Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article. Kind of makes me want to get back into Wendler again. Never had the problems I’ve had with GZCLP/Jacked and Tan.

I think I just burned out doing heavy PR sets all the time. And when I’d go for a 4RM or whatever it was usually NOT with 1 or 2 in the tank. Maybe 1 at most. I’d go pale almost every finished workout.

The throat strain scared me a bit. If you can make awesome progress with sub max training, then it might be time to put ego to the sword once and for all and prioritise form.

Basketball last night, hardest game in ages, was absolutely shagged after. Gym this morning having not eaten anything after bball, gee I felt weak. Same weight as Tuesday and had to cut everything short or drop a weight

Not really surprised I was weaker, but was surprised at how much difference it made compared to normal.

Wonder whether pushing it like that is good for you or just having a day off gets better results

Changed by structure, 6 days a week is impossible. 4 days a week now plus bball so there are more rest days now

Basketball last night, hardest game in ages, was absolutely shagged after. Gym this morning having not eaten anything after bball, gee I felt weak. Same weight as Tuesday and had to cut everything short or drop a weight

Not really surprised I was weaker, but was surprised at how much difference it made compared to normal.

Wonder whether pushing it like that is good for you or just having a day off gets better results

Changed by structure, 6 days a week is impossible. 4 days a week now plus bball so there are more rest days now
Definitely day off imo, with resistance training less is probably often more.

When you do train though generally go pretty hard, 0-2 reps short of failure and all that.

Quality > quantity.

Definitely day off imo, with resistance training less is probably often more.

When you do train though generally go pretty hard, 0-2 reps short of failure and all that.

Quality > quantity.
I go Fridays because I WFH and it's less rush to go in the morning compared to days I go to the office.

Saturday will be a bball shootaround with mates, decent run around. Sunday legs + shoulders/arms then nothing until Wednesday most likely

I always do this. Thankfully recover pretty quick as far as soreness goes

Sleep is my big killer, insomnia wrecks me so part of training often is just to get exhausted enough to sleep well a few nights a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back