween did an album in 2003 called Quebec; before it was released it was tentatively titled "Caesar" and there were a bunch of extras and outtakes just laying around, so there's basically 15 tracks here never released and 14 alternate versions of the tracks (including an alt. version of Ooh Vah Lah which was a Japan-only release on the original album), so 16 unreleased tracks and 13 demos.

http://out-sounds.blogspot.com/2011/10/ween-caesar-demos-2011.html

or

http://www.ween.net/

Just had my first listen and LOVE it. The songs that didn't make Quebec could easily make another Shinola. There is some really good stuff on here, early favourites - Ooh Vah Lah, That man (from the flatland), ah **** it I'll just end up naming them all...

Lets hear your thoughts Ween fans...

Two things. Or three.

1 - I was guilty of adopting the "novelty band" approach until I saw them live. I don't shy away from the feeling that they're a "hey this is hilarious" kind of act but goddamn they rock with the best of them when it matters. And that's what I learned from being there while it happened.

2 - I never realized how barren the Aussie live music landscape is until I moved outside it. I've been lucky enough to see Ween twice since I moved to Denver and they're playing here again this NYE to finish a 3-night run in this town. I'm angling for tickets to one or more of the shows because it will be awesome.

3 - I know this is just digging the knife in but the first time I saw them was at Red Rocks. If you haven't seen it...****ing google the place. I struck live music gold by moving here and they played one of the best shows I've seen there...probably behind only NIN and Peter Gabriel (apologies to Primus and Kings Of Leon, and yeah I'm just listing because I can).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things. Or three.

1 - I was guilty of adopting the "novelty band" approach until I saw them live. I don't shy away from the feeling that they're a "hey this is hilarious" kind of act but goddamn they rock with the best of them when it matters. And that's what I learned from being there while it happened.

yes they can be funny.
but when people have a go at them for being a novelty band, they just have not listened to their albums in full right..

i mean, there is some dark shit on ween albums

You lucky bugger!

There is a lot I miss about living in Australia, and I'm not sure I'd trade any of it for the chances I've had here but I'm not about to cry poor because you're right. I am a lucky bugger for the things I've been allowed to experience.

yes they can be funny.
but when people have a go at them for being a novelty band, they just have not listened to their albums in full right..

i mean, there is some dark shit on ween albums

Yes and I was guilty. Even going into the first gig I was hoping they'd do Cover It With Gas, but 2 minutes in I got that this was a serious rock band and any and all previous assumptions were merely that....assumptions.

I missed this thread first time round, nice bump...

I saw them on that tour... fantastic. As said, they rock with the best of them.

I was hoping this thread bump might be for a new album, or tour, but no :(

Thanks to The Mollusk for the Caesar Demos link, I didn't know about it :thumbsu:

A mate of mine saw Dean Ween in NYC about a week ago, and although he got married only days earlier, it was one of the things he's been looking forward to for months.

Me, I missed them last time due to the same mate dudding me on a ticket.

Next time.

You can go shit in your hat (Matt) and Hello Johnny - genius

Glad you liked it Juicy. It has some cracking tunes on it does the Caesar Demos.

There was some talk a while back of Shinola Vol 2 or a new album this year but the demos release and the fact it is the 20th of December means it was just that, talk.

I really don't give a **** what anyone else thinks, Ween are the greatest band ever.

Just got an email from Aaron Freeman (Gene Ween)

http://youtu.be/1sdXMs6FmHs

Looks more like a solo album due on April 10. Hopefully it's good enough to tide us over until some new Ween becomes available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ween

Remove this Banner Ad

Back