Weird ways to eat food

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to eat things on my plate separately in order of worst tasting to best.

I've had a lot of people ask "How's the steak? etc" and have no answer because I hadn't tried it yet because I'll leave it until the end.

I'll only do it in a meat and veg type of meal. Not with stews/pastas/curries that already has the food mixed.
Great minds think alike ;)

With a Peach or Nectarine, I eat along the groove and separate into two halves, take out the stone, before eating them. Makes it seem like you eat more or something. With apricots, I always left the reddish skin last, the tastiest part.

I also eat the kiwi fruit whole. If I'm at home for dessert, I'll scoop it. But its healthy to eat whole, so if out and about or at work, I eat it whole (which freaks people out).

The peak period for weird ways of eating is childhood, as eating tasty things is basically the highlight of the day and kids have lots of time and shamelessness to do it.

With bars and ice creams with a chocolate outer layer, I tend to eat the outer layer carefully first as well.

With roasts/meat n veg meals, I always go peas/corn-carrot-potato/pumpkin-meat. Small veg, bigger veg, potato/pumpkin, meat.

Last edited:

Shell
Was watching "The Calzone" today and thought this quote was relevant to my eating habits :D

MR. STEINBRENNER: No, no, no. George let me tell you something. When I find something I like I stick with it. From 1973 to 1982 I ate the exact same lunch everyday. Turkey chili in a bowl made out of bread. Bread bowl George. First you eat the chili then you eat the bowl. There's nothing more satisfying than looking down after lunch and seeing nothing but a table.

Fold it in two.

I sometimes eat chocolate ice creams by biting off all the chocolate around the side so that I'm left with the ice cream by itself at the end.

Can backfire badly though- it makes pieces of chocolate falling off much more likely.

You are not alone. I do this, too!

I've had a lot of people ask "How's the steak? etc" and have no answer because I hadn't tried it yet because I'll leave it until the end.

I'll only do it in a meat and veg type of meal. Not with stews/pastas/curries that already has the food mixed.

I do this, too. Hubby thinks I have issues.

Back to the topic. I eat takeaway on a plate (ie. maccas meal, etc). I've been told numerous times this is weird. o_O

I also do this. Love the smug arrogance of 'plating' my large Big Mac meal on fine China and laying a napkin down next to it.

(Still drink the Coke out of the Maccas Cup though).

I also eat Pizza and Meat Pies with a knife and fork.

I'm exactly the same, I thought it was fairly logical. Why would the last thing you eat be the worst tasting thing?

Meat pie. Cut it open, squirt the sauce in the meat and stir it through the meat then scoop the meat out with a fork and then eat the rest of the pastry afterwards.
Go back to whatever backwards country you are from.

I only eat chips with Mayo

Pizza samwich, I have to push two pieces together and eat it as a samwich, or else it feels weird

Cornetto, I bite the solid chocolate part off then suck the creamy white stuff out of the phallic object

When i was a poor student i used to get a large cheeseburger meal from maccas and eat the burger in 3 layers to make it last longer/feel more filling.

Sometimes still eat mcmuffins in 2 layers but thats cos the sausage patties are so good its a waste to dilute the flavour with egg n cheese.... :drool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I use to do this. Until I made a decision just to forego crap tasting food and not bother eating it. The health benefits you supposedly get from eating horrible tasting food such as a brussel sprout, carrots. most fruit are negated by the stress of eating them. I still eat food seperately thou. Say I'm eating a steak, chips and vegies. I'll finish the steak then the chips then the vegies. Never mix.

I eat pizza with a knife and fork. My peasant friends like to tell me that I'm weird for doing that.
You'll fit in well in Europe, it's considered rude not to eat pizza with a knife and fork there!

Nothing better than getting a couple of 99c slices, bending those ****ers in two and devour that with hands. Put your cutlery away ladies

Go back to whatever backwards country you are from.

I only eat chips with Mayo

Pizza samwich, I have to push two pieces together and eat it as a samwich, or else it feels weird

Cornetto, I bite the solid chocolate part off then suck the creamy white stuff out of the phallic object
Yeh, I'll bet you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird ways to eat food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back